ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 5,359 reviews
Its only as good as you make it, otherwise its just another job.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 May 2019
A typical day, someone calls in sick not good for the team, Learn anything today - No, Management - well that another story (Sucks) Work culture is diverse, but watch your back, Hardest part of the job - is the job, you do everything as well as put up with rude customers, not all. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home, nothing else is good about it.
Pros
Some loyal staff not alot though
Cons
Managers attending your doctors appointments, makes you feel like your not trustworthy.
Aldi
Customer Service/Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD8 May 2019
One of the best places I have worked. The staff were friendly. The pay was great. The job was fast paced and fun, but also serious! Would definitely work for them again
Awsome workplace and team work
Voice Picker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 May 2019
It was awesome working for Aldi distribution center great people, also pay is great, but sometimes it's a bit demanding for the hours but id do it all again if I worked for them again would be an honor to work there not just for that but ALDI looks after there stuff members really well I've recommended a lot of my friends to work there.
Pros
Greate team and company to work for
Cons
Finishes when all products are voice picked witch is after hours on night shift
Overall Great experience
Aldi Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Jandakot WA29 April 2019
A great company to work for, leaders of my section gave great communication to it's employees. Excellent staff who trained me in all aspects of the role
Pros
Good hours, great staff & good learning experience
Cons
-20 degrees in freezer section, tough environment
Stable but hard
DEPUTY MANAGER AND OHS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC12 April 2019
I worked at Aldi for 2 years in two different locations and overall the experience was positive.

The pros:
-The pay wasn't as low as I thought it would be and since I've left I believe there have been significant increases to the wages.
-In my experience there was a good sense of work and life balance among the staff and mangers.
-Good promotional opportunities for the highly motivated.
-I am just speaking from my own experience but by enlarge the managers and area managers were very reasonable people who I enjoyed working with.
-Grocery shopping is a lot easier when you work there.

The cons:
-There is no down time and you are always working with a skeleton crew so the job is high stress, can result in physical injuries if you're not careful and as a result of always being under pressure during opening hours the customer service does suffer.
-No two weeks are the same and the work schedule is all over the place. It's more or less random which two days of the week you will have off and while it happened less and less during my tenure its not uncommon to finish a night shift and be back in the store inside of 10 hours the next morning.
overworked and no respect
Part Time Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW11 April 2019
Awful place to work.
Horribly understaffed and overworked, the place is run on a skeleton crew doing the jobs of ten people with only 4.
Zero respect or work culture, honestly the most unenjoyable job ive ever had, terrible work life balance.
Pros
Cons
over worked and no respect
my time at aldi
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Northern Suburbs NSW9 April 2019
Only worked there for a short period , i enjoyed the work and my fellow workers who would always offer a lending hand to train me. I was answering customer questions, replenishing stock and cleaning.
Pros
the people
work
Deputy (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2019
pays well but not good management. plus many physically challenging work. busy days can be hectic because of the amount of staff provided. pays well however it comes with challenges
Good working conditions
Palletiser (Former Employee) –  Baden-Württemberg27 March 2019
ALDI provides a lot in Germany was really flexible in working times.
nice team, but not the best orgaisation.
i enjoyed the work it was physical hard work but ok if you are fit and yung
productive workplace
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Derrimut VIC26 March 2019
Productive and the job is not too bad as long as you are trained well. The staff are very accommodating and you can approach them when you are in doubt. Very helpful.
Pros
I love the schedule example the time you start and finish. (when you're casual)
Cons
no guarantee if you can be a permanent worker
Could have done something better with my life
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC12 March 2019
Fast paced and required heaps of upper body strength for packing shelves in bulk. Store manager was a pig who would insult you and swear at you in front of customers and stared at you hiding in an aisle off to the side thinking you couldn’t see him. I could have better spent my time doing a more menial job than working for ALDI.
Pros
I got to work at a store location 5 mins from home
Cons
Store manager vile rude pervert
Unrealistic expectations (do not work for this company)
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Australia8 March 2019
Minimal staff resulting in you having to do everything insanely fast there’s no time to catch your breath.

Only had two people for specials nights, customers yelling (why don’t they put more staff on) & getting angry at us because sometimes will have to wait over 5 minutes to be served.

You had to be incredibly fast you will either sink or swim and mamangement don’t care about you.

I couldn’t even take a full break most days because when it was busy I had to go on tills even though I’m eating.

If you do something that’s not up to Aldi standards you will get in trouble. There’s time management sheets to make sure you are within Aldi time frame allocated.

The turn over rate is massive and I don’t blame anyone that leaves. You leave because you had enough of the politics and unfairness you received everyday even though you tried your hardest.

I can’t reconmend working at Aldi unless you want to sacrifice your livelihood, mental and physical health.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Great way to move up in the world
TRAINEE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Benalla VIC2 March 2019
I found that Aldi are a great company to work for who offer advancements to competent applicants/staff to benefit not only the company but the employee
Pros
great wages
Horrible
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2019
Horrible. Spent 3 years and never promoted from within always got people from outside. Constant work on weekends 8-9 hour shifts meaning you have little time for friends/family/partners.
working there was good
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC25 February 2019
aldi is a good retailer to work for. stable position. good work environment most important the skills you learn to run and maintain a super market are given to all store assistants.
productive work area always busy. never a dull moment. i was always excited to turn up to work.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD19 February 2019
great team to work with
always happy to see each other and always lend a hand if needed or asked.
welcome customers everyday by saying hi and good morning
Pros
great pay, friendly
Cons
strict procedures.
Heavy physically demanding job with unrealistic expectations
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW17 February 2019
They pay you more as they don't pay for another 5 employees. So you have to do five times more to earn little extra. If you have no other option then take it or find something else.
Pros
Little high salary
Cons
Nothing else
Great company and workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland13 February 2019
It's fast paced work, and a lot to learn, but they don't push you into the deep end. They train well, pay you well, and treat you well. They offer higher positions, corporate health care benefits (bupa), counselling services, financial crisis help, and probably more I havent heard of.
Pros
Excellent pay, great training, work isnt ridiculously hard, treated well
Cons
Rotating roster
Hard work, but rewarding pay
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW10 February 2019
It's a good job - can be physically demanding. Very good training. Sometimes management is a little too young. Doesn't hire many older people. More male employees. Task orientated. Time limits on everything. Competitive. Many employees are asked to work even if they are sick, which results in them getting more sick. Managers can be uncommunicative. High pressure and demanding. Not very flexible with families - reluctant to let you leave on the job in an emergency.
Pros
Good pay, well looked after, challenging
Cons
Hard physical work, little or no sick cover, not very flexible with families
Busy and productive work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NSW31 January 2019
Aldi is overall an extremely hands on role, for all positions working there.
An average day would see me getting in around 5am and start to replenish the floor. Through the day I would be ordering stock, serving on the registers, building displays, receiving delivers, admin work etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K