ALH Group Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Sous Chef/Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD26 June 2019
This is a great company with many opportunities for staff to learn while on the job.
There is a loyalty card for all staff giving them discounted goods and services at many stores accross Australia.
If you are moving there is an in house situations vacant web site which may enable staff to transfer to a site closer to home.
Pros
Free Management meals
Cons
Split shift long hours
Fun work place
Chef dePartie (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 May 2019
I enjoyed working with people, it was a very comfortable place to work in. I was able to make jokes and no one would get offended, I was able to control a kitchen with no hesitation
Pros
The co workers
Cons
The rules
Nice place to work
Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 March 2019
always enjoyed going into work. i only worked there to help out and because my father worked there. nice stuff and they are all really friendly to me.
Good People, Not So Great Management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ferny Grove QLD3 March 2019
Absolutely hated my time with ALH. Important & simple office paperwork regarding payroll issues took months to resolve, rosters were regularly given out late or changed with no notice. Training was poor, but I was lucky enough to have a small handful of team members who were great to work with, however some management staff needed far more training in their position.
Pros
Woolworths Discount Card (food, fuel, Big W, Bws)
Cons
Poor Managment Skills, Lack of Open Communication between Management & Staff
Housekeeper - Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Narrabeen NSW2 January 2019
Nice people with a good manager to work with.
I have learned how to work with different people in the team, and also with different people as guests.
Sometimes hard due to the high demand of the hotel.
Not the worst company I've worked for
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 December 2018
A very relaxed company to work for, though sometimes too relaxed. Many venues within the company made it easy to transfer around and experience all different cultures.
Pros
Relaxed environment, miltiple venues to work at
Cons
Always the risk of transferring, lack of communication
training needs lots of work.
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 November 2018
As I with this company started as a commi chef, I then worked my way to a head chef position. I worked in a number of different properties on the Northern side of Brisbane.
I was given very little training to as ahead chef. I had to do a lot of new jobs, just had to make it all work. I feel more training would have been great, I more than likely still be with this company.

I also don't believe in staff heavily drink with the customers when they are not working.( so much that any other person would have been cut off) Not For the manager of the Hotel, How do you explain this the other customers!!!
Pros
1 free meal a shift (14 hour shifts)
Cons
long hours on own ( average hours 10 am till 11pm)
Should of been burried with Masters
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 October 2018
A qualified chef got paid as a cook. Then was told not to speak up about it. Sexually harassed and bullied. ALH is one of the most toxic companies out there. They will lie, exploit and bully you so the VM can get their bonus. Nothing actually gets cooked there either, it all comes pre cooked and the chefs just re heat it.
Pros
Cons
Being employed there
Large company
Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 September 2018
Work hard and get promoted. Long hours though. Don't get much recognition, mostly the venue manager. People do get promoted that don't deserve it so can be hard to work for or with managers that are lazy.
Pros
Discount card, ability to move up in business.
Cons
Long hours for managers, no hours for casuals.
Was ok most of the time
gaming supervisor -night (Former Employee) –  Laverton WA23 September 2018
Lot of politics in a larger company though.
Did night gamin* shifts for 10 yrs most customers happy with myself, and most staff also. Knew procedures well enough to work al9ne
Great enviroment
Gaming Attendant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW13 August 2018
great small venue, very local recognised, staff wee very friendly and vey close to public transport. working hours for a venue were very early however rewarding
ok to good place to work
Gaming Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ringwood VIC23 May 2018
At AM i would complete orders ,arrange transport, loading and unloading of trucks and containers then complete all required paperwork
in the chemical plant i would mix formulas in large vats then dispense into the appropriate packaging
Pros
good people
Cons
bad management
productive career time
head chef (Former Employee) –  St Kilda East VIC5 January 2018
i work with ALH GROUP around 7 years 10 month,
as I learn many things in my life, get work in a fast working environment, get management skill, stock controller, handling supplies. coupa ordering system.
Pros
lean many skills
Cons
long working hours
Professional and fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD2 January 2018
A fast paced environment, the job is rewarding at all levels and ongoing training and support is provided. The customers are the most important focus with our company and projecting the highest standards ensure return visits.
Pros
Management meals included in package, bonuses given if targets reached
Cons
Lazy management and extremely poor administrative system
Bar staff (Former Employee) –  Victoria28 December 2017
The attitude of management quickly changed after I left my job. They and the ALH administration were extremely rude and unhelpful in providing necessary paperwork. Multiple requests were either palmed off or completely ignored and unresolved.
my time at the hotel
Bar and Gaming attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 November 2017
My time at the hotel started very good great hours good pay, then we changed managers, my new manager was not a nice lady very rude to staff infront of customers. as I knew my rights I pulled her up on this and explained I did not appreciate her disrespecting me in front of customers. This did not sit well with her and I went from 30+ a week to only 12 hours, I stuck it out at the hotel as I did like working there for a further 10months, until I went into aged care. it was more satisfying for me.
Pros
afternoon shifts
Cons
not enough hours
Great Company to work for
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nerang QLD5 September 2017
I teally enjoyed working for this company. It was the first Job i walked into after being a Stay at home mum for 5 years.

Fun workplace
Head chef (Current Employee) –  Perth Australia25 August 2017
Great employers, good pay rate.work life balance. Consulting management. Team effort. The company has worked in hospitality for years and have good experience in this field
Good Workplace
Admin Officer / Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  St Clair NSW1 August 2017
Working with ALH I have learnt so much. From starting out on. the bar pouring beers to learning the gaming, do management and my latest Administration.
Pros
Room for growth
Deteriorating working conditions
Venue Support Officer (Former Employee) –  North Coast NSW23 July 2017
This was a wonderful family company, but, over the last 3 years these values have totally been lost. Management is expected to work too many hours to be actually effective in the long run. Training and support has deteriorated adding to their stresses. Casual staff are limited causing customer service to generally be poor, with unhappy staff.
Pros
Salary is generally OK
Cons
Short staffing limits customer service and satisfaction