AKQA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AKQA Employee Reviews

Australia4 reviews
I enjoyed working on multiple projects for Caltex, Lexus, Tourism Australia, Bunnings and LendLease at AKQA. My coworkers were very enthusiastic, skilled and collaborative. I have also worked for the White Agency which belongs to the same parent company, WPP AUNZ. I really enjoyed working with a diverse range of clients, colleagues and Project managers. Whilst working at WPP AUNZ I formed strong professional relationships and continue to collaborate and communicate the people I worked with onsite.
A great place to work with fun as well as challenging day to day work. Managements are very easy going. You are going to have a very good working environment where you will find a lot of fun stuff to do
If you want to progress in this company, then you need to kiss butts. A lot. Be prepared to bow your head without a peep. Slave away when someone else doesn't pull their weight on a presso. Laugh at the pathetic jokes of the obnoxious long-haired one. And do not, as much as it may pain you, challenge the hierarchy.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Zero recognition for your work
After grabbing a large, strong coffee and taking 15 minutes to respond and send an email an AGILE standup including all team members either physical, virtual or a combination of both thereof works for me.

It's always important to have a clear picture of where the project as a whole is at and each members task status at standup.

Once standup is over then it's a case of knocking off as many tasks and stories as possible to deliver as part of the current sprint.

Mid-afternoon there is usually a deployment from development to staging or staging to prod.

Team members verify related components and functionality behaves as expected on all supported workflows, platforms, devices, performance deployed as part of the latest build and perform regression testing.

System issue & management tools are updated to reflect the status of items deployed to their new environment and any P1 bugs addressed as a priority.
Pros
Interesting, clever people
Cons
Not enough interesting, clever people
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AKQA?