Alinta Energy Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
SALES AND PROMOTION (Former Employee) –  Southbank VIC22 February 2019
Productive and fun working environment challenging ourselves to new heights of engaging customers- Building rapport to secure contracts and trust. This position built character as individuals as well as in a team.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Long hours on and off the field without good pay
Disappointed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD9 February 2019
I work for alinta energy for 3 weeks the only thing I liked about it was the people I worked with in field, management based in Sydney were rude. Money was not good for the hours we worked and they had high expectations with about 3 hrs of training, I don't recommend any body to work with them specially where I was based on gold coast.
Pros
Great team on gold coast as some of them helped me.
Cons
Lack of training, and rude management in sydney.
Daily Micro Management
Electrical Sales (Former Employee) –  Southport QLD23 September 2018
Tried to create competition between teams with biting daily reviews. Safety was presented as the primary focus of the company yet the requirement to work after sundown without lights or reflective vests made late afternoon walking dangerous.
Pros
Daily scheduling
Cons
Required traveling on personal time
excellant company to work for
Trainer & Assessor / Heavy Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA17 September 2018
spent 29 years working at the mine very good place to work had great opportunities got looked after in many ways acquired many skills and knowledge whilst there
Pros
good money good conditions
Cons
to much favourtism
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA26 July 2018
Alinta Energy is a great company to work for. In WA our teams work together to provide our customers with great customer service. Staff are not treated like a number, they are acknowledged and awarded for their hard work.
Alinta Energy has great values, with safety coming first. They also care about your mental health as well as physical, and management in WA are organised and always taking in feedback to improve our services.
I recommend working in the Perth office.
Pros
Free fruit and drinks, paid on time, great co-workers, overtime is offered, brand new office
Cons
Stressful dealing with difficult customers, hard to progress a career when in the call cente, multi-tasking
Amazing Company
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 June 2018
A typical day working for Alinta Energy involves talking to a variety of different customers. I've gained an extensive range of skills while working with this company, all of which I believe to be valuable in any sales career. The team leaders work very close with sales team members, even joining them in the field on a daily basis.
Pros
great base wage
Cons
long days
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 August 2017
Was a terrible job the workers always lied to the customers to get them to switch providers and you were doing a lot of hard work running around and getting paid next to nothing
Innovative, excellent reward structure, good business culture
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  South Australia19 June 2017
An innovative company that rewarded employees who displayed the appropriate business culture behaviours.

Executives of the company were open and transparent about company strategies and the expected and past performance of the each company business unit.

Ideas for improvement were readily accepted from any employee
Pros
Rewards for effort - good salary structure
Cons
Organisation Structure a bit loose - reporting lines unclear
Work summary
MR Truck Driver / fork lift / large bus (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA14 June 2017
Team briefing to start the shift learn new safety ideals. Getting the job right first time and achieving a great outcome at the end. Great working as a team and competition of the job safely. Also bringing up new ideas to improve work flow ect
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Long hours is fine
Fun to work
Billing Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA2 March 2017
Looking for personal and professional improvement. Also looking for work life balance. Scope for progress and have professional culture. Have flexibility
Pros
Free drinks and fruit
Cons
Good to work with
TRADES ASSISTANT - SCAFFOLDING (Former Employee) –  Port Augusta SA26 February 2017
A typical day at work would be hard work and completing given tasks that us employees be facing, the culture and commemorator between fellow workers be mutual being well respected and friendly.
Pros
good working enviroment
The best job I have had
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA6 February 2017
This was the best job I have ever had. Very safety focused. Alinta provided heaps of training hence they had some of the best skilled tradespeople in the country. Career advancement was possible but due to the loyalty of long term employees positions rarely became available. Mine management were understanding and kept everybody well informed. Culture was overall very good however a few of the long term employees didn't know how good they had it and tried to drag everybody into their misery. Shame the mine closed down Leigh Creek was the best little tight knit community in Australia with more facilities than a big regional centre.
Pros
Training. Good community. Good pay. Live in rather than fifo ( home with the family every night)
Cons
A handful of negative employees
Great place to work...
Town & Mine Facilitating Officer (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA13 December 2016
My job was very enjoyable for a few reasons, my co- workers we very pleasant, kind and helpful. If I ever needed a questioned answered from management on anything in particular, I always got a quick answer back with a smile.

I learned how to time manage more effectively while doing this job and prioritise the daily scheduled job lists with attention to hazards in the work place.

Alinta has a safety first policy which I loved and worked hard to achieve this mindset thought most of my work days.

The hardest part of my job was the long pants and shirts that were required to stay on throughout the summer months when it was over 40 degree heat days.
Pros
I could work at my own pace.
Cons
The heat in summer.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 November 2016
Great team vibe, healthy competition amongst the team, wonderful & encouraging management. Competitive basic hourly rate with great incentives to earn extra money throu8gh commission.
Commission Based Pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide31 October 2016
High targets, low pay and poor training. Not many of the representatives had been with the company any more than 6 months. very high turn over of the comapny.
I only spent a week there and couldn't stand it.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long Hours, low pay
Best job ever!! Didnt want to leave 😢
Unit rig driver (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA30 October 2016
I enjoyed my time working with Alinta Energy but I didn't want to leave. Mine manager and production manager also All supervisors were so great to get along with so easy and available to ask/answer all questions. I hounded and hounded to operate the dump trucks and finally I got the chance of doing my dream job. I enjoyed every minute of it until we all knew that the dream was over.
(saddest day ever)
I am greatfull for getting the chance to operate and work with all the crews at Leigh Creek and you will all be sadly missed. Hope to have a reunion soon. Cheers All 🤗🤗🤗🤗
Pros
Dream job, Top people to work with, great Payrate
Cons
Leaving my dream job, Leaving Leigh Creek
cable repairs
Trade Assistant Electrical (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill WA3 October 2016
Was a good job but job was cut short due to management conflict with other companies otherwise would still be working but the job itself was good to work on just unfortunate about the circumstances between companies.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
management conflict between companies brought things to a halt.
Great support and opportunity to grow
Payments Officer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia26 September 2016
Alinta Energy is the largest gas retailer based in the state of Western Australia controlling utility across the board and have great people and culture skill and advancement opportunities
Pros
Great people and culture skills
Cons
Nothing based in New Zealand (expect a power generation station)
Loved it
TMC (Former Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC24 July 2016
So blessed to be able to work with such great people. And great work diversity. Loved the poeple and getting to learn new skills and a new trade.
Horrible company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 July 2016
Mistreats employees and lies. Was told I would be given a weeks worth of training and only got not even a days worth of training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alinta Energy. Our community is ready to answer.