ALDI

ALDI

ALDI Employee Review

Unpaid Labour Lol 🚩

Besties this is an official warning that the Kenmore Aldi require staff to arrive ten minutes before their shift - unpaid - and will heavily penalise you if you don’t, even though it is not a “mandatory” practice according to upper management.

Pros

Some staff are ok.

Cons

“Big Steve-o”.

Same role

Not supportive and uses you

I worked at aldi for about 4 months and I was told that They don’t need me anymore because I don’t meet the probation standards, I was good at the register but I was slower at running load because they never got me to do it, I was always sitting at the register I only did the load running like 7 times in 4 months and they expected me to perfect it. I hurt my back/hip at work and they did not consider that and still expected me to perform my best even though it was ongoing pain. They use employees for 3 months and fire them at the end of probation period and hire new ones when they need to and that’s why aldi is always short staffed with 3 people running the store, they pay you 2 dollars more than other stores and make you work to the bone for it.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Not supportive, expect to much

Fast paced & demanding

While I was employed here, from the gecko you were pressured into knowing everything in store & what to do. Now if you slip up example being not fast enough, watch out. I had a very demanding DSM who would push me til I nearly collapsed of exhaustion, & this is normal to them.I was constantly pushed, wasn't allowed to talk to customers. Constantly put down.You will not have a family balanced life.

Pros

Co workers

Same role

Excellent pay. Good overall company culture, but individual experience largely depends on manager/people you work with.

The expectations can be quite high, and it is best that you are physically fit, strong and happy to work fast. The company does a good job of compensating and training employees appropriately. Very well organised business on the people side.I always felt supported by the company in my customer interactions. Obviously, being polite and helpful to customers is expected, but efficiency (to benefit all customers) can sometimes take precedence over individual customer service. I personally prefer this type of work environment as although I am friendly, I am not a massive people person. My experience involved working in two different stores (each for a couple of years) at different times. My first experience was often poor due to dynamics with my coworkers and managers. My second experience was excellent for the same reason. I think this is the same for any workplace. Aldi does seem to have good supports in place for staff to escalate issues and report unfair treatment, however I was young when I started and unaware of the degree of my mistreatment, so I did not seek support. This issue is a reflection of the individuals I worked with, and not the business. If you do begin working with Aldi and dislike it, consider changing stores and/or areas.

Pros

Good pay for type of work, part-time guaranteed hours, penalty rates, I enjoyed fast-paced work

Cons

High expectations of speed, potential for injury and physical/mental burnout, experience may depend on your relationships with managers and coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ALDI with