ALLIED EXPRESS Employee Reviews

Worst transport company in Australia
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW1 April 2019
Where do you start with Allied ? Appalling rates to subbies $4 for pallets $5 home delivery which you’re doing at 7.30 at night liquor deliveries at night the list goes on.This company wants everything and will quote ridiculous prices to get customers.Permanent runs which you get paid $12.50 an hour !! Then when something goes wrong management tell subbies that you’re going to lose $200 a week from you to cover managements stuff ups.The Department of fair trading MUST be involved in the courier industries workings.You’ll notice Allied advertise every day looking for drivers,guess why ? The turnover is so high you might get 1 in 10 that stay on the rest leave dissolusioned by the experience.There is nothing good about Allied and it all starts from the top,the McDowells you have destroyed this business for your own greed,job well done.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for less than the minimum wage
I work long hours and they NEVER appreciated and they still want you to keep going..
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 March 2019
Dissatisfied with the company, 6 weeks pay they still owed me 👎👎😭😭 I'm struggling with my family until now, and seeking for help, to put food on my table for my kids to eat, this is a true story....
Pros
No break
Cons
Long hours everyday 12 to 14 hrs, where's the safety in the workmk place? Because the moment you saying something, they won't give you a job or pulled you out or sack you, by Terminate your contract..
Air conditioning
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Chullora NSW13 March 2019
At Air conditioning work more in residential and light commercial building apartment, shop, school or doctor medical office all Sydney area and city including
Pros
free lounge
Cons
free constant
Workplace conditions bad not allowed to go to TOILET LOW wages
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 March 2019
Waste of time wages low not enough for van maintenance should be investigated management very rude not needed not worth the effort for slave labour no lies
Cons
Over all the branch is great people great and fun
Account manager / Sales / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 October 2018
Hard to do your job with no support from HO.
But when it comes to your family needs i have to be honest they have been great .
Over all not too bad...
Pros
Small close team in the smaller branch
Cons
Pay
The quality of work was great
Warehouse Store person (Former Employee) –  Rocklea QLD14 October 2018
The work level was excellent.
I learnt some new forklift skills loading and unloading trucks.
The management was not so great.
The culture in the workplace was mixed evenly.
The hardest part of the job was working with brainless disrespectful people.
The most enjoyable part of the job the pay rate and the quality.
Owner truck driver
Sub - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 September 2018
Hey guy.
Please come to work at allied express. There was a good salary for me. If you are good at work get paid higher. As for me fantastic company..
Very stressful every day. Huge nepotism/ favouritism many unlawful dismissals bullying intimidation tactics. Lots of tears and not just the girls
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW9 September 2018
Incompetence promoted. Efficiency demoted. All depends on who you are and what your surname is and how good looking you are. No consistency. Many peer staff members are rude abusive and basically awful to fellow staff. Not allowed out of your chair. Unable to use bathroom unless no one else is out of chair and in there. ( it made 13 years of Catholic girls school run by nuns a walk in the park in comparison. Poorly rostered.
great people to work with
sweeping, mopping and waste management (Former Employee) –  Regency Park SA8 May 2018
i enjoyed working there but unfortunately my vehicle cant do no more and i dont have the funds to get it fix it cost way to much to replace, people there are great to work with
Dreadful place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW7 May 2018
A typical day at work was one spent in fear of being yelled at by the CEO or his daughter. Sick days were frowned upon. If you called in sick you better be in hospital. They send people to your house to check.
This was the worse place I ever worked. If you are considering a job here don't do it.
Pros
Cons
abusive and bullying culture
Place is full of awefulness
HR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chullora NSW19 March 2018
I worked there for one month. All staffs and worker are rude.They have no work ethics, especially the allocators are bully. Especially couple of them are Indian back ground and one Asian. LG warehouse supervisor is an another
Rude person. I don't recommend any one to work there.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Bullie staff, rude allocator, rude all supervisors
all over good
courier (Former Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC18 January 2018
Every moment was enjoyable and i learned team work their. Every day is good and management good and bad both. I liked to work their because their is more physical work etc.
Pros
good salary
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kewdale WA22 October 2017
I learnt a lot although being thrown in the deep end.
I learnt how to calculate measurements of items that were required to be loaded and what transport to send.
Pros
a lunch break
Cons
not enough education given
It was ok
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW19 October 2017
great working conditions job was easy, learnt how to use a RF scanner Most enjoyable was using the forklift driving, helping loading of trucks, was there for 2 months and never hear from them again, i was only there as a casual
Pros
Christmas party
average
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver sa27 July 2017
at times it was great working for allied express not happy with adhoc work craved a fulltime set run for security reasons many good people are at allied like most courier and logistic companies they take their drivers for granted and the rate of pay was/is very average
Pros
best courier/logistic company to work for
Cons
long hours and average rate of pay
hard work and commitment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  South Oakeligh26 July 2017
For a typical day at the office started with an early day reporting to the work station was a high expectation of concentration and boredom, as you were not free to get up and stretch and it made you fall asleep on the chair waiting for calls.
I learned to engage with clients and perform well for the advancement of the company.
The management was not as supportive as I expected but the work was straight forward with rules to follow.
The hardest part about the job is during the busy times when all the phones are flashing and the client is in a rush with multiple deliveries to submit.
The most enjoyable times was when the computers were down everybody deserved pizza for writing them down.
Pros
pizza's when the computer troubleshoots
Cons
could not leave the seats or take lunch with close friends
Frustration in Communicatios
Courier (Current Employee) –  Port Melbourne VIC 320728 April 2017
Early morning posts of daily jobs processes
I have learned the use of PDA
Management system does not really help new drivers
I find the workplace a bit untidy for a transport company
The hardest part of the job is to finish everything they throw at you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going around Melbourne and suburbs.
Pros
Heaps of jobs waiting
Cons
Finishing late into the night
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 April 2017
a typical day would be travelling to the pick and dropping off the goods. I learned about how to give good customer service and how to tie load restraints. I learned to improve my time management, workplace and culture. The hardest part of the job was finding the pick up and drop destinations. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid daily and having a stable job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
ad hoc work and not paid accurately
Not enough work for full salary
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2017
Too much down time without work or would get one job and then have to complete the one job without other work to make a good wage.
Management have favorites that never sit around waiting for work.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours for little paying jobs.
Busy, long hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosehill NSW31 January 2017
Worked in a shed in the warehouse, dirty, no proper office space.
Long hours, close to cafe for lunch. friendly and supportive staff.
Pros
Good money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLIED EXPRESS. Our community is ready to answer.