ALDI

ALDI

ALDI Employee Review

Stressful

Very stressful place to work. Shifts can start at 6 am and very often they give you very short shifts, sometimes only 4 hours so you have to wake up before 5 and travel just to do this short shift.

Same role

Not supportive and uses you

I worked at aldi for about 4 months and I was told that They don’t need me anymore because I don’t meet the probation standards, I was good at the register but I was slower at running load because they never got me to do it, I was always sitting at the register I only did the load running like 7 times in 4 months and they expected me to perfect it. I hurt my back/hip at work and they did not consider that and still expected me to perform my best even though it was ongoing pain. They use employees for 3 months and fire them at the end of probation period and hire new ones when they need to and that’s why aldi is always short staffed with 3 people running the store, they pay you 2 dollars more than other stores and make you work to the bone for it.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Not supportive, expect to much
Same role

Fast paced & demanding

While I was employed here, from the gecko you were pressured into knowing everything in store & what to do. Now if you slip up example being not fast enough, watch out. I had a very demanding DSM who would push me til I nearly collapsed of exhaustion, & this is normal to them.I was constantly pushed, wasn't allowed to talk to customers. Constantly put down.You will not have a family balanced life.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Same roleSame location

Full paced work place

Great work place, Aldi keeps you on your feet at all time making sure everything is perfect inside the store. The co-workers that I worked with personally were some of the best people i have every met before, they were always there to help you when you needed it. The worst part of my job was being looked down upon, yes i had just started a new job but when i did my job i did it to the best it could be done. But once i had finished it someone would always go back and do it again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ALDI with