Airgas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Airgas Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,734 reviews

Every day was an adventure

Responsible for loading trucks; Ensure that daily inventory is correct; create customer orders; Pick up and deliver old and new products; Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle

Average but when you have the right crew it’s awesome

Was a awesome place to work until I transferred to Fargo, ND the most Laziest people ever I mean ever . Grand forks , ND awesome Dickinson, ND Awesome stores great people at these locations .

Productive and Great place to work at

Great company with great people. Management are supportive and always have the best interest for you. They try to keep the environment positive and exciting by providing breakfast/lunch on occasions or having food trucks come by once in a while. They do acknowledge and appreciate their employees by doing shout out Fridays or dedicating a whole week to Customer Service. Pretty nice. Benefits are good too. Incentives are alright but you do have the chance to possibly get 2 bonuses in a year depending on your work performance. Overall, not a bad place to work at.

Pros

positive work environment

Cons

n/a

Great home work life balance

Nothing bad to say I always drive trucks but I didn’t know anything about CO2 deliveries until I got here they train you on the job they have great trainers the management is OK some changes in that area on a regular basis the trucks are in good condition radios and AC work they fixed them quick when they go down and if they go down and you can’t work you get paid for the day two weeks vacation from 30 days onward and medical benefits for the 31st day I complain a lot they listen a lot but we all get along it’s a great job if you have a class B in a hazmat you should think about it you won’t regret it And plenty of overtime if you want it they don’t force you into working your day off but the paycheck always looks better

Horrible place to work

No one cares and no matter how hard you work you won’t be appreciated. You can literally be on your death be and will receive texts asking when will you be able to come back to work.

coworkers are ok but upper management don't care much

If they hired more drivers work would be pleasant and much easier to accomplish, be prepared to work 10 to 12 hours every day and be burnt out very fast management has no compassion for you. Your body will be completely sore every time you go home when you start to recover you start all over again on Monday

Pros

Coworkers are great fun place to work

Cons

The work can be long and exhausting and heavy

Flexibility provided the work was done.

Upon management changes, I was told I don't know my job after 10+ yrs., of doing so. It appeared we were being weeded out due to age or whom were there the longest. You made positions available for people you would bring along with you from a previous employer. I became sick in my stomach come time to go to work on a daily. Subsequently causing my resignation. Don't get me wrong, Airgas was a great place to work. I believe Airgas needs to re-evaluate Management.

Flexible schedule. Decent PTO

VERY management heavy. Not wanting to reinvest in company. Want to take care of all customers, but not willing to purchase supplies needed to do the job.

Not a good place to work at.

Airgas is not a good place to work at. Operations are run very poorly. The company is reactive and not proactive. They do not promote from within. No advancement opportunities. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Organized

Airgas was a good company to work for. I worked in accounting and felt a sense of belonging, responsibility and possibility for advancement. My position was relocated to a different state and I received a severance package.

Don't do it

Anytime a company doesn't put their name on the ad it's no good it's Airgas they will lie and cheat you they want 12 hours of work done in 8 hours the routes they give you are not in sync.they cater to the cry baby's.use you like a mule.

Past Employee

Don't work for airgas/airliquide. They will take advantage of you and management will be hounding you for every little thing. Its as if terminal management wants to terminate all employees. You will not be compensated for all time and activities you perform, and they will leave you out to dry if a problem comes up caused by your employment. They will not stand behind employees.

Worse job

At first was great loved it. But over time seniority kicks in and if you are the lowest in seniority you get all the bottom work and do everything that the other driver's don't want to do. So all the grunt work and the routes the other drivers don't want to do. Putting away stock and filling plus you have to do your driving job. No respect from other driver's. Want a job where you are not appreciated by anyone this is the job for you!

Pros

Cons

Your the dog and looked down on

Repetitious and boring

Training was a charade, you only learn 1% of what you need to know on the floor in training.. Once on the floor they expect you to be a self starter to things you’ve never done before.. My supervisor didn’t speak to me, train me or give me tools I needed to succeed for with my accounts, help was situational.. I was the only person of color on my team and I felt it everyday. I was trained alone, And received partial training as my whole team was working from home with me being the only person in the office with my supervisor switching between weeks with a team lead who clearly didn’t want to be there with me. I was treated as if I received full training but it showed in my work that I was struggling. I lost my drive after reaching out for help with no success. The other employees for the most part were nice.. I feel like I was was dealt the short hand of the stock from day one.

Pros

Great work life balance, great benefits, nice facilities, hour lunches

Cons

Need more inclusion efforts, better training and supersvisors.

Productive company that strives on continuous improvement and keeping our employees safe and happy.

This company is truly trying to incorporate continuous improvement as well as 5S, RCA, and different methods in order to become the best at the type of industry it's in. I'm excited to see how this company elevates.

Just a job not a career

The pay is subpar and there is no growth within the company. Management does not help or direct you with advancement. Yearly bonus is a joke. Dead end job.

Very poor upper management . Manage seemed to be more concerned about achieving their bonus than customer service .

It became obvious that drivers were not important to upper management . Very high turn over , causing team members to take on more hours .Class A CDL Drivers can do better .

Pros

Good place to land and look

Cons

See above

Good job if you’re not planning on moving up or getting a decent raise every year.

Good place to work if you just want to be a driver. If you just do 40 hours then you will struggle since pay is low and you get paid bi-weekly, you will need to milk the clock like some drivers here do to get 14 hours a day just so you can make it with the low pay. Benefits are good but really expensive. I don’t know what time off is like because no matter how much I work I never seem to get any and when I ask if I have any kind of PTO it’s always no. Management is all remote so the person telling you what to do in texas is probably living somewhere in east. All of communication will be via email so if you have any questions you just get sent around.

Pros

Great co-workers always willing to help

Cons

Too many to name.

Everyone is treated as replaceable.

Terrible work life balance—they expect you to work like a salary employee but constantly complain about overtime hours. After my shift, I go home and work remotely until I fall asleep in my chair at my computer. I have an entry level position with hourly pay. There should be absolutely no reason for a company to expect an employee to work 24 hours a day! Especially since they only pay me for 8. But it is “expected” because they are too cheap to hire more people. At my location, we have lost 75% of the employees so far in 2022, and the last 25% are actively seeking other employment. It is a problem throughout the company. In recent years it has become a toxic and hateful place to work company wide. They report record revenue, then turn around and tell us only salaried, corporate employees earned raises. “If you don’t like it, you can quit” is something that is commonly told to us by upper management. It has been so bad for so long that many employees, including myself, now see quitting as the better option. I have been with the company for almost 8 years and am delighted to say that soon I won’t be working there anymore.

Woukdnt recommend.

Company good. Management sucks. Constant stress. You will be expected to be available but then your boss will never answer their phone when you need assistance.

Airgas did not utilize my professional skills and knowledge in this industry

I was really excited about working for Airgas. Coming from a competitor with many very successful years in the gas business, Airgas failed to utilize my knowledge and expertise. I found that you needed to kiss butt with direct management in order to move up. Local management was very unprofessional and lacked knowledge of the cylinder gas and bulk gas business. I was extremely happy to leave Airgas and accept a professional position with another gas company.

Pros

The gas business is very exciting and self rewarding business.

Cons

Base pay was below industry standard. Local management was extremely poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Airgas