Allianz logo
Allianz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Allianz Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance
Job Security & Advancement

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,880 reviews

Interesting place to work

The social committee was very good. The culture was interesting with a large number of staff having a huge amount of experience but also a large number of new staff. The systems were not as good as other companies I had worked in.

Run away

It took in excess of 3 months to finally receive my letter of offer which left me unemployed for a month. I then received a reduced offer of only 6 months despite the advertisement for a 12-month contract online. I arrived to find the software to be outdated and inefficient. The Office location is brilliant, right on Melbourne central. The actual computers, keyboards, and chairs were so worn and gross that it was unpleasant to use. I ended up bring in my own keyboard. I was barely paid the industry minimum, and the scale of expectation was impossible to accept. One person in the entire nation came close to reaching the department KPI. This meant the opportunity to increase your wage was solely through the change of roles. I found the staff to be of an excellent standard, smart, engaged and hardworking. I would recommend hiring a former Allianz staff as they were all eager to learn and strive for excellence. The organisational structure left all service level staff with little chance to advance internally.

Pros

Office Location

Cons

Poor pay, Poor equipment, unrealistic wage advancement expectations

Call centre

A supportive company with a great culture that leads the way in work from home opportunities. Focus on employee well being and engagement. Encourages employees to challenge the norms.

Would not recommend

shift work, pay could always be better, advancement if you get on with management. This job is great if you want to work super hard without reward. They have all the perks of a corporate role such as big Christmas parties, awards nights, food days, free breakfast (Cereal and toast). If you are part of the LGBTI then this is a great environment for you VERY busy call centre and high expectation to meet and exceed your KPI's

Pros

free lunches on event days, free breakfast daily, shut on sundays.

Cons

shift work

Good Salary but poor career movement and development

Pretty simple job and get paid well for what we do but does get very monotonous working in a call centre especially. However there are very limited career advancement opportunities and a lot of people leave because of job stagnation.

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Poor Career Development

Allianz Australia

Allianz have an excellent customer culture, are professional and expect excellence in all customer touch points. They support work life balance 100%.

Pros

Workplace culture, work life balance

Cons

Remuneration

Only there a short time, unable to comment

Only there on short term contract, through and agency, unable to comment. People I worked with where good, but as only there month hard to gauge company long term.

Productive and fun with welcoming management

Allianz had great benefits whilst working there for example: loving staff, reliable management and great culture and fun environment to be apart of. Reason for leaving is due to lack of opportunity for career progression.

Pros

Energetic environment with great positive people

Cons

No career progression

Excellent Place to Work

Highly talented people and cool workplace culture , learning curve is very high and can get any kind of help/ knowledge from seniors without hesitation.

It was great being part of the team

A great place to work, management was always approachable and a strong team environment. Always opportunities to move within the company with wide age demographic working to allow prior and new experience ideas to come forth.

Jobs at Allianz

See more jobs

The division I worked with was not a great team environment

I left after a year due to the lack of leadership from the local manager and the tough environment, I believe thought that there are some great business units to work with and the culture has improved since I left some years ago.

International Company

International company with plenty of opportunities to move within the company both locally, interstate and globally. Strong focus on education and employment development.

Great place to work, fun environment

Great staff and really fun place to work. Great office location with fabulous views overlooking Darling Harbour. Large company so also plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development.

Very good place to work to balance and improve technically

Allianz is a very good company to balance your personal life and work. It's a very good to learn all cutting edge technologies and the the company easily adapts to latest technologies and accept any application architecture changes.

Difficult to advance internally in the company.

Changes for career development are minimal and difficult to build, even with considerable experience and an endorsement of my previous long term manager.

Repetative work

Process insurance renewals, endorsements and new business applications through the system. Manage gateways that brokers send through closings and other general enquiries. Register through the gateway all renewals, endorsements and new businesses. Make sure all documents from closing, terms and rater match before processing. Answer the phone calls as per the Allianz phone standards. Work with all aspects of the business, eg Underwriting, BDM’s, etc to ensure all renewals, new business and endorsements are correct and completed to SLA’s. Received 7 compliments through the Allianz complement and thank you system for work well done Learned a new system I have never worked with before management was not the greatest and little recognition for the hard work that is put in. Co-workers quite but lovely people was a very multicultural environment Nothing was really hard about the job but probably learning the new products that need to be processed. Enjoyable was part taking in a found raiser for the office and making cupcakes for the RSPCA

Pros

discounts on insurance and other products

Cons

not enough recognition from employers

It was a very enjoyable working environment with good training.

I worked for Allianz for 3 years and in that time formed solid working relationships with the people I was teamed with. The training was exceptional and taught me everything I needed to know about insurance which I previously knew nothing about. My time at Allianz was wonderful and I hope to work in the banking/insurance sector as a telephone consultant again as it is an area I am well trained in.

Pros

Kitchentte, DVDs, Table tennis...

Cons

My manager was not "on the top of her game" as it were.

wonderful co-workers

I learnt a lot about HR and especially the Talent Management area. My typical day involved coordinating and preparing for Career Development Conferences which brought together Allianz's key decision makers in relation to Talent Selection, Succession Planning and Development. I also took ownership of data accuracy in the Talent Management Database, Preceda (employee records) and Psychometric tools. Hardest part of this role was not having proper databases (everything done in Excel spreadsheets with macros) or systems that integrated.

Pros

the people

Cons

old systems

Policy Services

Current changes are in place and although I am very happy with the company, Unfortunately the changes have limit my growth. I enjoy working in all departments but with the changes, there will only be 1 department for each location. I am looking to expand my experience and grow further and higher.

Global company

Professional skills Global communication Risk management skills Compliance

Handling Motor Claims from beginning to End

My day at Allianz was split into two parts. The first part being processing work and the second half of the day would be spent speaking with customers on the phone. I would process invoices determine liability respond to emails and follow up my portfolio to make sure all claims were up to date. I would then spend the second half of the day speaking with customers, repairers, brokers and assessors. I would take inbound calls and also make outbound calls to follow up on claims. The most enjoyable part of my job was processing claims in a timely manner and receiving good feedback from customers.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Very repetitive and little opportunity for career progression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allianz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Allianz