ALDI

ALDI

ALDI Employee Review

Higher pay than other retailer but too stressful

The pay is good for retail assistant but they expect a lot from the worker with bench mark requirements. Workplace injury is common when I work there.

Same role

Not supportive and uses you

I worked at aldi for about 4 months and I was told that They don’t need me anymore because I don’t meet the probation standards, I was good at the register but I was slower at running load because they never got me to do it, I was always sitting at the register I only did the load running like 7 times in 4 months and they expected me to perfect it. I hurt my back/hip at work and they did not consider that and still expected me to perform my best even though it was ongoing pain. They use employees for 3 months and fire them at the end of probation period and hire new ones when they need to and that’s why aldi is always short staffed with 3 people running the store, they pay you 2 dollars more than other stores and make you work to the bone for it.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Not supportive, expect to much
Same role

Fast paced & demanding

While I was employed here, from the gecko you were pressured into knowing everything in store & what to do. Now if you slip up example being not fast enough, watch out. I had a very demanding DSM who would push me til I nearly collapsed of exhaustion, & this is normal to them.I was constantly pushed, wasn't allowed to talk to customers. Constantly put down.You will not have a family balanced life.

Pros

Co workers

Same location

Productive,efficient,high quality products,provides autonomous working environment,great support and encouragement from senior management

Great company to work for,provides safe workplace for employees and customers,flexibility and reasonable work life balance,focus has shifted from inadequate store product quality and store cleanliness standards, to award winning quality of products.

Pros

Culture, salary, support, efficient

Cons

Long hours 55+ a week poor career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ALDI with

• ALDI
  • Higher pay than other retailer but too stressful