ALDI Employee Reviews in Gold Coast QLD

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 5,535 reviews
A Brilliantly Vibrant Exciting Culture
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxenford Gold Coast Australia7 November 2018
Working for this company was great. Building great customer re poor on a day to day basis, face to face was a great experience. Knowing the customer/s individually and seeing them regularly was very helpful to my Customer Service that i provided. I learnt and improved on Customer Building, Customer Relations and meeting Customer needs. Management was clear and I found that the tasks given to me were helpful and straight forward.The team that I was working with were always communicating, pro active, positive,helpful and happy. Because the position that i was in whilst I was working for this Company and the physicality standard required for this position (Store Assistant) I found very challenging and exciting. The different variety of foods and the international wide range of choice was very exquisitely knowledgeable.
Pros
First Choice of International Stock
Cons
Doing the same task continuously day to day
Horrible and mentally draining
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 July 2018
I've been with Aldi for two long years and can't wait until my last day. This company does not care about their staff, you are nothing but a number to them. Their time expectations for running load or putting produce and meat out - or every single task in the shop, really - are extremely unrealistic to achieve unless you don't mind having sore shoulders and back and ruining your body. It is pretty much impossible to hit their time targets. And it is stressful to constantly feel as if you are not going fast enough. They don't care about your work life balance, they will put you on night shifts for two months straight, and you won't get your two days off in a row. Or your week will be a mix of 5am starts and 10pm finishes with no regard for your sleep schedule. Aldi believes they own your whole life, they do not allow you to request a certain day off a week for recreational sports etc, and will make you go on a limited roster where you are paid less than other store assistants if you need certain days or times off. You are not offered your legal 15 minute break on a 4 hour shift unless you ask for it, and there is a feeling you get that the company doesn't think a 4 hour shift deserves a break. Managers also suggest to you only taking one of your legally required breaks if the day is running behind (which is often). Working for this company has drained me mentally and physically and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless you are desperate. And even then, please don't stay for years and let Aldi own your life.