Alcoa Employee Review

Excellent learning experience
Apprentice Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Naval Base WA21 May 2017
The work ranged from 8 hour 9 day fortnight in my first three years to 12 hour day/night shift 2/2/6 roster as fourth year. I was given a chance to visit other sites to learn other skills outside the norm for my site, eg, 6 months in Pinjarra to work in repair workshop exclusively, including time on lathes, borers, and mills when required. Great pay, good mates, high safety culture, and wide range of skills learned, from hand tools and machining to in situ repair and laser alignment.

Other Alcoa Employee Reviews

Would work there again
Service Person & Volunteer Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Pinjarra WA15 July 2019
I would work there again. The union looked after everyone and got us great benefits. The roster was awesome and allowed a perfect work life balance!!!
Alcoa is a terrible place to work.
Senior EHS&T Advisor / CSE Leader (Former Employee) –  Kwinana, AU11 December 2018
The company exists in the dark ages and is led by the worst management I have ever experienced. It is a dangerous environment, made worse by an autocratic management culture which allows and supports bullying of workers and contractors alike.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Management and workplace culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcoa. Our community is ready to answer.