All Trades Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

All Trades Queensland Employee Reviews

Australia35 reviews
I worked for all trades for 11 months and 8 of those months was all trades trying to find me work. They would takes days sometimes weeks to even reply to me or answer my calls. I wasn’t aloud to find work of my own because I had to work for one of their hosts. And they were always late to pay me or I was under paid.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No work and under paid
Terrible place to work with poor management, leadership and culture. Mis-managed, greedy and more interested in quantity/money over quality/care.

Current advertisement for a Personal Assistant says it all, must be able to: "Manage, investigate and action complex customer service enquiries, attend to vexatious or emotive complainants either in person, over the phone or via correspondence"
I worked with different companies during my apprenticeship this made it both challenging and interesting. I got to learn different skills which will help me in the future.
A bunch of monkeys running the place at the leadership level. The place is a joke and I’m surprised it’s still in business. Severely underpaid and undervalued employees that are office based and field officers. While the managers line their own pockets. Unable to work as a team but rather a leadership team with tall poppy syndrome trying to outdo one another while the company is crumbling around them.
Unfortunately the company is too big to take care of its apprentices. Many apprentices will have trouble doing the work they want to do. You will be treated as a hired labourer when you start as a first year. Some of the jobs are great experience, but when you need the help from All Trades they arent there.
Very appreciated for the opportunity to get into the industry overall was good experience only left due to unexpected life issues management was difficult at times to contact but overall good
Twice I've started an apprenticeship with atq and twice I've been treated poorly by them and quit, I don't understand how they are still in business. They do not pay their apprentices correctly and they do not take OH&S seriously.
Pros
Payroll staff are great to deal with.
Cons
They're unfamiliar with most of the minimum standards, except pay.
wouldn't work for them again, they took 6 months to find me a host employer and wouldn't let me find one on my own. Than there was two weeks in a row they "forgot" to process my pay.
Pros
Cons
long distance travel (unpaid for), no continues work
The field officers were always friendly and always had work organised when work was running low. The hourly rate was good. Needed to improve the timesheets.
benefits
Cons
it was easy to solve any problems and receive any help that i needed. the bosses and people that took care of the apprentices were easy to get along with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low wages
- great place to do apprenticeship
- always have work for you

-host always give it there best to give you time to learn

- the felid officers always were every understanding
Pros
free boots and other saftey gear
Cons
good hours
Really have a great team that really care about the apprentices and trainees. Growing training department will see for greater job outcomes for the apprentices.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Team cohesion
WORST company i have ever worked for. Upper management have zero ethics , treat employees like dirt. They are all about money and dont care about apprentices welfare at all. Human resourses is a joke.
Pros
Cons
getting treated like dirt.
I'm a second year painting apprentice at Alltrades, I started out wanting a small company to help teach me the fundamentals and I was placed with a company that matched, I have been through a few placements in different companies but I have had a few issues with transport along the way, when I let them know I was definitely treated well and arrangements were made to ensure I had no further problems, overall I have had a fair few personal hurdles and they have been very good in the way they have assisted me in continuing my work and picking my employers accordingly. I am now placed with an employer that is extremely good to me, Overall I have been very thankful for atq and would definitely recommend :)
Previously working for another company privately, I was getting overworked, ripped off and had no work/life balance, I nearly quit my apprenticeship and gave up my passion of carpentry. Since working with All Trades my whole life has changed. I have constant ongoing support, I have had amazing opportunities presented to me that I would have never thought possible. Working with different hosts, I have learnt more than I thought possible, seeing different techniques as well as all aspects of carpentry. I highly recommend All Trades to anyone who wants to do a trade or currently are & are feeling like I was before joining All Trades.
Pros
Ongoing support, Oppurtunities, Career Outcome
Cons
Nil
All Trades gave me a start in an apprenticeship when i couldn't find work privately. They have helped throughout my apprenticeship making sure I was safe and training was up to date.
You do get paid less but job security for me was huge, it gave me the ability to change employer when i stopped learning and made sure that i got a well rounded education. If i ever had any problems with my placement I would let them know and i would be moved.

I've had an overall positive experience with this company
Pros
Well rounded knowledge. Ensures you are on track, Gives you a secondary opinion
Cons
Less pay, and higher paywall for potential hosts
I completed my apprenticeship with ATQ, and found my apprenticeship very productive. Ofcourse it has its days but not every days gonna be the best. Never was out of work and was looked after very well by my field officers. Learned a lot along the way and even lost my licence half way through my apprenticeship, yet they still found work for me under my circumstances. I recommend ATQ if you're willing to do the hard yards
Pros
Very well looked after, allowances, experience
Cons
Bad hosts
Yeah Had a wonderful time. Really nice people easy to work with a lot of opportunities.learnt a lot about the trade I was pursuing just wasn't for me.
Was not a big fan of atq, more of a
Laborbire company then apprenticeship agency found myself mowing a lot of lawns and being used as a cheap labourer, had its days I did pick up a few things along the way, highly reccoment privatly owned businesses.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Cheap labor
I go in for an electrical apprenticeship and get placed with a company that does pipe fabrication and get put there for nearly a year.

The only electrical work I got was installing solar panels for a couple of hours between 2 days. Such a waste of time, they are just a cheap labour company.

I drove out to a work site where they placed me just to fill a skip up. That's where i had enough and told them to stick it
Pros
there are no pro's
Cons
incorrect placement, useless staff
My son started with all trades in Feb 17 and resigned in Apr 17, No communication, No ongoing work, $9.80 an hour and no help, start as a part timer with promises of much more to sit on his backside waiting for a call that never came.

Communication Skills of a 2 year old, Texts for TAFE training Courses at 10pm the night before and no replies to calls at all.

Son cut finger on work site, employer left him hanging with no reply to calls for work and All Trades did not complete Work Cover documents.

They were happy to let him go when they could not get the minimum agreed training hours (15) and he held them to ask over it, no work no pay regardless.

Poor Company with even poorer ethics

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Nil
Cons
Poor Communication, Poor pay, Glorify procedure