Alice Springs Hospital

10: Alice Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews

4.5Work–Life Balance

Its was okay

Good workplace . Friendly people and trust worthy.. I learn so learn stuff about medical stuff and how to be a responsible human being i like working there is just too stressful .

Pros

Cons

Long walking hours

Short staffed, heaps of double and overtime shifts. Money to be made if you want extra shifts. Good education opportunities. Lots of scabies, lice and worms.

Pros

Extra shifts and money if wanted.

Cons

High work load.

A hospital with lot of potential and a city good for Families

Small community and make friends easily at workplace and even in town.A lot to learn here about indigenous health issues and culture. Hardest part is that this place is isolated and its very difficult to go out for cofrences because of expensive flight fares.

productive and fun work place

Time flies at work, I challenge myself and take risks,ability to cope with failures and learn from mistakes and co workers where like friends. Flexibility and understanding

Fantastic place to work. So many different cultures.

A town like Alice, such a wonderful place to live. I have been living and working in the Alice for 14 years now. Such onderful job oppertunities are here, but now its time to go live the dream now, and explore new surroundings.

Pros

Fantastic surrounding sites to see

Cons

Cant think of many cons.

Excellent place to work in

Its a great place to work in and definitely great exposure on how the Hospital environment works,give your a great understanding of how support and caring staff in murdering and doctor profession strive to do their best on a fail basis

Pros

More training, course

Cons

More support for staff

Productive, fun and always something different

Worked there for a year enjoyed it but didn't get told I had to reapply for my job so I missed out on staying in my job. Shortly after I had my first child

great office environment

this job is great you are a property manager for all the staff at Alice springs hospital and you work with the real estates and NT housing

Supportive management, quality health care provider, great team on Medical West to work with - awesome boss.

A typical day at work involves caring for medically ill patients and those in palliative care. This work is demanding both physically and mentally but with a great team and opportunities for education on a daily basis most rewarding. The patients and their families are central to health care provided. I find my love and passion in caring for those especially in palliative care. This is spiritually rewarding and feeds my soul and life purpose. My co-workers are exceptional people who 'care' about the people they nurse. The hardest part of the job is seeing people in pain and suffer. The best part of the job is relieving their pain and suffering and if death be the eventual outcome my part in their departure being as pain free as possible and leaving this earth plane with the knowledge they are loved and in dignity.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Working double shifts

I got good oportunity to learn mental illness clients

Reporting issues relating to client safety and implementing activities in response to identified ‘risks’ and report to Service Manager or Team Leader. Responding to the clients’ emotional, spiritual and cultural needs Reporting observations of indicators of emotional or psychological distress Recording health care activities as per the client’s health care plan Deliver direct care to the clients in accordance with Disability Services Policies and local policies, and participate in self-directed and/or other staff development opportunities to develop and enhance appropriate skills Work in a manner that is respectful of the personal dignity and the human and legal rights of clients Manage private and confidential client information in accordance with Disability Services Policies. Assist with the implementation of the client’s lifestyle plan, communication plan, behaviour intervention and support plan, and community access plan Implementing the client routines Assisting the client in informal skill development programs Developing own communication skills specific to the client needs Assisting in client behaviour management in accordance with their Behaviour Intervention plan Takes appropriate action when standard of care-giving by any member of the care team is observed to be at less than acceptable standard. Help service users meet their personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, and preparing meals and drinks. Enable service users to achieve independence -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alice Springs Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Alice Springs Hospital with

Alice Springs Hospital Reviews by Location

Learn about Alice Springs Hospital in popular locations

• Alice Springs Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?