Generally they don't employ people that are under 18 or still in school, so having some sales/previous work out of school would be beneficial. They like to see that you can hold down a job and commit, and that you're a team player. Find someone who works at Aldi and have a conversation with them, you never know, they might be willing to refer you which will pretty much guarantee you a spot in a group interview. Keep an eye out for positions online at any store near you, not just the one store you really want, if you get a job at one store they can transfer you to another more preferred one later.
As per lots of retail jobs, and given the pay rate is quite high compared to most retail, they are looking for people with retail experience. My son applied probably 20 times, with experience in warehousing, but could not get through to interview until a manager put in an application for him. He then got a group interview. From that point it was up to him. He has now been working there for a few months.
Honestly I didnt find it difficult at all to get into ALDI. Generally they dont employ people under 18 so having at least 6 months of sales experience, especially in a supermarket is essential.
The reason it's so difficult is because there are only a few members of staff on per shift (4/7 members at a time). My advice is to just keep trying, but you will have a higher advantage if you have previously worked in retail or know someone who works at an Aldi as they can put in an application for you.
- Why do/did you like working at ALDI?24 people answered
- Does ALDI have a staff discount? How much is ALDI’s staff discount?11 people answered
- Do they pay monthly, fortnightly or weekly?10 people answered
- How many hours a week does a retail assistant work a week and how many for stock replenishers10 people answered
- Would the Replenishment Associate job be suitable for a 14-year-old?7 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at ALDI?6 people answered
- If you were to leave ALDI, what would be the reason?5 people answered
- What is the company culture like at ALDI?5 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at ALDI?5 people answered
- If I select for a job .when I start my duty?5 people answered