Alchemy Recruitment Employee Reviews

Friendly and Supportive
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex27 February 2019
Working for Alchemy has been a fantastic experience.

Despite being a temporary employee, I was immediately welcomed into the Alchemy family and included in all company events. Beginning my employment at the beginning of December, I was able to take part in Alchemy’s Christmas Party, National Christmas Jumper Day, helping to decorate the office, and taking part in last day activities such as ‘secret Santa’ and the traditional office christmas quiz.

The training and support I have received has been wonderful. All my day-to-day responsibilities and duties were helpfully explained during a thorough induction by different members of the team, so I had to the opportunity to engage with different colleagues right from the start.

I am never worried about asking for help or guidance. The open plan office means that members from different teams often interact and provide assistance to Resourcers, Recruitment Consultants and Managers. The atmosphere is so friendly and supportive, there is a genuine spirit of helping each other to achieve and be successful in whatever task is being undertaken.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
the kettle keeps breaking (I think a new one is being ordered)
Simply Great
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex4 October 2018
Alchemy is a great company to work for.

Upon starting, my training was taken extremely seriously by my colleagues. They took the time to sit down and fully explain the different tasks, making it very clear that they fully expected me to have numerous questions and never be afraid to ask them. Alchemy as a company thrives on communication and support within the office which considering it is in the recruitment industry this is a huge asset.

Even though I am currently employed on a temporary contract I have been welcomed into the Alchemy family with open arms; no advice, friendship or support withheld.

The atmosphere within the office is always sociable, passionate and uplifting. I never go a day here without laughing. Alchemy hold numerous events, including International Chocolate day, Jeans for Genes day and I have only been here 3 weeks.

Working at Alchemy has given me a new lease of life and I look forward to going to work every morning.
Pros
Corporate Culture
Cons
Unregulated temperatures in the office
A great employer!
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Essex, United Kingdom2 July 2018
Genuinely the best company I have ever worked for!

You are made to feel welcome from the second you join and can get settled straight away.

I like the fact that its clear what is expected from you and you are given total autonomy. Its a different type of recruitment here as its specialist and most of us work roles all over the world, so its not about who can be the quickest on the phone, its about knowledge, quality of work and good recruiting. It's nothing like most of the recruitment firms that I have experienced, who still have an old fashioned recruitment style and office environment.

The Managers are always visible in the office, and work alongside the Consultants and Resourcers, which I think sets a good example to the rest of the team and helps with continued learning.

This is truly a company that wants everyone to succeed and help you to do so. You don't get left in the dark or left behind as everything is visible and there is always someone to help. Like most companies, there are different individuals that are good at different things, but here they actually use these skills instead of limiting people, which I find very appealing.

The office culture is mostly relaxed and I feel comfortable to speak with everyone. Its really nice that we have a mix of different ages so everyone fits in.
Pros
We have had a number of team building events which I've really enjoyed, as this gave me the opportunity to socialise and spend time with people from other teams.
Cons
IT support could be quicker, we use an outsourced company and sometimes they can take time to respond.
Great opportunities to develop
Recruitment Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 January 2018
I have only worked at Alchemy for 3 months but I have found that during this time I have learnt a lot about the specific niche sectors that Alchemy works within. The team that I work with is very supportive and employees’ personal achievements are recognised. Another benefit of working at Alchemy is that the office holds a dress down policy all year round which I find makes the office feel more relaxed. The company holds regular charity days and fundraising events and there is a friendly atmosphere.

Since I have joined, there have been training sessions which I have found helpful. There are opportunities for professional progression, with Resourcers being promoted to Recruitment Consultants.

A negative of working at Alchemy, as previously mentioned, is that there is a lack of parking spaces immediately available outside of the office and so most of the team have to park in the nearby shopping outlet car park instead.
Pros
The office holds a dress down policy all year round and regular charity days and fundraising events
Cons
As previously mentioned, Lack of parking spaces outside of the office
Poor customer service
Prospective (Former Employee) –  Essex24 November 2017
Do not use this company. They promised my granddaughter the world - interviewed her - kept her on edge - didn't reply to emails - didn't contact her. Very disappointing.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Official response from Alchemy Recruitment
12 December 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for making us aware of this situation. Unfortunately, in the case of apprenticeship schemes, we work with an external learning provider whom should have relayed our feedback to any potential apprentice following the interview. We recommend that the relevant applicant follow up with the learning provider if this is the case. Outside of the apprenticeship scheme, the applicant should reach out to our HR Department directly via telephone and we will be happy to discuss the matter further.
To our knowledge, no application processes have been left outstanding and we have been unable to locate any e-mail correspondence to this effect; however, we shall endeavor to resolve this matter upon direct contact with the relevant party. It is our policy to provide feedback following interviews however we cannot comment further on any specific application status to non-applicants or applicant’s family members.

Kind Regards,
HR Representative
Alchemy Recruitment Ltd

"Alchemy Recruitment - Exciting Recruitment Company"
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex24 May 2017
I’ve worked in recruitment for over 10 years, I made the decision to work for Alchemy Recruitment and pleased to say everything described in the interview is reality. The company has been trading over 20 years, it has developed a strong niche in the market and an excellent reputation amongst candidates and clients. The company has invested very heavily with time and money to ensure the resourcers and consultants have the necessary IT and social media resources in place to make our job easier. They have very grown up approach to recruitment, it is a non KPI heavy environment and consultants are judged on sales which is very refreshing. There is a huge potential for all levels of staff to progress very quickly, they are continually looking to promote internally and reward progress. The team is very supportive, friendly, happy to help when needed and this creates an enjoyable place to work.
Cons
I know this has previously been mentioned and strongly agree the office is very warm in the summer
Great company with excellent benefits
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex6 March 2017
Since I started working for Alchemy I have developed lots of key skills while learning on the job. The team is friendly and offer support to those who are in need of it. The management are always happy to listen to any questions or queries you may have and are supportive to all of their colleagues. Regular team meetings are held to keep track of progression - this is a great way to monitor how you are getting on, positives and negatives and things to improve on.
Pros
Great team, Supportive Management, Ideal office Location & career progression available.
Cons
No radio & not enough team outings.
Alchemy is so much more than a typical recruitment agency...
Alchemy Member (Current Employee) –  Essex8 February 2017
I have been with Alchemy Recruitment Ltd for a couple of years now, and one of the things I like most about the company is the organisation’s continuing evolution of practice. Although the company does maintain core values of traditional recruitment, there has also been development beyond this original nature towards a more consultative entity offering a 360◦ anticipatory service to clients. In short, Alchemy is so much more than a typical recruitment agency.

There is scope for independent research projects, legal advice, salary bench-marking and developing market research…As a professional operating within the recruitment industry this is refreshing. The tools and technology at our disposal to be able map and network within the market are truly innovative. I am proud of the fact that I work for a company that is at the cutting edge of the industry and pushing the limits of what it means to work as a recruiter in the most positive of ways.

Whilst working at Alchemy I have been given opportunities to expand my personal and professional knowledge, I feel that my abilities have been well noted by decision makers whom have never sought to limit my potential but have encouraged me to broaden my skill set with unique and rewarding challenges. This is a company where adaptability and change are embraced, hard work is recognised and prospects for career progression are both available and achievable.
Pros
Positive culture with a fluid working style and openness to change, autonomous working, accessible management.
Cons
Physical circumstances of the work environment: limited parking, lack of break room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alchemy Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6