Allianz logo
Allianz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Allianz Management reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,880 reviews

Hard Work but Great Team

The team was great and direct managers were very supportive. Upper management was a out of tune but overall the people were great. Technology was lacking that made it hard to complete goals.

Pros

People and events

Cons

Lack of technology

Forward thinking, leading edge

Allianz has been a great place to work. They know they have some way to go but are collaborative and focussed on their goals. It can be a tricky balance to position local needs with the global drivers coming out of Head Office in Europe.

Pros

Wellbeing initiatives, high levels of trust

Cons

Resource management

Appalling

Expectations and targets imposed by management to staff is unrealistic Culture is not conducive to a work team environment Organisation is large but the attention provided to the wellbeing of staff is not at par to Industry Standards

Productive workplace with great people

Clear targets for monthly goals. Very active in engaging staff with a strong community service program. Management and frontline phone constants very aware that good service is important.

okay

is good but don't like it when your sick even though they say dont come in if you are sick Company has good training and great management co workers can be clicky

Great organisation to work for

good to their employees and their customers. highly professional management and workplace environment which makes it a pleasure to work for Allianz Australia.

Would not recommend

shift work, pay could always be better, advancement if you get on with management. This job is great if you want to work super hard without reward. They have all the perks of a corporate role such as big Christmas parties, awards nights, food days, free breakfast (Cereal and toast). If you are part of the LGBTI then this is a great environment for you VERY busy call centre and high expectation to meet and exceed your KPI's

Pros

free lunches on event days, free breakfast daily, shut on sundays.

Cons

shift work

Very poor

Toxic culture with extremely low levels of pay and extremely high levels of stress. The only thing going for it is its brand name i.e. large global conglomerate.

Structured liability driven environment as necessary

Typical day at work - Receiving and making outbound insurance enquiries What I learned - Insurance adherence requirements and sales protocols Management - Generally friendly approachable Work Culture - Diverse and friendly Hardest part of the job - Balancing customer service with call time expectatons Most Enjoyable part of job - Team environment

Pros

Good team environment

Cons

Lack of effective back up processes for system issues

Allianz CTP a good place to work

Allianz CTP was a great place to work at. The culture within the company was fantastic. Management are great if they do not have an issue with you. If they do they will do what ever it takes to get rid of you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the internal politics but the most enjoyable part was the work it self.

Pros

Great work environment

Jobs at Allianz

See more jobs

Productive and fun with welcoming management

Allianz had great benefits whilst working there for example: loving staff, reliable management and great culture and fun environment to be apart of. Reason for leaving is due to lack of opportunity for career progression.

Pros

Energetic environment with great positive people

Cons

No career progression

Great team spirit.

Great team spirit and ability to follow conventional practices. Improvement needed in allowing innovative techniques to tested. A typical would involve liaising with colleagues on particular claims and developing a project proposal for management.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Risk adversity to the point of being resistant to innovation

It was great being part of the team

A great place to work, management was always approachable and a strong team environment. Always opportunities to move within the company with wide age demographic working to allow prior and new experience ideas to come forth.

Agency satisfaction with Allianz risk management projects:

Risk Management leadership: • My role as a Risk Manager: o Delivered behavioural programs through interactions with TMF clients. I have presented and develop my profile as a “topic expert” among TMF agencies where the risk offering is directly engaging programs relating to evidence based solutions. Manage the Training and Consulting Services within the compliance team and promote Injury Management solutions, Injury Treatment and alternately proactive cultural and organisational management change and cultural innovation

Pros

Client services and great work environment

Cons

additional services that is not part of the business

Repetative work

Process insurance renewals, endorsements and new business applications through the system. Manage gateways that brokers send through closings and other general enquiries. Register through the gateway all renewals, endorsements and new businesses. Make sure all documents from closing, terms and rater match before processing. Answer the phone calls as per the Allianz phone standards. Work with all aspects of the business, eg Underwriting, BDM’s, etc to ensure all renewals, new business and endorsements are correct and completed to SLA’s. Received 7 compliments through the Allianz complement and thank you system for work well done Learned a new system I have never worked with before management was not the greatest and little recognition for the hard work that is put in. Co-workers quite but lovely people was a very multicultural environment Nothing was really hard about the job but probably learning the new products that need to be processed. Enjoyable was part taking in a found raiser for the office and making cupcakes for the RSPCA

Pros

discounts on insurance and other products

Cons

not enough recognition from employers

A company that prides themselves on customer service and quality products.

A positive work environment. Good leadership from management and team leaders. Positive and encouraging work environment. A company that strives to improve and perfect products to suite customer needs. Good emphasis on customer service, reliability, quality and having a trusted client and insurer relationship. Maintaining a positive customer experience with the insurance industry.

wonderful co-workers

I learnt a lot about HR and especially the Talent Management area. My typical day involved coordinating and preparing for Career Development Conferences which brought together Allianz's key decision makers in relation to Talent Selection, Succession Planning and Development. I also took ownership of data accuracy in the Talent Management Database, Preceda (employee records) and Psychometric tools. Hardest part of this role was not having proper databases (everything done in Excel spreadsheets with macros) or systems that integrated.

Pros

the people

Cons

old systems

Supportive and creative employer with a great culture

The workplace culture at Allianz is good with a happy and productive team in the Customer Call Centre. The workload is very closely monitored so that the days pass steadily except under unexpected heavy loads. The company includes training to Certificate III level to fulfil RG146 standards. Management at call centre level includes Team Leaders, with a Sales or Service Manager above him, and a Call Centre Manager above them. The team are predominantly a mix of young and old, and the culture is family orientated, with a broad and diverse cultural spectrum. The hardest part of the job at the Allianz Call Centre is the rotating roster. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company social events.

Pros

Social club, awards ceremonies, and cheap insurance.

Cons

Rotating roster, average remuneration.

Global company

Professional skills Global communication Risk management skills Compliance

Flexability and Training

I enjoyed working for Allianz as I was able to learn different parts of the business for example: Mailroom, Data Entry, Call Centre. Allianz was flexible with start and finish times and I was lucky to be able to work from home once or twice a week. In my role I liaised with management on a day to day basis, which enabled me to build a good rap ore. In my role which I did on my own, I processed and paid all South Australia hospital accounts which also meant I was liaising with the hospitals on a regular basis. The hardest part of my role was reconciling the accounts, the hospitals would email me there spread sheet and post the accounts and on some occasions the spread sheet wouldn't tally with the accounts sent. I worked on my own for many years but for the last year I have trained a co-worker. The company regarded me highly as I was asked to process staff members claims. Over the years I have been recognised for my work ethics which I had a commendation.

Pros

Flexabilty, Recognition and Awards

Fun environment, good management

Pleasant workmates, team spirits all around. Learned a lot about respect and mutual cooperation. The management is very supportive. My co-workers are very supportive, corteous and fun-loving. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all types of people on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is achiving goals and targets.

Pros

Life and Work balance

Cons

The company is very much goal oriented