ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 5,384 reviews
never work there
Part time position as a Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosebud VIC18 January 2019
worst place to work possible. they do not care about you or your well being. the money may be an incentive but they run you into the ground for it.
Would never recommend anyone i know to work at aldi. They are greedy and unsupportive and a horrendous work environment especially if you injury yourself at work. Complete nightmare.
Fast paced active work environment with opportunities for progress
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaconsfield VIC13 January 2019
Working at ALDI can be very challenging, however for those who enjoy fast-pased work it is ideal. There are opportunities to grow and progress while staying physically active at all times. Management are always willing to help you learn new skills as long as you are self-motivated.

The work can be very physically taxing and the hours are quite long but it is a good experience
Pros
Active work environemnt, opportunities for progress
Cons
long hours, physically taxing, progress is slow
no work life balance
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hastings6 January 2019
Aldi pay really well but have no work life balance.
If you have a family or dont want to have your job rule your life dont work for Aldi because they want your No.1 priority to be your job, also dont bring home life to work because they dont like it
Pros
Pay
Cons
no work life balance
Fast paced Retail
Store All-Rounder (Current Employee) –  NSW3 January 2019
Multitasking is a major attribute one learns working at ALDI. Equally rewarding if one is good at their work. There isnt a typical day working in retail, every day poses a new challenge to be dealt with. On a store assitant level one has to mainly deal with customers, but ones you start climbing up the heirarchy ie. deputy roles or assistant manager, you have to be mentally switched to juggle lot of things together. Apart from stock takes, the role would also demand you to maintain KPIs, train the staff, increase productivity.
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Physically draining
Fast paced warehouse
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Derrimut VIC12 December 2018
The work as enjoyable and the other workers were good but management was not. They fired you if you did not suck up to them even if you were good at your job.
work environment excellent
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton5 December 2018
I've been working for Aldi for one year and was the best experience I've never had I truly recommend this company. We were like a family with all my colleagues. I learned how to work in a big team.
Toxic work environment with unrealistic expectations.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA27 November 2018
Management prefer band aid solutions as opposed to actually fixing issues both within the pillars of management and their training, as well as the awful culture promoted their. Despite many of my fellow co-workers working well past their contract hours and having next to no work-life balance, they were criticized as being lazy and poor workers. This is not a company that cares for people, they only care for results. They expect far too much and give far too little resources and manpower which leaves employees feeling over worked and underappreciated. I did not enjoy going to work, I did not feel obligated to go above and beyond the call of duty. I waited too long to leave.
Pros
Relatively high per hour pay
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryborough VIC22 November 2018
After working within a close knit team at Woolworths the atmosphere within the store in regards to team members and management made it impossible for me at work safely and happily..
good wages keep you working there, but dont expect to be happy
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Brendale QLD17 November 2018
The wages are good because the job satisfaction is terrible. Many of the people working in the warehouse are miserable, and unless you are a complete "yes man" you can forget a promotion. They sell you a story when you join that your opinion counts because you are working the floor you can spot the issues,, but the truth is they do not want you to bring up any issues because you can do it the way they said and that's it. The team leaders are mostly just as miserable as the workers on the floor, they are given directions by people in the offices wearing suits who have no idea how to talk to the working man nor have a clue what its like out on the floor. If you are brave enough to voice your opinion you just irritate the people above you and will soon find yourself unpopular. Productivity is everything and often comes in front of health and safety.
Pros
good wages
Cons
miserable conditions
Productive and friendly working environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Eastwood NSW12 November 2018
Working environment is good and people are friendly around. Decent working hours with a good pay rate. Foods are available for the times when we get hungry or tiresome..
Hard working environment, not much room for growth
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC12 November 2018
great if you want to work hard, the days go pretty quickly. You are given a lot of responsibility which is good but on the other hand that sometimes makes it feel like others aren't doing an equal amount of work, including managers.
Not much of a workplace culture. Very early starts and long hours sometimes.
As there is already 3 or 4 managers, there isn't much opportunity to progress from a retail assistant position.
Pros
good pay rate, given responsibiltiy
Cons
early starts, no growth opportunities
A Brilliantly Vibrant Exciting Culture
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxenford Gold Coast Australia7 November 2018
Working for this company was great. Building great customer re poor on a day to day basis, face to face was a great experience. Knowing the customer/s individually and seeing them regularly was very helpful to my Customer Service that i provided. I learnt and improved on Customer Building, Customer Relations and meeting Customer needs. Management was clear and I found that the tasks given to me were helpful and straight forward.The team that I was working with were always communicating, pro active, positive,helpful and happy. Because the position that i was in whilst I was working for this Company and the physicality standard required for this position (Store Assistant) I found very challenging and exciting. The different variety of foods and the international wide range of choice was very exquisitely knowledgeable.
Pros
First Choice of International Stock
Cons
Doing the same task continuously day to day
Systems Driven
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 October 2018
As a contractor they were good to work for.
Focused on their systems and branding to ensure customer service was good.
Not really much more I can say
Poor Company Structure from initial training to Basic Job Requirements depending on Management
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 October 2018
Poor Work Performance after nearly 14yrs of Excellent Work Performance
Worked like Robots, No incentives for good work performance.
"Girls should be able to lift what guys can", Management once informed me!
One Manager started conversations to Staff Members with 1 word Vial language.
Pros
RSA Paid for
Cons
Ridiculous Work Management works on favouritism, Pressure and Time Limits, Pay Cut decrease, No Staff Discount
Good team
Store Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  NSW10 October 2018
I thought that i applied for job but i end getting a job and a family at ALDI. Good team in a good work environment. I learn a lot from the different people i have worked with.
Pros
Flexible roster
Cons
Early starts
Avoid if you can unless you only care about the money
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW22 September 2018
I’ve worked at ALDI for a few months and instantly I regret working there. The work life balance is non-exsistent, they don’t care about your private life at all, you either work at the crack of dawn (as early as 6:00am) or as late as 11pm, and then they expect you to work another 6-9 hour shift the following day. Sometimes you would spend 5 to 6 hours on the registers, the only positive of that is the fact that it’s a good way to pass the time. They also promised me that you get every second weekend off, but I haven’t had the weekend off since my FIRST WEEK!!! Their time expectations are unrealistic, they expect you to run at least 3 large loads of products in 1 hour, ALL BY YOURSELF!!! The management is tolerable, some managers are a lot nicer than others. The employees are okay, however, some can be rather righteous and up themselves if you don’t know something or do something wrong, so they do make you feel stupid which doesn’t help your self-confidence nor self esteem, you also struggle to fit in with the team, because all they talk about is work and nothing else. The registers are old and out-of-date, they don’t even have a change calculator, so if you end up losing money from your till, the managers instantly put the blame on you. And the last point I want to highlight is the fact that a lot of their procedures and methods are rather pedantic and over-the-top, a lot of them are unnecessary and time-consuming, which is ironic considering they care a lot about time. I could go on and talk about a few more issues but this review would go on forever. On the whole, if ALDI  more... is your only option (like it was for me) then by all means take it for the money but don’t work there for too long, if another offer arises whilst you’re working at ALDI, TAKE IT!!!  less
Pros
Good pay (you definitely earned it!)
Cons
Promises and benefits unfulfilled, long hours, no work-life balance, anti-social and “rude” employees, old methods.
Good working environment
DEPUTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Qld19 September 2018
Work was a fin environment. Lack of advancement options. Need to focus more on the people who can do roles rather than apiece of paper. Larger contracts and pay rates for deputy managers
Pros
Good people
Cons
Promotions
Highly Recommended
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mudgee NSW17 September 2018
Very physically demanding role, however it is also diverse enough that you can have some downtime to rest.
Management in Mudgee are very supportive and know how to help you grow.
the place full of job satisfaction
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanhope Gardens NSW9 September 2018
I love to work in ALDI, It is really a good experience of multi-task in a retail business. ALDI is a place to enjoy workloads, deadly time-lines with good management.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
time-lines
Flexible working hours
PICK/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Minchinbury NSW6 September 2018
A great place to work.
Aldi gave me benefits of getting my first aid certificate and forklift license, which was paid for by the company.
People I worked with were a great team, as for management, sometimes was difficult.
Pros
Great hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K