ALH Group Employee Reviews

Professional and fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD2 January 2018
A fast paced environment, the job is rewarding at all levels and ongoing training and support is provided. The customers are the most important focus with our company and projecting the highest standards ensure return visits.
Pros
Management meals included in package, bonuses given if targets reached
Cons
Lazy management and extremely poor administrative system
Bar staff (Former Employee) –  Victoria28 December 2017
The attitude of management quickly changed after I left my job. They and the ALH administration were extremely rude and unhelpful in providing necessary paperwork. Multiple requests were either palmed off or completely ignored and unresolved.
my time at the hotel
Bar and Gaming attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 November 2017
My time at the hotel started very good great hours good pay, then we changed managers, my new manager was not a nice lady very rude to staff infront of customers. as I knew my rights I pulled her up on this and explained I did not appreciate her disrespecting me in front of customers. This did not sit well with her and I went from 30+ a week to only 12 hours, I stuck it out at the hotel as I did like working there for a further 10months, until I went into aged care. it was more satisfying for me.
Pros
afternoon shifts
Cons
not enough hours
Great Company to work for
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nerang QLD5 September 2017
I teally enjoyed working for this company. It was the first Job i walked into after being a Stay at home mum for 5 years.

Fun workplace
Head chef (Current Employee) –  Perth Australia25 August 2017
Great employers, good pay rate.work life balance. Consulting management. Team effort. The company has worked in hospitality for years and have good experience in this field
Worst management ever !!
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW2 July 2017
Staff get treated so badly ! Unfairness is very common in workplace, managers have their favorites and if your not one of them watch out ! Unhealthy work/home balance and they don't care, mangers come in make a mess and leave it expecting you to clean it up daily!!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, unfairness, and no respect
Good environment to work
Venue Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Ballina NSW23 May 2017
Fabulous team of workers.
Love my hours
The Office could be a bit bigger.
Everyone pitches in when required.
Love helping out in the Bistro at lunch time and hearing the good reviews fromt the customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Challenging

Function work
Ordering
no direction
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 February 2017
worrked sometimes 60 hrs a week with no help from management learned not to work for them again,workplace culture very drepressing with no one happy to come to work,no hard parts about job happiest leaving
Pros
Cons
mangers with no idea
Intertaining
TAB operator (Current Employee) –  Westmeadows VIC22 February 2017
Hospitality is Hospitality, it has it pro's and Con's.
The amount of different characters you meet along the way is very interesting & intertaining but unfortunately you do not have a social life as your shifts are all over the place plus weekends are a must because thats where the money is.
Fun and easy work.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Wheelers Hill VIC28 January 2017
It's great to walk into a workplace and feel like you are there with your friends who can help you get through your shifts.
Pros
good pay
fun to work
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 January 2017
its fun donig a work. it help to make more experience and make busy through out the day. i have learned much more experience than before in the field of kitchen hand.
Bad management
TAB Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 November 2016
Initially was a fantastic place to work until my manager was transferred to the Glengala hotel and quickly replaced by somebody who had no regard for anybody other than herself.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Worse management
Company doesnot looks much after staff.Management is very poor.
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 October 2016
Very hard for the salary staff to balance the life with the roster and salary range the company provides. Management is very poor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours for salary staff, donot pay overtime hours.
e
BARTENDER / GAMING ATTENDANT / WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Brisbane13 September 2016
The company constantly changed managers, however generally were able to adapt. The general floor staff were usually more hospitable than the managers and were more liked by customers
too high expectations
Venue Manager (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD4 September 2016
long hours not suited to family life, minimal operational support, Woolworths input made it difficult to run a hotel as a hotel felt more like a constant "compliance" job minimal availability for front of house hours and being a venue manager of a hotel
Cons
Long Hours expected
ALH are only interested in the bottom line employee don't count
Venue Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 August 2016
The hours are good and the people are great to work with but the company is not interested in their employee and they do not respect their staff.
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW17 June 2016
My role as a bar attendant involves a heavy customer service position that allows me to interact with a variety of different people. I deal with many situations from problem solving to complaints handling. I work well within a team environment as well as individually. I enjoy the variety of people I am able to meet and the fast paced nature of the job.
Productive, Enjoyable and Communal Workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Redland Bay QLD18 April 2016
The Redland Bay Hotel - ALH

It was fantastic to be employed with ALH, they had ongoing training throughout my time there, friendly and loyal staff, great functions, promotions and easy going members.
Pros
Various jobs, great functions.
Cons
Not many day shifts received.
Great place, friendly staff, great service
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dunsborough7 April 2016
Get to work 10 minutes before every shift. Check the roster for what job you have been assigned. Clock in and say hello to management and staff to make sure they know you are here, and then go about your business. Only hard part about the job is when there is "difficult" customers. But the co-workers are what makes the experience enjoyable personally. Management are normally easy going when they are not stressed, and can normally always assist you with any enquirers, and being new to the team I had many. Overall a good venue to start working with. It has got me a foothold in the industry in which I plan to take my experience further.