Allianz

Australia65 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,752 reviews

Hard Work but Great Team

The team was great and direct managers were very supportive. Upper management was a out of tune but overall the people were great. Technology was lacking that made it hard to complete goals.

Pros

People and events

Cons

Lack of technology

Fun place to work - Training was excellent - Managers are supportive

Out of all places as far, I've enjoyed working here the most. Managers are very supportive and will always look to upskill you when possible - to keep you from being burnt out from doing the same task for weeks or months on end.

Fast paced, poor support

Poor support, fast paced, you will feel tensed. Only go if you don’t mind working in a fast paced environment otherwise avoid. Support level was pooor especially for those WFH.

Great training, and management treats you like a human being

Although i'm with them for my contract term, for the first time I've felt happy working in the past 2 years of working. Management trains staff well, and continually upskills workers in hopes to keep them in the future.

Pros

In-depth training, management staff treats you like family

Cons

A lot of work to do, but is expected for such a big company with a huge clientelle

Great place to work, Recommend to all of my friends, career development.

I tell all of my friends to apply for jobs at Allianz. I have been there for 6 years and it's been the best company to work for. They are very people centric and provide a lot of support and benefits to their employees. If they see that you are doing good work and providing value, they will pro-actively promote you to other positions where you can be more valuable and challenged. Managers are very understanding and supportive. They will provide you with support all the time.

Allianz says it is an all inclusive workplace but really just panders to the “woke” crowd.

Allianz says a great many things… it lives up to none of it, not for the lack of effort from some middle management.It offers work life balance, only if you are in a position to negotiate, otherwise you work as they see fit. Work life balance is for those not in the contact center. You are there to work and work you will, burn out and staff turn over is a great cost to all businesses, but Allianz treats it as an opportunity to mask the issues. Every year you get an AES poll… 90% of the people taking it aren’t in the contact centre and or are new for a month…. So they rate themselves well. If you speak amongst yourselves and to anyone who’s worked there more than 3 years it shows a different side, a lot of mental health issues, a lot of bullying, a lot of work till you drop mentalities.I say this as one of the ones who’s had a decent work life with Allianz and managed to work there for over 10 years.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long exhaustive days…. Chained to a desk, massive kpis, no help when you’ve been abused by customers.

Stressful - Burn Out - Not Great training and Micro Managing Boss

I worked at Allianz for 4 months as a Recovery Assistant. It is a hard job, they will push you to do as many calls as possible. The constant fear of going to the bathroom for too long, or ever missing a call and knowing that they listen to your calls - is very stressful. They basically want you to be a robot. I had my boss always micromanage me it was so toxic. People who have been there for 30 years are lazy and have favorites. There is no incentive to work hard as the rewards are pretty lame. They monitor everything you do, your emails, listen to your calls. If you say one thing they do not as you will be in the office. I felt like I had someone strangling me whilst working there. If you are a creative individual or have any empathy do not work there. You have to be a tough person to put debts onto people every day.

Pros

Nice office in the city, free coffee and tea. Team members are helpful

Cons

Stressful, KPI Targets, Favouritism, Micro Managing, Poor training

Forward thinking, leading edge

Allianz has been a great place to work. They know they have some way to go but are collaborative and focussed on their goals. It can be a tricky balance to position local needs with the global drivers coming out of Head Office in Europe.

Pros

Wellbeing initiatives, high levels of trust

Cons

Resource management

Odd culture

In the one hand this place seems professional and with a friendly culture. But poor leadership and a difficult relationship with European head office makes for a challenging place to work

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Poor leadership

Interesting place to work

The social committee was very good. The culture was interesting with a large number of staff having a huge amount of experience but also a large number of new staff. The systems were not as good as other companies I had worked in.

Appalling

Expectations and targets imposed by management to staff is unrealistic Culture is not conducive to a work team environment Organisation is large but the attention provided to the wellbeing of staff is not at par to Industry Standards

Run away

It took in excess of 3 months to finally receive my letter of offer which left me unemployed for a month. I then received a reduced offer of only 6 months despite the advertisement for a 12-month contract online. I arrived to find the software to be outdated and inefficient. The Office location is brilliant, right on Melbourne central. The actual computers, keyboards, and chairs were so worn and gross that it was unpleasant to use. I ended up bring in my own keyboard. I was barely paid the industry minimum, and the scale of expectation was impossible to accept. One person in the entire nation came close to reaching the department KPI. This meant the opportunity to increase your wage was solely through the change of roles. I found the staff to be of an excellent standard, smart, engaged and hardworking. I would recommend hiring a former Allianz staff as they were all eager to learn and strive for excellence. The organisational structure left all service level staff with little chance to advance internally.

Pros

Office Location

Cons

Poor pay, Poor equipment, unrealistic wage advancement expectations

work

It was a good experience.I like working there. the culture is good. the. The salary is good. the people are nice. everything was good, I did my internship. It was good

Allianz Australia is an inclusive workplace that is striving to be the best at what it does. There are some very fine individuals who make it a joy to come to work

Very Busy role

I was in Motor Claims which was very busy and stressful at times. Most of the Team Leaders were great, unfortunately, there was a lot of "us and them" mentality with some team leaders and as such they "forgot" to pass on some instructions to the staff they were not buddies with. Made it difficult at times to keep up the level of service you wanted to.

Call centre

A supportive company with a great culture that leads the way in work from home opportunities. Focus on employee well being and engagement. Encourages employees to challenge the norms.

Productive workplace with great people

Clear targets for monthly goals. Very active in engaging staff with a strong community service program. Management and frontline phone constants very aware that good service is important.

Nice workplace

Good training Friendly environment fast replying company lots of customers lots of team support good pay hardest part of the job is learning the pds for the sales department as there are things you can and cant say and you often don't find that out till you have already said it

Pros

amazing italian restuarant nearby

Cons

clicky team

okay

is good but don't like it when your sick even though they say dont come in if you are sick Company has good training and great management co workers can be clicky

Great organisation to work for

good to their employees and their customers. highly professional management and workplace environment which makes it a pleasure to work for Allianz Australia.

Travel Assistance Company

A good position if you are happy sitting at a desk for the majority of your shift and being on the telephone Providing assistance to travellers who are stuck in a foreign country with an injury or illness

Pros

Excellent Salary & Benefits Package

Cons

Long shift sitting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Allianz with