Airservices Australia Employee Review

View all Airservices Australia reviews

Dynamic and interesting industry
Coordinator Northern Operations (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD13 March 2017
A typical day sees me liaising with the 10 Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting Stations from Cairns to Ballina.
I have learned that there are lots of different dynamics in a Fire Station which make it a very interesting place to work.
The workplace culture is at present changing as there has been a big restructure and new systems and processes are being brought in. This is sometimes good but sometimes not when processes are implemented that are not ready to be rolled out.
The most enjoyable part of my job is liaising with all the Operational Managers and staff on a daily basis. I love helping them by assisting them in training and implementing new systems.
The hardest part of my job can sometimes be that I am isolated from the stations.

Other Airservices Australia Employee Reviews

Airservices Australia
Program Manager - PMO (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 June 2019
At my time of employment the organisation was going through a time of great organisational change that could have been managed better. However I believe today the organisation is an intersting place to work.
Reactive management with no direction
N/A (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 February 2019
Management with a serious lack of knowledge. People not adding value, stifling bureaucracy, individual protectionism and a mantra of ‘we have always done this way’.

The HSE Managment System is an utter joke. It is complex, unusable, inflexible and so far removed from what is acceptable in other high reliability organisations.

Ironically some of the poorest performers have been retained/promoted since the redundancy program in 2016.
Pros
Pays very well
Cons
Middle management with lack of experience outside the company