All Trades Queensland Employee Reviews

Go elsewhere if possible
Apprentice Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 June 2019
Twice I've started an apprenticeship with atq and twice I've been treated poorly by them and quit, I don't understand how they are still in business. They do not pay their apprentices correctly and they do not take OH&S seriously.
Pros
Payroll staff are great to deal with.
Cons
They're unfamiliar with most of the minimum standards, except pay.
unreliable, wouldnt let me fin my own host employer and took several months to get me one.
Painter & Decorator (Former Employee) –  Queensland28 April 2019
wouldn't work for them again, they took 6 months to find me a host employer and wouldn't let me find one on my own. Than there was two weeks in a row they "forgot" to process my pay.
Pros
Cons
long distance travel (unpaid for), no continues work
Hardly ever find any work for you
Painting and decorating (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD11 September 2018
I worked for all trades for 11 months and 8 of those months was all trades trying to find me work. They would takes days sometimes weeks to even reply to me or answer my calls. I wasn’t aloud to find work of my own because I had to work for one of their hosts. And they were always late to pay me or I was under paid.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No work and under paid
good people to work with
apprentice painter and decorator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 September 2018
it was easy to solve any problems and receive any help that i needed. the bosses and people that took care of the apprentices were easy to get along with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low wages
always had work
Carpentry (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 March 2018
- great place to do apprenticeship
- always have work for you
-host always give it there best to give you time to learn
- the felid officers always were every understanding
Pros
free boots and other saftey gear
Cons
good hours
Great place to work with growing training department
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Shailer Park24 October 2017
Really have a great team that really care about the apprentices and trainees. Growing training department will see for greater job outcomes for the apprentices.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Team cohesion
Unethical and morally corrupt
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 October 2017
WORST company i have ever worked for. Upper management have zero ethics , treat employees like dirt. They are all about money and dont care about apprentices welfare at all. Human resourses is a joke.
Pros
Cons
getting treated like dirt.
Decent place to work
Apprentice painter (Current Employee) –  Qld20 September 2017
I'm a second year painting apprentice at Alltrades, I started out wanting a small company to help teach me the fundamentals and I was placed with a company that matched, I have been through a few placements in different companies but I have had a few issues with transport along the way, when I let them know I was definitely treated well and arrangements were made to ensure I had no further problems, overall I have had a fair few personal hurdles and they have been very good in the way they have assisted me in continuing my work and picking my employers accordingly. I am now placed with an employer that is extremely good to me, Overall I have been very thankful for atq and would definitely recommend :)
Best job I've ever had
Carpenter Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, Qld20 September 2017
Previously working for another company privately, I was getting overworked, ripped off and had no work/life balance, I nearly quit my apprenticeship and gave up my passion of carpentry. Since working with All Trades my whole life has changed. I have constant ongoing support, I have had amazing opportunities presented to me that I would have never thought possible. Working with different hosts, I have learnt more than I thought possible, seeing different techniques as well as all aspects of carpentry. I highly recommend All Trades to anyone who wants to do a trade or currently are & are feeling like I was before joining All Trades.
Pros
Ongoing support, Oppurtunities, Career Outcome
Cons
Nil
Good job security, Keeps you organised
Apprentice Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD20 September 2017
All Trades gave me a start in an apprenticeship when i couldn't find work privately. They have helped throughout my apprenticeship making sure I was safe and training was up to date.
You do get paid less but job security for me was huge, it gave me the ability to change employer when i stopped learning and made sure that i got a well rounded education. If i ever had any problems with my placement I would let them know and i would be moved.

I've had an overall positive experience with this company
Pros
Well rounded knowledge. Ensures you are on track, Gives you a secondary opinion
Cons
Less pay, and higher paywall for potential hosts
Very well looked after and great environment
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, qld20 September 2017
I completed my apprenticeship with ATQ, and found my apprenticeship very productive. Ofcourse it has its days but not every days gonna be the best. Never was out of work and was looked after very well by my field officers. Learned a lot along the way and even lost my licence half way through my apprenticeship, yet they still found work for me under my circumstances. I recommend ATQ if you're willing to do the hard yards
Pros
Very well looked after, allowances, experience
Cons
Bad hosts
Good
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 July 2017
Yeah Had a wonderful time. Really nice people easy to work with a lot of opportunities.learnt a lot about the trade I was pursuing just wasn't for me.
Interesting place to work
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Queensland27 June 2017
Was not a big fan of atq, more of a
Laborbire company then apprenticeship agency found myself mowing a lot of lawns and being used as a cheap labourer, had its days I did pick up a few things along the way, highly reccoment privatly owned businesses.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Cheap labor
Don't waste your time
Apparently an Electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 May 2017
I go in for an electrical apprenticeship and get placed with a company that does pipe fabrication and get put there for nearly a year.

The only electrical work I got was installing solar panels for a couple of hours between 2 days. Such a waste of time, they are just a cheap labour company.

I drove out to a work site where they placed me just to fill a skip up. That's where i had enough and told them to stick it
Pros
there are no pro's
Cons
incorrect placement, useless staff
Cheap Hire Company with no Management Skills
Roof Plumber (Former Employee) –  Banyo QLD18 April 2017
My son started with all trades in Feb 17 and resigned in Apr 17, No communication, No ongoing work, $9.80 an hour and no help, start as a part timer with promises of much more to sit on his backside waiting for a call that never came.

Communication Skills of a 2 year old, Texts for TAFE training Courses at 10pm the night before and no replies to calls at all.

Son cut finger on work site, employer left him hanging with no reply to calls for work and All Trades did not complete Work Cover documents.

They were happy to let him go when they could not get the minimum agreed training hours (15) and he held them to ask over it, no work no pay regardless.

Poor Company with even poorer ethics

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Nil
Cons
Poor Communication, Poor pay, Glorify procedure
Unprofessional
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Queensland13 April 2017
Every time it comes towards public holidays they never get the pay through there's always an excuse! So stupid would not recommend them thier payroll is so unprofessional
Pros
Unprofessional
Cons
All trades queensland are a scam!
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 February 2017
All trades queensland used me and 30 other people for cheap labor promising everyone of us an apprenticeship at the end of the contract then laid every single one of us off paying us the absolute bare minimum. All trades are a scam.
Pros
Cons
Everything about their company is a con
All Trades Queensland
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 February 2017
All Trades isn't that great. They lock you into a contract and you can't leave. I highly recommend going to ElectroGroup if you want to start your apprenticeship with a group training organisation.
Overall good experience with All Trades Qld
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 February 2017
Great place to work, completed my apprenticeship with a host employer that now employs me full-time.
Overall good experience.
Don't waste your time
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Queensland27 October 2016
Poor management, no job security, very hard to get in contact with your field officer and unethical. All Slaves Queensland only cares about money. Do not go with with them!
Pros
free shirts
Cons
poor management, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All Trades Queensland. Our community is ready to answer.

All Trades Queensland Reviews by Location