Allianz
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Allianz Employee Reviews

The team was great and direct managers were very supportive. Upper management was a out of tune but overall the people were great. Technology was lacking that made it hard to complete goals.
Pros
People and events
Cons
Lack of technology
Thoroughly enjoyed working for the company. Fantastic pay and create office environment. Enthusiastic and fun managers who helped to motivate and support employee's working for them.
I worked for Allianz for 3 years and in that time formed solid working relationships with the people I was teamed with. The training was exceptional and taught me everything I needed to know about insurance which I previously knew nothing about. My time at Allianz was wonderful and I hope to work in the banking/insurance sector as a telephone consultant again as it is an area I am well trained in.
Pros
Kitchentte, DVDs, Table tennis...
Cons
My manager was not "on the top of her game" as it were.
I learnt a lot about HR and especially the Talent Management area. My typical day involved coordinating and preparing for Career Development Conferences which brought together Allianz's key decision makers in relation to Talent Selection, Succession Planning and Development. I also took ownership of data accuracy in the Talent Management Database, Preceda (employee records) and Psychometric tools. Hardest part of this role was not having proper databases (everything done in Excel spreadsheets with macros) or systems that integrated.
Pros
the people
Cons
old systems
The workplace culture at Allianz is good with a happy and productive team in the Customer Call Centre. The workload is very closely monitored so that the days pass steadily except under unexpected heavy loads. The company includes training to Certificate III level to fulfil RG146 standards. Management at call centre level includes Team Leaders, with a Sales or Service Manager above him, and a Call Centre Manager above them. The team are predominantly a mix of young and old, and the culture is family orientated, with a broad and diverse cultural spectrum. The hardest part of the job at the Allianz Call Centre is the rotating roster. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company social events.
Pros
Social club, awards ceremonies, and cheap insurance.
Cons
Rotating roster, average remuneration.
I currently work in the Motor claims department as part of the Total loss claims section. This includes the handling of corporate/fleet claims, broker claims as well as direct claims. This role requires a great attention to detail as well as working under pressure due to the large volume of claims and to ensure the insured's claim is settled correctly and promptly and the relevant authorities have been advised of the write off.Over the time here i have acted as Team Leader and as a Technical lead.As a senior claims consultant i act as a reference point for staff with any claims issues they make come across.I enjoy sharing my experience and knowledge and helping fellow staff.
Pros
building internal/external relationships with fellow staff and intermediaries, working as part of a team
Cons
internal progression
Current changes are in place and although I am very happy with the company, Unfortunately the changes have limit my growth. I enjoy working in all departments but with the changes, there will only be 1 department for each location. I am looking to expand my experience and grow further and higher.
It was quite busy, I learnt new deployment procedures. The project was well managed by the engineers and I had quite a reliable and cooperative team member. The hardest part of the job is the physical work but apart from that it was fun building and deploying desktops.
Professional skills Global communication Risk management skills Compliance
It was a great working environment and it was great to have normal 9 - 5 hours and all weekends and public holidays off, unlike the Police Force
Pros
Great working environment and great hours
Cons
purely office based, compared to being out and about
I enjoyed working for Allianz as I was able to learn different parts of the business for example: Mailroom, Data Entry, Call Centre. Allianz was flexible with start and finish times and I was lucky to be able to work from home once or twice a week. In my role I liaised with management on a day to day basis, which enabled me to build a good rap ore. In my role which I did on my own, I processed and paid all South Australia hospital accounts which also meant I was liaising with the hospitals on a regular basis. The hardest part of my role was reconciling the accounts, the hospitals would email me there spread sheet and post the accounts and on some occasions the spread sheet wouldn't tally with the accounts sent. I worked on my own for many years but for the last year I have trained a co-worker. The company regarded me highly as I was asked to process staff members claims. Over the years I have been recognised for my work ethics which I had a commendation.
Pros
Flexabilty, Recognition and Awards
My day at Allianz was split into two parts. The first part being processing work and the second half of the day would be spent speaking with customers on the phone. I would process invoices determine liability respond to emails and follow up my portfolio to make sure all claims were up to date. I would then spend the second half of the day speaking with customers, repairers, brokers and assessors. I would take inbound calls and also make outbound calls to follow up on claims. The most enjoyable part of my job was processing claims in a timely manner and receiving good feedback from customers.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Very repetitive and little opportunity for career progression.
Pleasant workmates, team spirits all around. Learned a lot about respect and mutual cooperation. The management is very supportive. My co-workers are very supportive, corteous and fun-loving. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all types of people on the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is achiving goals and targets.
Pros
Life and Work balance
Cons
The company is very much goal oriented
Good place to work. Lots of career pathways and good training.
Pros
company culture
Not a bad company to work for, good people to work with, the down side was not being able to help everyone
Pros
flexible starting and finishing times
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Allianz provides an equal opportunity environment. This employer provides great opportunities for career advancement and is supportive with internal retention and recruitment.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
located cbd only