Airservices Australia Employee Reviews

Safe and flexible.
Senior Airways Systems Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD9 October 2016
Excellent employer. excellent renumeration. Good friendly people. Safety first culture.

While I personally do not agree with some measures taken by senior management, the overall workplace has a common mindset of the uncompromising safety of everyone who flies aircraft within Australia and the surrounding regions, and equally of all staff who work in or for the company.
Pros
Everyone belives what they do in some way affects aviation safety
Cons
Stress of safety to the airborne flying public.
Good place to work. Only downside in my time was several restructures.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT2 August 2016
Flexible start finish times, opportunities fro secondments and colleagues working toward similar objectives make for a good workplace.
Multiple restructures meant changes in managers and staff but generally for the better.
Hardest part - keeping up with the changes
Best part most staff working to toward the same end - safety.
Good if you're an Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller Ab Initio (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD13 June 2016
A good place to work if you're an Air Traffic Controller. The hours are relatively short for them and the work is good. Typically they work 1-2 hours on and then half hour - one hour off for a maximum of 35 hours per week or they get overtime for extra hours. Pays very well too except whilst training.
Pros
Lots of breaks, Good pay once trained
Cons
Low pay whilst in training, no guarantee you'll pass the training
Ok
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  AU20 April 2016
This was an interesting assignment. I worked there for a few weeks as a consultant and found it pretty interesting. It had some challenges with project funding which I was happy to address.
Cons
Enjoyed most of my time there.
Team Leader CMRD/NDC (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC18 February 2016
Generally had the scope in my roles to set my own agenda and manage my work to best fit in the day as long as the required work was completed to the required standard.
Enjoyable work place
CASPS system Administrator/Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth, Brisbane7 November 2014
Quite a while ago, but this was a very rewarding job. I did complete the Air Traffic Control Training, but failed to qualify. This helped when I was put into the training area to assist with Training Development.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Shift Work.
I started my employment with them and continued for 25 years
Aviation Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane19 July 2014
Overall a good place to work , I decided that I needed to experience new and different jobs
Fairly Stock Standard Govt. Dept.
RADIO LINEMAN / GENERAL SERVICES OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane30 June 2013
plenty of travel but not much money for the actual workers. As usual management is on heaps anda lineman is on only $50,000 if you are lucky
Pros
Travel
Cons
No money, Do not pay overtime