ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Australia454 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Found 454 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,724 reviews

Burn out & cult like, but fun and engaging job

Aldi has burnt me to the ground. Your whole life is expected to be Aldi especially in a a management position. I’m pretty much on call 24/7 and expected to hit sometimes unrealistic expectations with no resources. Trying to run a store with a super high customer count with barely any hours and enough staff to serve on the registers.The job is super fun and engaging though. I can’t find anything that matches the pay, but god do we earn it.

Productive and challenging.

A typical day at work would be discussing my work plan with staff members and what is required to perform my tasks.I learned customers,staff and management enjoy the products and find them relaxing.Workplace culture can be stressful at times but also rewarding.The hardest part of the job would be travelling,working hours as a casual or on a part time or full time basis and workplace temperatures.The most enjoyable part of the job is shopping and sampling some of the products this producers.

Fast paced and fun if you're fit

Some managers micro manage to the point of extreme stress on employees. Others are great. You need to be fit for this job. Work safety could be better.

Pros

Shifts fly by as you're always busy

Cons

Long hours and not many breaks as manager

Solid fast paced retail

- Solid Money- shift work - fast paced - gotta work hard- serving customers - Management sometimes good sometimes bad - culture is ok - stocking shelves

Pros

Life Balance

Cons

Hard work

Not enjoyable.

Too many tasks expected of the Basic Worker. When I started, Management was very unprofessional. I'm sure it is much better now, by the looks of the Staff. They seem Happier.

Not a fun workplace

The managers are rude yell at you and talk very nasty I worked there in several departments and all manager were the same whatever department I went to. In the end I couldn't handle the treatment so I left and won't go back again

Very robotic

Many expectations and targets to meet. May pay well but you definitely work for it. Gets stressful, very hard with newer staff. Bare minimum staff are rostered at any time, notably understaffed on weekends. Little room for career advancement. No staff discounts or benefits either unfortunately. Can be left on registers for lengthy periods often which is highly undesirable. Job gets tiring very easily. High staff turnover rate as it becomes highly repetitive and boring.However, people are great to work with, great flexibility and trading hours. Easy to learn and pick up skills and knowledge.

Pros

Pays decent, staff culture, willingness to help, practical for work life balance

Cons

Tiring, no benefits, high expectations

Not fun

Nit fun work didn't like the job or environment never go back working there, managers are very selfish , not helping you at all not appreciate you at all

Pros

Noting

Ok

Well paid but little recognition, highly autonomous so those who choose to sit at home or do Minimum in store hours could get treated the same regarding advancement as someone who busts their butt all day and comes in whenever they are called.

Pros

Time passes fast due to being busy

Cons

Long hours, always called in days off, every single day

great workplace transporting from DC

brilliant place to work, i finished in 2019 and regret the decision to leave everyday. fast paced but everyone you worked with was great and caring, great mob.

Pros

happy work place, pay, hours

Cons

bad rostering now days

Great work people long hours no set finish time

Long hours no set finish time. Management can be on your back. People you work with are generally nice to be around. Getting permanent is a bit difficuly aswell

Don't do it

Don't waste your time, over worked, under paid for the amount of pressure placed on you, you will be worked to the bone, get no recognition nor any chance of advancement

Human resources really lacking humanity

Interesting job made unbearable by impossible benchmarks and awful management. Don't expect to get all the hours in your contract. Don't expect any compassion from upper management if you're having a hard time. Instead expect to be run into the ground by failing to meet benchmarks, customer abuse and doing 3 times the work of other grocery store employees. Would not recommend to anyone with mental health issues.

Fast paced but simple.

Once you get the hang of everything it's quite simple however it seems you are always being pushed no matter how well you do.The small staff is good because you can always get more hours, however due to this expect to receive a call on pretty much all of your days off.

Pros

Good pay, easy

Cons

Work life balance

Don't injure yourself

It was great until I had a work injury. Then the bullying started. Was told I was lying and putting on an act. You basically have 3 people running a supermarket so very stressful and fast paced.

Productive workplace

5/5The interview process was long yet resourcefulThe workplace environment is good, friendly, helpful.Need to have a good physical speed to get the works done within benchmark time limits.

Pros

Pushes you to be the best version of self

Cons

Speed is a compulsory

They sack you even though you work hard for them.

After working hard for years they harassed me out of my position. I gave them the best years of my life only to be discarded. Pay is good and that keeps you

Good place to work but challenging

Pays well but it's earnt. Work hard and get called in on your days off. Teams are like a family but upper management are not supportive. If you can find the right store it's good but the workloads are expanding with less people to do the work.

Good workplace but always busy, long hours, good pay.

Get in, grab cash till, go to a register (if you are starting out you are generally in priority till, till number 1), then do registers for a long time if on priority, otherwise you do register cleaning/decarding of isles.

Pros

good breaks, good pay

Cons

long hours, staff is generally low so you will be asked to cover shifts, very busy

Fast paced, High Expectations, Reasonable Company

Aldi is a fast paced, high volume company and they pay you for it. They do look for these workers specifically. The direction they seem to be heading to over the next 5 years or so isnt like it used to be. Its probably a sad outlook for long term "average joe". But they have been overall a really good company. What was planned to be a 2 year thing has nearly been a decade so that speaks for their record.

Stay far, far away.

I applied for ALDI simply because I needed a change from my current workplace, I left before the 3 month probation period finished.Everything and everyone is worked down to the absolute minute, so there is a lot of stress and expectation on you. It is fast paced, every day I would be exhausted, both mentally and physically.Having guaranteed hours is nice, and the pay is ok, but its not worth all the stress, anxiety and exhaustion you get.Unless you're desperate for the money, stay away, and find somewhere that actually looks after you and values you.

Pros

Plenty of work...

Cons

…But no work/life balance at all, pay was not worth the stress and exhaustion, never enough staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ALDI