Airservices Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Airservices Australia Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
Great staff but management is very questionable.
Company was to outsource its complete IT Division however would not tell any of its staff and hence the staff were worried what was happening and when they would be told to go.
The Onesky Program at Airservices Australia is a highly interesting challenge as it is a world-first to develop and implement a joint Civil and Military Air Traffic Control System.
Pros
Flexible work, work from home
Hopeless & disappointed.
4 hours travel per day poor decision makers. No consideration to own regular employees thinking laying off large number of Traffic controllers
The job is awesome, however the management have degraded skill sets and disabled the workforce from performing their duties - leading to a very negative workplace and culture.
At my time of employment the organisation was going through a time of great organisational change that could have been managed better. However I believe today the organisation is an intersting place to work.
Management with a serious lack of knowledge. People not adding value, stifling bureaucracy, individual protectionism and a mantra of ‘we have always done this way’.

The HSE Managment System is an utter joke. It is complex, unusable, inflexible and so far removed from what is acceptable in other high reliability organisations.

Ironically some of the poorest performers have been retained/promoted since the redundancy program in 2016.
Pros
Pays very well
Cons
Middle management with lack of experience outside the company
Reactive Exec. So far removed from what's actually happening in the business. A massive redundancy program 2016 saw 900+/- marched out. Ironically some of the poorest performers were retained. Some of the senior leaders who were the cause of the culture also remained. Good luck to them........
Pros
Pay well
Cons
5 corporate restructures in 3 years. Tough environment to deliver a project under.
New management brought in with serious lack of knowledge causing cost and time delays.

Limited focus at the senior level.
Pros
People, flexibility.
Cons
Changes in management are continuous. revolving door.
Has good work life balance and a good work culture.
The offices and facilities are new and well maintained.

Unfortunately there is no public transport within 10Km of the workplace.
Pros
Flexible work hours
- Poor senior management

- bullying and threatening culture

- Senior management in fighting

- Senior management lack of decision making

- Not an open culture
Pros
Salary package good
Cons
Bullying culture / poor senior management
It is a very challenging environment with many non mainstream idiosyncrasies. But, it is also very rewarding when a cultural change that you have played a major role in comes to fruition and is accepted positively.
Pros
My manager is extremely supportive
Cons
Historical roadblocks
This is a great place to work. Since working here I have learnt so many new things, the company paid for my learning at Wagga Wagga TAFE. The people are very laid back and professional and the management is really great.
Air services Australia are a government organisation but with a different agenda they are financed partly by the government and partly by the airlines. They need to provide the government with profit and it is minimal and the company pockets the rest. The money goes into inflated salaries for easy senior positions.
I have learned many things new in using SAP systems along with a Customised System, CPM exclusively meant for Planning & Financial analysis etc.,

Also handled various Projects with respect to Building New Control Towers, Fire Stations and upgrading various Building related projects as well.

Also, exposed to the working of Aviation Industries functions and its Legal compliances too.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
For Long hours.
Working in a high stress environment the hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude and being assertive in a workplace where your everyday work is closely monitored. This has driven me to be more ambitious and confident in dealing with everyday decisions. Prioritising and good decision making is vital.
Interesting variety of work where no two days are the same with lots to learn in various departments!

Work culture is big on being an equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
This was my first long term job. It was a great place to start my career. I gained skills in Finance, projects, Human Resources and Administration. I also had the opportunity to work in a number of different roles.
Extremely cuthtroat, with a very defensive and dishonest culture. I left during downsizing and accepted a voluntary redundancy. I would not recommend this as an enjoyable or professional workplace
I was a project manager in a very dynamic project delivery environment. I loved the challenges of project delivery, work place culture was awesome and hardest part of job was working through red tape.
Takes a lot of time to get anything done.
The designs are bullet-proof mainly because of the Main and Standby paths and the very high system availability requirement.
Pros
Communications links are of solid design
Cons
Takes long time to get a project completed
I was there as an intern but the work was very interesting. The work culture was great. Management was great and the salary was very good for an intern.