ALDI Employee Review

Stable but hard
DEPUTY MANAGER AND OHS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC12 April 2019
I worked at Aldi for 2 years in two different locations and overall the experience was positive.

The pros:
-The pay wasn't as low as I thought it would be and since I've left I believe there have been significant increases to the wages.
-In my experience there was a good sense of work and life balance among the staff and mangers.
-Good promotional opportunities for the highly motivated.
-I am just speaking from my own experience but by enlarge the managers and area managers were very reasonable people who I enjoyed working with.
-Grocery shopping is a lot easier when you work there.

The cons:
-There is no down time and you are always working with a skeleton crew so the job is high stress, can result in physical injuries if you're not careful and as a result of always being under pressure during opening hours the customer service does suffer.
-No two weeks are the same and the work schedule is all over the place. It's more or less random which two days of the week you will have off and while it happened less and less during my tenure its not uncommon to finish a night shift and be back in the store inside of 10 hours the next morning.

Other ALDI Employee Reviews

Productive,efficient,high quality products,provides autonomous working environment,great support and encouragement from senior management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW16 May 2019
Great company to work for,provides safe workplace for employees and customers,flexibility and reasonable work life balance,focus has shifted from inadequate store product quality and store cleanliness standards, to award winning quality of products.
Pros
Culture, salary, support, efficient
Cons
Long hours 55+ a week poor career advancement
Its only as good as you make it, otherwise its just another job.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 May 2019
A typical day, someone calls in sick not good for the team, Learn anything today - No, Management - well that another story (Sucks) Work culture is diverse, but watch your back, Hardest part of the job - is the job, you do everything as well as put up with rude customers, not all. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home, nothing else is good about it.
Pros
Some loyal staff not alot though
Cons
Managers attending your doctors appointments, makes you feel like your not trustworthy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K