ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 4,661 reviews
Toxic work environment with unrealistic expectations.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA27 November 2018
Management prefer band aid solutions as opposed to actually fixing issues both within the pillars of management and their training, as well as the awful culture promoted their. Despite many of my fellow co-workers working well past their contract hours and having next to no work-life balance, they were criticized as being lazy and poor workers. This is not a company that cares for people, they only care for results. They expect far too much and give far too little resources and manpower which leaves employees feeling over worked and underappreciated. I did not enjoy going to work, I did not feel obligated to go above and beyond the call of duty. I waited too long to leave.
Pros
Relatively high per hour pay
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough VIC22 November 2018
After working within a close knit team at Woolworths the atmosphere within the store in regards to team members and management made it impossible for me at work safely and happily..
good wages keep you working there, but dont expect to be happy
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Brendale QLD17 November 2018
The wages are good because the job satisfaction is terrible. Many of the people working in the warehouse are miserable, and unless you are a complete "yes man" you can forget a promotion. They sell you a story when you join that your opinion counts because you are working the floor you can spot the issues,, but the truth is they do not want you to bring up any issues because you can do it the way they said and that's it. The team leaders are mostly just as miserable as the workers on the floor, they are given directions by people in the offices wearing suits who have no idea how to talk to the working man nor have a clue what its like out on the floor. If you are brave enough to voice your opinion you just irritate the people above you and will soon find yourself unpopular. Productivity is everything and often comes in front of health and safety.
Pros
good wages
Cons
miserable conditions
Productive and friendly working environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastwood NSW12 November 2018
Working environment is good and people are friendly around. Decent working hours with a good pay rate. Foods are available for the times when we get hungry or tiresome..
Hard working environment, not much room for growth
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC12 November 2018
great if you want to work hard, the days go pretty quickly. You are given a lot of responsibility which is good but on the other hand that sometimes makes it feel like others aren't doing an equal amount of work, including managers.
Not much of a workplace culture. Very early starts and long hours sometimes.
As there is already 3 or 4 managers, there isn't much opportunity to progress from a retail assistant position.
Pros
good pay rate, given responsibiltiy
Cons
early starts, no growth opportunities
A Brilliantly Vibrant Exciting Culture
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxenford Gold Coast Australia7 November 2018
Working for this company was great. Building great customer re poor on a day to day basis, face to face was a great experience. Knowing the customer/s individually and seeing them regularly was very helpful to my Customer Service that i provided. I learnt and improved on Customer Building, Customer Relations and meeting Customer needs. Management was clear and I found that the tasks given to me were helpful and straight forward.The team that I was working with were always communicating, pro active, positive,helpful and happy. Because the position that i was in whilst I was working for this Company and the physicality standard required for this position (Store Assistant) I found very challenging and exciting. The different variety of foods and the international wide range of choice was very exquisitely knowledgeable.
Pros
First Choice of International Stock
Cons
Doing the same task continuously day to day
Systems Driven
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 October 2018
As a contractor they were good to work for.
Focused on their systems and branding to ensure customer service was good.
Not really much more I can say
Poor Company Structure from initial training to Basic Job Requirements depending on Management
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 October 2018
Poor Work Performance after nearly 14yrs of Excellent Work Performance
Worked like Robots, No incentives for good work performance.
"Girls should be able to lift what guys can", Management once informed me!
One Manager started conversations to Staff Members with 1 word Vial language.
Pros
RSA Paid for
Cons
Ridiculous Work Management works on favouritism, Pressure and Time Limits, Pay Cut decrease, No Staff Discount
Good team
Store Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  NSW10 October 2018
I thought that i applied for job but i end getting a job and a family at ALDI. Good team in a good work environment. I learn a lot from the different people i have worked with.
Pros
Flexible roster
Cons
Early starts
fast pasted
Cashier/Store assistant/Deputy (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 October 2018
Willing to do anything for the job.
Time limits are a big part of this job.
For this job to work you need a good team,good if you are a team player.
Good if you are a problem solver as well.
Avoid if you can unless you only care about the money
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW22 September 2018
I’ve worked at ALDI for a few months and instantly I regret working there. The work life balance is non-exsistent, they don’t care about your private life at all, you either work at the crack of dawn (as early as 6:00am) or as late as 11pm, and then they expect you to work another 6-9 hour shift the following day. Sometimes you would spend 5 to 6 hours on the registers, the only positive of that is the fact that it’s a good way to pass the time. They also promised me that you get every second weekend off, but I haven’t had the weekend off since my FIRST WEEK!!! Their time expectations are unrealistic, they expect you to run at least 3 large loads of products in 1 hour, ALL BY YOURSELF!!! The management is tolerable, some managers are a lot nicer than others. The employees are okay, however, some can be rather righteous and up themselves if you don’t know something or do something wrong, so they do make you feel stupid which doesn’t help your self-confidence nor self esteem, you also struggle to fit in with the team, because all they talk about is work and nothing else. The registers are old and out-of-date, they don’t even have a change calculator, so if you end up losing money from your till, the managers instantly put the blame on you. And the last point I want to highlight is the fact that a lot of their procedures and methods are rather pedantic and over-the-top, a lot of them are unnecessary and time-consuming, which is ironic considering they care a lot about time. I could go on and talk about a few more issues but this review would go on forever. On the whole, if ALDI  more... is your only option (like it was for me) then by all means take it for the money but don’t work there for too long, if another offer arises whilst you’re working at ALDI, TAKE IT!!!  less
Pros
Good pay (you definitely earned it!)
Cons
Promises and benefits unfulfilled, long hours, no work-life balance, anti-social and “rude” employees, old methods.
Good working environment
DEPUTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Qld19 September 2018
Work was a fin environment. Lack of advancement options. Need to focus more on the people who can do roles rather than apiece of paper. Larger contracts and pay rates for deputy managers
Pros
Good people
Cons
Promotions
Highly Recommended
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mudgee NSW17 September 2018
Very physically demanding role, however it is also diverse enough that you can have some downtime to rest.
Management in Mudgee are very supportive and know how to help you grow.
Flexible working hours
PICK/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Minchinbury NSW6 September 2018
A great place to work.
Aldi gave me benefits of getting my first aid certificate and forklift license, which was paid for by the company.
People I worked with were a great team, as for management, sometimes was difficult.
Pros
Great hours
Great workplace culture
Store person (Former Employee) –  Manly NSW26 August 2018
Great work life balance. Overtime benefits. Varied shifts and superannuation. Close proximaty home, recreation, restaurants and shopping. Regular public services.
Nice people but always on call
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miranda NSW23 August 2018
the people are lovely and management was always nice and attentive but you always felt like you were on call regardless of rostering or set hours, and there is so much theft that is out of control (customers not employees)
Pros
Manegement
Cons
pressure, job hours
I loved my job at ALDI and only wish they offered a work from home option.
EA TO PROPERTY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC19 July 2018
I loved working at ALDI. I loved my team, the work life balance and the fast pace.

You were impowered by your director every day to take initiative, own and deliver a task and to be proud of the outcome.
Feedback was always constructive.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Red tape
fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladesville NSW17 July 2018
was good job I enjoyed working for them the hours were flexible and the pay was fantastic. great job experience to have and helped me build confidence and learn new skills for futer jobs
Horrible and mentally draining
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 July 2018
I've been with Aldi for two long years and can't wait until my last day. This company does not care about their staff, you are nothing but a number to them. Their time expectations for running load or putting produce and meat out - or every single task in the shop, really - are extremely unrealistic to achieve unless you don't mind having sore shoulders and back and ruining your body. It is pretty much impossible to hit their time targets. And it is stressful to constantly feel as if you are not going fast enough. They don't care about your work life balance, they will put you on night shifts for two months straight, and you won't get your two days off in a row. Or your week will be a mix of 5am starts and 10pm finishes with no regard for your sleep schedule. Aldi believes they own your whole life, they do not allow you to request a certain day off a week for recreational sports etc, and will make you go on a limited roster where you are paid less than other store assistants if you need certain days or times off. You are not offered your legal 15 minute break on a 4 hour shift unless you ask for it, and there is a feeling you get that the company doesn't think a 4 hour shift deserves a break. Managers also suggest to you only taking one of your legally required breaks if the day is running behind (which is often). Working for this company has drained me mentally and physically and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless you are desperate. And even then, please don't stay for years and let Aldi own your life.
.Intense work place environment but physically beneficial and friendly atmosphere/
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain, AU26 June 2018
Great place to work for and a generous pay for a supermarket. Though its a very fast places company to work for and must be highly motivated and be multitasking at all times. Its can be very beneficial being able to keep fit and get to know some of the people regular customers and build close friendships with the other employees. I started here not long after finishing school and was a great company to go into to build up my confidence and communication skills with customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K