Alcoa Employee Reviews in Pinjarra WA

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 1,720 reviews
Stable and secure company to work for.
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra WA21 August 2018
Alcoa is a professional Company who prides themselves on presenting their corporate image in a high moral and ethical manner.
Their committment to the environment and the community is unwaivering. Alcoa take care of their people and provide numerous support programmes for all.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Approval process long winded.
Good workplace hard managers
Maintenance Supervisor/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra WA9 December 2016
Work place is busy and interesting
Learned about mineral processing
management local managers are really hard to relate to
Most co workers are excellent
hardest part of the job was constant changing of my position unable to settle into a position as I kept being moved to assist other that where not capable of completing their tasks, putting up with local managers attitudes.
Alcoa is a great place to work.
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pinjarra, WA17 June 2015
Alcoa is a very family orientated place of employment.
Alcoa is recognised as a leader in environment, health and safety within the mining industry and known to deliver best value and highest quality bauxite.
Alcoa value and focus on teamwork, transparency and respect in all of their workforce.
Learning the Bayer Liquor process of mining has been of great value to my career.
Pros
Great team of people to work with.
poor management ,production orientated ,reactive
Supervisor Mechanical Transfield (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra, WA27 August 2014
poor focus on safety very reactive management poor communication between management and contractor
Pros
chalenges
Cons
contract maintenance casual
Excellent Company with strong people values
Digestion Operations Manager, (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra, Western Australia5 February 2014
A great Organisation which provided me with many years of opportunities to grow and develop up to and including overseas opportunities.

Very good Management

A good teamwork environment.
Pros
Very good Organisation with strong people values
Cons
Non I can think of
Alcoa Precipitation Department
Process Controller - Precipitation Department (Former Employee) –  Alcoa Pinjarra Alumina Refinery30 January 2014
I was responsible for the allocation of jobs to be achieved and finished in a timely and safe manner. These jobs varied depending on a day or night shift.
I was also responsible for liaising between work crew and management, ie chemical engineer and area supervisors on a daily basis.
I had a good working relationship with all of my colleagues and have always been very good at working within a team environment.
The hardest part of my job would have been identifying and solving issues that arose from any breakdowns that occurred within the Precipitation Department ie; precipitation tank taking its self out of service due to a build up of solids within the tank
The most enjoyable part of my job would of been knowing that my input into problem solving allowed for the department to run according to department expectations, therefore making our shift run smoothly for all crew involved.
awesome place to work and team!
security officer (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra WA6 March 2013
a typical day would be driving to Pinjarra from Fremantle, signing up at the gate and start the 12 hrs shift as a security officer(team leader), write reports check every gates and sign out after 12 hrs shift. great team to work with, great place to work! loved it!!
Pros
nice location
Cons
long drive to get there
Cleaning locker rooms, showers,toilets, and security office.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Pinjarra, Western Australia31 March 2012
My day consists of keeping the ameities clean.
In the afternoon I clean security.
I have worked with a crew, in a differant section.
Got along great, we all pulled together.
Dont find it hard, I get a satisfaction out of
my work.
Pros
bring my own lunch
Cons
get to meet differant pepolle