Alchemy Tuition
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Alchemy Tuition Employee Reviews

Alchemy Tuition is a great place to start tutoring if you've never tutored before, or for anyone who enjoys working witha variety of students. Their online resources and pointers provide new and passionate teachers with an opportunity to spend some quality time with their students. A hands-off management approach allows tutors to develop their own teaching styles, with any assistance being provided if necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours and low pressure.
Cons
It's sometimes hard to find a job, even when you're available.
Alchemy is a great place to work. Every step of the way they try to make sure that you are well prepared, well resourced and have lots of happy students.
Pros
Quick and easy payment system
Cons
Parents expect a lot of unpaid prep time
The Alchemy management team is very supportive of its employees. They offer a great deal of lesson plans, practice papers and content notes, meaning that it is easy to create a high quality lesson without a huge deal of preparation.
Pros
Access to content
Cons
Travel times / less pay for online lessons
Client didn’t pay for first two lessons and then decided to cancel. Alchemy didn’t inform me and I wasted an hour travelling to the client’s home, only for them to tell me they have decided not to continue. When I chased up their management about being payed, they said they were waiting for the client to pay when they obviously had no intention of doing so. It’s been three years and I still haven’t seen the $60 I earned. Very deceitful.
Pros
Cons
Deceitful and refused to pay me.
18 August 2020
Hi there,I am sorry to hear that you didn’t have the 5 star experience we strive for and it has lingered on your mind for 3 years.This shouldn’t have happened then, and it would not happen now. We ensure all our tutors are paid for the work they do, even paying out of our own pocket if there are issues receiving payment from the family. Your time is valuable and we never want to see it wasted!If you'd like to get in touch we would like to discuss this further and see how we can make it right by you.Nic - Alchemy Tuition
Working from different places and meeting different children's requirements. Very rewarding working dynamic as allow a child's education to be advanced.
18 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review - we are grateful to have you on the team! We will be working hard to make your experience worthy of 5-stars in the future!
Working as a tutor is very rewarding. You see students improve not only their academic abilities, but also their confidence. Alchemy Tuition connected me with students near my area, set up the first lesson, and made sure I was going to a safe place to teach.
18 August 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! We love having you tutor with us!
I write this during the Coronavirus issues and have been really happy with how Alchemy have supported both tutors and families through this. They have adapted quick and transitioned those that wish to online lessons. Communication has been excellent and I have felt like help is always there if I need.
18 August 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are lucky to have tutors like you!
From the moment that I got a job as a tutor with Alchemy Tuition, I received an overwhelming amount of support from them. First, the flexibility is great and how you get tutoring jobs are so convenient. I love working with my students and having sessions with any of them makes my day. From Alchemy Tuition, I learnt how much support can impact how I work. Whenever I had a tiny issue, they were able to help me. I don't hesitate to ask for help because I know that they will give it their all to give their support to me.
Pros
Flexibility, jobs suited to your location, great support system
low pay. good communication. no opportunity for growth. nothing more than a sub-par job on the side whilst you look for other employment opportunities.
19 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time out to leave this review! We are always trying to make things better for our team so your feedback is really appreciated.Interestingly, I think that what you have criticised here is actually what our tutors often appreciate most - it is an easy, low maintenance job that pays well and allows you to grow and develop your skills. This isn't a full-time job or a graduate program, so I guess you could say there aren't many opportunities for growth from a career perspective - but that neglects all the interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills you will gain that one day may help you get in to that dream career. We are upfront about this - it is a job that will help you get THE job. We know that for most of our tutors working with us it is not a career and that is completely fine - we just want to make sure that when you leave us you are far better off than when you started. I hope you will continue to invest in to your personal growth knowing that each student you work with is making you a better leader for the future.Regarding 'low pay' - I think this is subjective, but I am sorry if you feel this way. Your rate goes up every 10 sessions, so just keep investing into your students. Many of our experienced tutors earn up to $50 an hour, which to me seems like a great rate of pay.Please reach out if you would like to discuss any of this further - Nic, Alchemy
Being a private tutor means you are always coming up with better ways to support your students in their studies, and requires you to stay focused during sessions and extensively prepare outside of them to ensure you not only know the content that requires tuition, but also to continuously devise better ways to communicate concepts or topics until they fully click in your students' head.
I have worked at a number of tutoring centres and organisations and they don't stack up to Alchemy. Outside of the students I am offered, the team are always happy to help and provide guidance and confidence going into sessions. They have been excellent in communication and pay and I get to work with great students who wish to improve and are not forced in academics.
This is my first job out of school and it has been a great experience. The Alchemy team in particular have made the process so easy - I feel well supported and each interaction I have had with them along the way has been great.
Pros
Friendly team, lots of student opportunities, online training and resources
Cons
Alchemy is such a great company to work for. I could ramble on and on about the benefits and joy of working for alchemy but namely, they provide each tutor with immense flexibility to best fit in with their schedules and also provide the best support ever! There are heaps of ways to contact the team, whether it be through the phone, live chat, or email. Whichever you choose, it is certain that someone will be there to respond. In addition, Alchemy has a great dashboard system which can easily accessible on any browser or on the your phone through an app. This makes organisation extremely simple and stress free.
I have taken on 4 students so far this year and it has been so easy. The resource center makes planning lessons simple and the fast turn around on payments is amazing. I definitely recommend working here!
Pros
Lots of student opportunities, easy system, quick payments, friendly team
Cons
This is a great job for me because with Uni and sporting commitments I can still work students into my schedule easily. There is an expectation that you work with 4 students a week which seems fair. I like that I get to choose the students I work with rather than having them forced upon me. Only negative thing I can say about working at Alchemy is that they send me a lot of job offers even though I am maxed out - but this isn't really their problem but mine! I recommend working here!
I am relatively new here at Alchemy but I am absolutely loving it so far. Everything has been so easy all the way from application through to getting started with students. Having everything online makes life just easier and the team is so so nice that whenever I need something I know they are there to help! 5 stars!
I have really enjoyed my time here at Alchemy. At first I was only interested in gaining more students but they have really helped me become a better tutor and make the whole process seamless. I have also enjoyed working with the homeless and beach clean up volunteer opportunities to help people locally but also to meet other tutors. Keep it up
Convenient and worthwhile experience whilst being able to make an impact. Alchemy have a really friendly staff team which make the experience a lot better
Alchemy has done an excellent job supporting its tutors, they have always been free for questions/feedback and actively respond in a thoughtful way. Tutors are also provided with resources and training videos, paired with a streamlined site which greatly aids the tutoring process. Alchemy has my recommendation for any new tutors or students.
Excellent support and mentoring. They have a very supportive work environment. Alchemy has my best interest at heart and they do all they can to ensure I am able to provide a great experience to my students.
  1. Employee Reviews