Alchemy Tuition
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

49: Alchemy Tuition Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews

4.8Work–Life Balance

Great platform for private tutors to connect with more clients

Alchemy is a great place to find more clients as a private tutor. The online system is the easiest to navigate of any of the tutoring companies I've worked with. On the tutor portal, you can view all available jobs, which are separated between online and in-person. If there is a client who matches your qualifications and schedule, you accept the job and then access the client's contact details. Within a couple of weeks of joining the company, I had six new students that I was tutoring. The team at Alchemy are very friendly and helpful. If there is ever a question or issue, they can be reached within minutes either online or via text. I would recommend Alchemy to both new and experienced tutors!

Pros

Excellent tutor portal and job board

Cons

Tutor pay rates are not great

Well managed company with effective methods

During my short stint with Alchemy Tuition so far, I've been impressed with the support I've received as a tutor. Staff are quick to respond to queries and are trusting of their tutors. The teaching process has been very enjoyable. With Alchemy, parents and students share high expectations of the calibre of teaching, which is a rewarding challenge to face.

Pros

Committed students, professional and involved process

Cons

Hourly rate is poor in comparison to private tutoring, online classroom software could be improved, especially the whiteboard function.

Relaxed and very helpful environment

A typical day is planning lessons and making sure everything is organised, I learnt that it is always about how can we better help our clients. Hardest part is knowing whether you are being helpful or if you can do more. I love connecting with several different people and developing new ways of teaching.

Very Flexible Contract Job

You work as a contract tutor, and have high flexibility to choose which student you want to tutor. Management is helpful, but mostly you are on your own with your teaching material and style.

Rewarding and fun workplace

I love working for Alchemy, I have formed great connections with my students and I throughly enjoy tutoring. Great variety of resources available to tutors.

Fun, progressive organisation

Staff are friendly and quick to answer my queries by text, email or chat. Their emails are encouraging and their dashboard is one the better ones in the education and tutoring market. High recommend, Alchemy!

Flexible and well managed. You're in control.

Alchemy is very transparent about everything and very thorough and helpful when it comes to training. You're subcontracted so everything is completely in your control, Alchemy just does all the organisation and admin for you. The hours are extremely flexible. You pick which students you work with and therefore which hours you work.

Productive and fun job to have

Alchemy Tuition is my first Tutoring role. I am currently enjoying the job as it provides great flexibility as I can pick and choice which students I want to tutor.

Pros

Flexible for a uni student

Cons

Pay

Best tutoring company hands down!

Alchemy is the only tutoring company that I have worked for that pays acceptable wages, and trust me, I have worked for so many. You start on 35 an hour, which is well above the sub 30 offered by basically every other company. With travel bonuses, that often gets close, or to 40, and if you have recurring lessons with a student for weeks, or months, or years, they will keep upping your wage. Top that off with a super easy interview process, and a super professional support team that is willing to help their tutors should they not know what to say or do when a difficult situation arises with a client. Alchemy has always had my back as a tutor, and I have many happy clients, and a great paycheck in return. Tutoring is such a rewarding job, as you get to see yourself making a difference to someone else's life, and future. You can also choose your own hours and arrange lesson times with the client, or with the help of Alchemy should a compromise be needed. Many companies slap this love of the job out of you with abysmal wages that see you running off to a retail job when doing uni to keep paying the bills. All in all, I recommend this company for anyone looking to get into tutoring, whether it be taking on a student or two whilst they do uni, or taking on 10-20 students and working every afternoon and every weekend during their gap year or as a profession before they get into full time teaching.

Pros

Great pay, great management, rewarding job

Fun and easy going

Great job if you have a busy schedule. Very rewarding teaching K-12, tailoring lessons to each of their needs. Management is very friendly and are easy to contact when there are questions or any problems.

A warm and supportive workplace with Alchemy Tuitions.

Alchemy Tuition is a wonderful workplace. Ive only been worki g for less than 6 months yet I've come to realise how caring and supportive each member of the staff is. Whether I have trouble with a student, my session timmings, payments or even lesson planning..I am always able to contact them without hesitation. In return, they guide me really well. I always appreciate reaching out to them because I know I will be shown the right way of doing something.

Very flexible and fair rates of pay, with constant communication which is excellent.

I love teaching the kids, and it taught me more about developing stronger communicative abilities. Alchemy does an amazing job in consistently communicating with tutors to ensure everything is running smoothly.

Pros

Flexibility Fair pay

Cons

N/a

Highly responsive and caring for workers

Very nice pay and good staffflexible, balanced, and good working environment. For me personally: I love taking responsibility for my own learning as well as applying the output of my learning by teaching or working cooperatively with others. As for my current endeavours, I will like to pursue my passion in mathematics in university since I would like to challenge myself in the depths of the field I love.

Pros

flexible

Cons

learning to use their system but it does not take that long

Fantastic management

After working at Alchemy for over 18 months, I can safely say it is one of the easiest to use tutoring services. Overall, it is a great service, and you will not be disappointed by the fantastic management team at Alchemy, and the incredible tutors that devote their time to help their students. It’s a great little community.

Pros

I simply love the values of alchemy, – set on building confidence and increasing motivation, I get the biggest reward when I see my students grow, the parents simply love you for it

Cons

Everything has been smooth flowing, sometimes the website interface is slightly buggy, but overall a wonderful experience with the Alchemy team.

you guys are amazing thank you so much!

I have a very positive experience from working for Alchemy Tuition. It helps create long term connections between tutors and students. I was especially drawn to the friendly team, quick communication and well established website. All I have left is my want to give everyone at Alchemy a covid-safe hug. Thank you for this opportunity, I love what I do! Provide an option for being paid weekly instead of each class basis so it is easier for me to keep a track of my payments as I have been doing multiple classes a week

Pros

Plenty of students, flexibility and fast payments

Cons

Would like an option to be paid weekly instead of after each session, . It sometimes hard to track, although I like the fast payments

Keep up the great work Alchemy

Keep up doing what you're doing! I think your pay rates are definitely attractive relative to other peers. I do think the base salary increase for every 10 sessions is a good idea. I have learnt so much about myself and improved my communication to which I am very thankful for.

Pros

The online tutoring platform has some amazing features, not offered by places like Zoom however it lacks in a few basic features

Cons

With online tutoring, it would be great to enable the student to write on the screen shared, . This is so that there is no need to take the screenshare down, when working on a question.

Forward thinking company invested in seeing me improve

Really impressed with how alchemy has helped me grow as a tutor. This job has also given me more confidence looking for jobs in the future purely by the way they treat the tutors. Thank you for making Alchemy a great place to work at :)

Pros

Everything!

Cons

None, thanks.

Fun and self-paced work environment with great opportunities to learn new things and help others in the process!

The working environment is great, lovely people who are always willing to help you with any issues revolving you or the students. While the incredible pay rates are what most people will be attracted to, there is some pressure on you to impress parents and cater to students based on what their parents say regardless of your planning and preparation. However, that one aspect doesn't do justice to the incredible opportunity you get to change and help young minds. Overall it's a great experience, especially since you can tutor based on your chosen subjects and academic strengths!

Pros

Incredible pay rates, great management

Cons

Can be stressful at times, lack of students at times

Couldn't recommend Alchemy higher

Really happy with my time at Alchemy. It is great to see the company grow and thank you for all the organising, communicating and desire to help tutor’s towards their career.

Pros

I really like how prompt and simple Alchemy's payment system is - super helpful!

Cons

Would have liked more initial check-ins to see how I was going, and more feedback about how I could improve

Incredible experience

Working at Alchemy has been incredible, to be able to work flexibly for such a supporting team has been an immense pleasure. I recommend Alchemy for both people looking for tutors and for tutors themselves.

Pros

High pay with it increasing the more you work with a kid

Help staff for a remote working environment.

The philosophy of ALchemy tuition is very clear, they value personal growth as leading to higher academic results. There are plenty of tutoring resources available to me and quick responses when problems arise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alchemy Tuition. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Alchemy Tuition Reviews by Job Title

• Alchemy Tuition
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?