Allianz Employee Reviews

Australia74 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 74 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,049 reviews

Personally had good support from my direct managers but too stressful

Company had KPI expectations that were way beyond achievable. My direct managers were great and supported me but the workload and repetitiveness of the role was what essentially drove me out of the company. Wasn't worth the horrible customers you'd have to deal with on a daily bases. Managers usually expected you to dry manage these situations on your own till the very last minute.

Extremely supportive

I am currently working in the call center. And I never found a workplace where people care about each other this way. They are extremely supportive and friendly, no matter which skill you are in :)

Fast paced, supportive, work life balance

One of the most supportive environments I have worked, great team environment, supportive manager's. Have learnt so much in the CAT space, complexity, dispute resolution, cross skill training, there's plenty of training & room for growth.

Not enough workers for the amount of work there is

Depends on the manager you get to how enjoyable your job will be. Phones are always busy and you don’t get enough time to do your allocated work, therefore the phones are busy all the time.

Don’t waste your time

The only positive thing to this role is that you can work from home 4 days a week. There is no direction from management but they like to micro manage.

Good but not great extremely low pay.

As expected, the micro-managed claims team was pressured to maintain a large claims load in exchange for poor remuneration and institutionalised management.

Good flexibility and work life balance, not many opportunitiest o grow

Good flexibility and work life balance.Not many opportunities to grow.they are the last one to adapt new technologies like cloud, microservices etc.Most* people are friendly and approachable. Office politics is present

Great experience working for allianz

Great company to work, very good resources great management. Very understanding in needs as an employee where additional help is provided if required. Great company to work for when looking to build on your career and opportunities available to proceed in your career.

Archaic technology, no direction, no bonus

Met some amazing people working at Allianz, however, the legacy systems, clunky processes, high workloads and long hours along with unreasonable expectations and lack of financial incentives had me run for the door.

Pros

I was lucky to have a leader focused on my career and my development

Cons

The low salaries can’t compensate for the systemic problems

Great Management and employer

Management is great and it is a good company to work for. Has good benefits and work/life balance.Salary is competitive and you get good hikes as well. Overall a good employer.

Fun place to work - Training was excellent - Managers are supportive

Out of all places as far, I've enjoyed working here the most. Managers are very supportive and will always look to upskill you when possible - to keep you from being burnt out from doing the same task for weeks or months on end.

Fast paced, poor support

Poor support, fast paced, you will feel tensed. Only go if you don’t mind working in a fast paced environment otherwise avoid. Support level was pooor especially for those WFH.

Great training, and management treats you like a human being

Although i'm with them for my contract term, for the first time I've felt happy working in the past 2 years of working. Management trains staff well, and continually upskills workers in hopes to keep them in the future.

Pros

In-depth training, management staff treats you like family

Cons

A lot of work to do, but is expected for such a big company with a huge clientelle

Great place to work, Recommend to all of my friends, career development.

I tell all of my friends to apply for jobs at Allianz. I have been there for 6 years and it's been the best company to work for. They are very people centric and provide a lot of support and benefits to their employees. If they see that you are doing good work and providing value, they will pro-actively promote you to other positions where you can be more valuable and challenged. Managers are very understanding and supportive. They will provide you with support all the time.

Allianz says it is an all inclusive workplace but really just panders to the “woke” crowd.

Allianz says a great many things… it lives up to none of it, not for the lack of effort from some middle management.It offers work life balance, only if you are in a position to negotiate, otherwise you work as they see fit. Work life balance is for those not in the contact center. You are there to work and work you will, burn out and staff turn over is a great cost to all businesses, but Allianz treats it as an opportunity to mask the issues. Every year you get an AES poll… 90% of the people taking it aren’t in the contact centre and or are new for a month…. So they rate themselves well. If you speak amongst yourselves and to anyone who’s worked there more than 3 years it shows a different side, a lot of mental health issues, a lot of bullying, a lot of work till you drop mentalities.I say this as one of the ones who’s had a decent work life with Allianz and managed to work there for over 10 years.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long exhaustive days…. Chained to a desk, massive kpis, no help when you’ve been abused by customers.

Stressful - Burn Out - Not Great training and Micro Managing Boss

I worked at Allianz for 4 months as a Recovery Assistant. It is a hard job, they will push you to do as many calls as possible. The constant fear of going to the bathroom for too long, or ever missing a call and knowing that they listen to your calls - is very stressful. They basically want you to be a robot. I had my boss always micromanage me it was so toxic. People who have been there for 30 years are lazy and have favorites. There is no incentive to work hard as the rewards are pretty lame. They monitor everything you do, your emails, listen to your calls. If you say one thing they do not as you will be in the office. I felt like I had someone strangling me whilst working there. If you are a creative individual or have any empathy do not work there. You have to be a tough person to put debts onto people every day.

Pros

Nice office in the city, free coffee and tea. Team members are helpful

Cons

Stressful, KPI Targets, Favouritism, Micro Managing, Poor training

Forward thinking, leading edge

Allianz has been a great place to work. They know they have some way to go but are collaborative and focussed on their goals. It can be a tricky balance to position local needs with the global drivers coming out of Head Office in Europe.

Pros

Wellbeing initiatives, high levels of trust

Cons

Resource management

Hard Work but Great Team

The team was great and direct managers were very supportive. Upper management was a out of tune but overall the people were great. Technology was lacking that made it hard to complete goals.

Pros

People and events

Cons

Lack of technology

Odd culture

In the one hand this place seems professional and with a friendly culture. But poor leadership and a difficult relationship with European head office makes for a challenging place to work

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Poor leadership

Interesting place to work

The social committee was very good. The culture was interesting with a large number of staff having a huge amount of experience but also a large number of new staff. The systems were not as good as other companies I had worked in.

Appalling

Expectations and targets imposed by management to staff is unrealistic Culture is not conducive to a work team environment Organisation is large but the attention provided to the wellbeing of staff is not at par to Industry Standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Allianz with