Albury Wodonga Health Employee Reviews

Ovearll clinical placement
Student Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC27 December 2018
Everyone in the allied health department were lovely and supportive. I was given opportunities to diversify my clinical range to treat a variety of patients. The overall environment was positive.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC9 July 2018
Great place to work, great team and great work environment.
Great opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Also has great after work social activities.
Pros
Great team
Cons
underesourced in some discplines
overall good place to work
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW3 July 2018
work was full on but had procedures and usually people to back you up in busy times. workmates were helpful and management was approachable. time management was important.
Pros
hours were ideal for me
Cons
lot of heavy work to fit into short work time
Multifaceted health service with great opportunities
Clinical Manager - Care Coordination Team (Current Employee) –  Wodonga VIC5 June 2018
Albury Wodonga Health is a growing and ever changing, progressive health service that spans two State borders - NSW and Victoria.
The CEO has progressive and has undertaken an extremely difficult task - getting the health service into a sustainable financial position. This has caused many employees concern as there has been considerable change implemented. I believe this has been necessary to take the service into the next 50 years.
Whilst there has been lots of change incorporated and is ongoing, I firmly believe that Albury Wodonga Health is a fantastic place to work with multiple opportunities to advance both professionally and clinically.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
Cons
impact of change on employees
enjoyed job but work too heavy for me
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Albury NSW17 October 2017
typical day started at 3pm with cleaning floors then doing dishes ,cleaning equipment , emptying bins etc as well as delivery of meal trolleys to wards and collecting them. At other times did stock control and helped out other kitchen staff.

hardest part of job was time management. I found I was a bit slow.(work was very labour intensive) best part of job was other staff who helped out when they could.
Pros
only worked weekdays unless iwas needed
Cons
being last shift everything had to be complete at end of shift
Good conditions, under funded workshop, tools, spare parts ect.
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga9 August 2017
Overall a good place to work, friendly workers in all departments. On call system works well for after hours breakdowns, work vehicle supplied and backup assistance available if required.
Pros
Good working conditions.
Cons
Being around sick people.
Not a place to work at all
OHT (Former Employee) –  Wodonga VIC10 July 2017
A very nice clinic but unfortunately it has lot of political issues in the company especially very poor management with very poor salary. They will not support you at all.
Very efficient staff and management
Hospital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albury-Wodonga VIC3 July 2017
I worked for Albury Wodonga Health for 13 year in many different roles, I worked in the catering department and learnt many valuable skills, delivery of all meals including mid meals, cooking and preparation of meals and modified diets..all aspects of working in a commercial kitchen, MO W and patient and staff meals...I interacted every day with nurses and patients...it was a great place to work and made many friendships whilst there...
Great environment to work in
Volunteer (current) (Former Employee) –  Albury15 October 2015
At present my volunteer work at the Albury Wodonga Health OP Shop is very rewarding.
I enjoy helping people, and it keeps my hand in with retail sales.
Pros
Meeting people, satifisation in helping people, working with other volunteers
Cons
No negative work experience
Extremely busy and full on role
Accounts Payable Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wodonga12 March 2015
General duties are executed by the AP team with my role overseeing and problem shooting, with mind to reviewing and improving processes and procedures. Investigating potential options and implementation of such if appropriate. Many changes have been implemented to processes and procedures and efficiencies in this department overall have been huge. The hardest part of the position is time management, however can say that my skills in this area have changed and improved dramatically as a result. The most enjoyable part of this role is the opportunity to be able to grow and develop the team with new and exciting avenues of improvement and to see the benefits for the team and the external stakeholders.
Pros
Flexibility with work hours, if required
Cons
Very demanding role.