Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALDI Employee Reviews

Good working there opportunity for growth when you work hard and well with team good management The wage was okay for casual worker’s and even better if you got a permanent role
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not sure
Great salary and benefits but no room for any thought or creativity in the role. Subservience is valued over thinking for yourself. Be prepared to clean freezers with a toothbrush in your suit and tie and working up to an 18 hour day (in extreme cases). A culture of presenteeism rather than efficiency which is very strange for a German company. If you are quite happy being a work horse, given specific tasks and constantly referring to a book for how to approach every situation without any personality, then this could be for you.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Management culture of presenteeism, vs efficient and effective work practices. Bullying culture in some Area Managers
My experience working in Australia is around four years in Logistics area as a supervisor responsible for training and organizing all employees to work in the logistics and supply chain industry. Started a project and develop an android app, a product destined to management, organize and planning all the work ambient known as "Second Mind" recognizing any information added or modified and automatically update this information to the system.
I worked as a warehouse operator at the Stapylton DC.Pay was great.Most incompetent management I've ever seen in a DC. No organization, poor communication, no traffic management, little enforcement of safety practices and practically no training.I also experienced bullying from management and other staff.If you are new to the workforce, and can keep your head down without voicing any concerns then this is a job for you. The moment you become less than an ideal worker, they look for ways to get rid of you. If you have ever worked in a professional warehouse environment then this place will frustrate you incredibly.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bullying, No training, incompetent management
Don’t even bother applying at this horrible company! No structure at all, bad HR, no work/life balance, expects you to do everything at once while the managers are in the back room on their phones.Your time and effort would be much more appreciated anywhere else but here.
Pros
Cons
No structure, bad management, work like a robot.
The job is not hard to do but it is hard work. Aldi have a great work process that they adhere to. This process works, making the job so much easier and once you know the process everything falls into line and your day is a lot more structured and allows you to carry out your duties without wasting time doing tasks that are not relevant. Be prepared for hard work and a very varied day as you will be required to multitask.
Pros
No two days are the same, so boredom is not an issue
Cons
Depending on how busy it is and the length of your shift it can be hard to get all tasks completed
I stayed as long as i could. What was used to be my playground became so physically demanding for me. I have worked with some great people....some I know will be life-long friends. I cried when i left. Other than my relationship with God, my family, some friends, and my deceased partner...my relationship with Aldis one of the longest.
Pros
Work life balance...good paying job
Cons
Physical intensity of the job
Working at Aldi was NEVER what was described. Management only care about money, not about staff. Equipment is always broken, yet you're expected to perform to peak levels with substandard tools. Time given to pack shelves is equivalent to slave driving. Time given to scan at registers is even worse. Be a robot, don't engage, don't be human. Wprse place I've ever worked.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours, tasks, culture
I quit before my 90 day probationary was finished. The most stressful job I've ever had. Everyone gets annoyed with you if you don't do things flawlessly straight away and store managers think its perfectly acceptable to comment on your fitness. The fleet of 20 yr old managers won't include you in casual convos so you quickly find the newest staff to try and befriend and bounce ideas off. Plot twist. You're not actually allowed to talk to anyone. Including customers.
Pros
pay and short shifts
Cons
Short shifts also... some starting at 5pm.
Complaints about bullying were not taken seriously. A high paying job though and always a new task to take on. Never a boring day at work. Various hours.
Cons
management
The store manager for the store I worked at had bad communication, doesnt train staff, bad attitude, has no people skills and only cares about them self. Management dont train their staff, Area manager doesn't deliver on their promises, training is minimal if any. Treat staff badly, rosters are pathetic. Wouldnt recommend Aldi..
Pros
Salary
Cons
no training, un realistic, treat staff badly, bad communication
Great team culture, hard working, fast paced environment. You need to be physically fit and able to lift boxes, reach high shelves and mentally able to work out your own change on the registers.
Was hired three months before Christmas as a part time permanent and on the next day of Boxing Day was fired. The staff was good but the upper management lacks the human touch.. The good parts was working with the team and the store manager being a true leader.
Overall the company was good, my experience with some of the staff wasn’t so please try. I learned new things, met new people. I will again try to apply for a job with Aldi
Aldi provides flexible working hours and decent pay rate, including Sunday rates! There is a lot to learn and it is very fast paced but once in the swing of things you’ll learn to love it. Great work culture and staff are always given appropriate meal breaks and consideration when assigning jobs. Love the job!
Pros
Pay, hours, work culture, stability
Cons
Unusual hours, busy over Xmas period
its good to work with ALDI. Management is good. Can Manage Work and Personal Life . You will get to learn all things from Managing store to cash handling at Registers.
Working there was fun. I learned a lot from there. Managers were friendly and approachable. Culture is great. Job environment is safe. If i get a chance i will work there again.
Ungrateful, always under staffed, unrealistic expectations, use and abuse you. I cried to the manager once because I wanted proper help to get better and no help wasn't granted.
Was a fast paced environment, with good management, great work colleagues, pay was always on time. Sometimes other colleagues would be fighting or not friendly with eachother.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Early mornings
Aldi Distribution Centre is an excellent place to work and I have learnt many skills from working in a fast paced Distribution Centre. Working hours on my shift were 5am to 11am with a half hour break, however could be longer depending on demand.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Very physical job
Not a great work life balance if you have a family. Never home on time and very repetitive days. Other staff were fantastic but young Store Managers with not much life experience could be difficult to understand staff needs
  1. Employee Reviews