Airport Retail Enterprises
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Airport Retail Enterprises Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Friendly professional team with good management
Great location and challenging role changing everyday

If you don't drive travel to airport is a bit annoying but buses come regularly
The work is 7 days a week. I leaned how to manage time and other various skills. The working culture is really fun and loving and supportive there. The most enjoyable part of job is you can do the work in whichever section you like to do.
Pros
Free Coffee and launches
Cons
Physical Work
working in the airport is the most diverse experience i ever had. you will meet a lot of people from around the world with their unique behaviour.
within the company itself, i found the work culture more relaxed as long as you finish what you need to be done.
Good to work there. There are many good people to work with . They are very helpful and co- operative . In busy season there is bit stressful and long hours for the full timer but for the casual it’s okey ..no problem .
Bit long time take to reach to work because from the car park there is a long walk to terminal . Otherwise good .
The managers and the boss are very relaxed and don't mind you having some fun as long as the job is performed to a high standard at the end of the day.
it was a great experience working there. I think you need to have a certain "grit" to keep up with the pace, but as a first true food service job i really enjoyed the atmosphere.
Working for Airport Retail Enterprises has driven me to improve how I perform at work, while also teaching me valuable skills and important relationships. The management are individuals who lead by example, alongside employees who are kind and hardworking.
Pros
Competitive pay, Friendly crew and reliable management
Cons
Occasional back to back shifts
Working at ARE, I gained multiple friends from both my team and my regular customers. I find this to be especially important for having a well-flowing, comfortable work environment.
- Extremely busy at all times
- Very Stressful place to work

- Colleagues not friendly

- Very draining constantly serving customers

- Get alot of rude customers
Bad management leads all kinds of problems that can not be solved.no positive working place culture, high rate of staff changing. The company is not looking after the staff at all . You won’t believe until you’ve been there.
Dont work for them the managers are nasty and dont care about staff. They bully you, lie to cover there mistakes and treatment of staff and health and saftey was also bad.
The good things
Working for ARE inside the airport has been a really valuable experience and the management team are extremely supportive.

The challenges

Fast paced environment and pressure of meeting deadlines.
The managers don’t look after their employees. They just have expectations and give nothing. Meet great people. Not bad salary, Casual barista earning $28.
Have any of you guys ever watched Jeopardy, when they have the tournaments with the little kids? They're like 10-12 or somet. Well, you know how all the non-age-specific questions (so not stuff like children's books/television) are so easy it's laughable? You know how there's not even a point in watching it because it's just boring? The entire world is like that for me. I've never been officially IQ tested since I was a little kid, but that doesn't matter. I taught myself how to read when I was 18 months old, taught myself how to solve a Rubik's Cube when I was 5 or 6, and surpassed a college reading level by third grade. "Gifted" was thrown around a lot by my teachers. My mother once tested at IQ 160, and I am far above her. In my senior year, I took on my entire Genetics class in a Jeopardy-style tournament (9 buzzers against 1) and demolished them. I could continue to blather on about the myriad of ways I've proven myself to be of remarkably high intelligence, but there isn't any point. The point is that the world just bores me. I routinely find myself encountering people who have problems, and it just amazes me how these ordinary people can be so unbelievably stupid. These people in my family, at my job, or wherever.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to access
Serving beverages for customers, cleaning up dirty dishes on the table and cleaning them.
- very friendly working team members which makes it a comfortable place

- gets busy at times but nothing too hard
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
might get too tiring sometimes
need to encourage and support more employee
focused only on making money.

Nice spot to meet many people and create relationships

lack of organization

Good salary rate
fantastic company, very good people i really enjoyed working there
almost on my first shift had me doing things like I was supposed to know how things work when I had no clue had more people quit due to poor management and them not owning up to their mistakes

got to meet new people most days as they are always hiring

need to learn the value of stuff and other workers
Pros
pay for everything
Cons
never honest
Good team
We have won national awards 3 yerss in a row

Been here since we opened I am training to become a manager and get help to get there

I like what i do
Pros
Team
Cons
Busy busy
I learnt a lot so far working for this company and it is really good environment to work with. I got to meet lots of people and customer. So far it has been a good place to work
Pros
Free Tea and coffee, good salary
Cons
Sometimes long hours
HR and Company Directors well aware of bad culture within the company but not willing to support though those changes, allowing the senior management to continue with bad work ethics and attitude towards other colleagues.
Pros
Free food and coffee
Cons
Red tape policy's allowing bad culture to continue