ALLIED EXPRESS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

ALLIED EXPRESS Employee Reviews

Australia51 reviews
workplace Gameplan
Get in have a talk with the workers , get in get it done , pump out the work hard before first break . Once first break is over switch up positions get as much done and then after lunch all get together to finish strong as a team .
Poor work ethics, Senior management unable to understand.Wanting everything yesterday
Poor senior management, very confrontational, Management unwilling to change with current employment trends. Poor recruitment of managers.
Poor workplace culture
Humble team
Allied were a humble team but some did not handle to well to stressful situations. Which could of been handled a lot better. But all in all great experience.
Horrible workplace (run the other way)
Horrible company to work for. Always felt like my job was on the line from week 1, they fired me a week before my probation and I was bring on sales, signing people up. It’s in the company culture to bully and fire people before their 6 months is up. Do not recommend
Pros
Cons
Terrible management. They choose when you go on holidays. If you are sick you will be in trouble!
Non pleasant company to work for
I had started the job here for on Tuesday the 25/02/2020 I was already sick at the time and the manager had told me I was doing great along with the two other girls whom was training me. I was taking notes and asking a lot of questions especially when something did not make sense to me. That afternoon the manager had told me I will be on the phones the following day.
Come Wednesday 26/02/2020 I was so sick where I had lost my voice and struggled to get up of the morning so I had rang through to Allied advising I was really sick and they could hear it in my voice also. About 2 hours later I had the manager contact me via phone saying she was letting me go and using a ridiculous excuse saying the two girls whom trained me didn't provide good feedback however when I had asked what the feedback was she went quiet and was unable to explain. The manager had given me uniform the day before along with my paper work to fill out which I had done the first day I started but there was no contract there either to state if I was on probation and of how long absolutely nothing explaining about the full-time position they had offered me. Overall the experience with Allied was horrible and will not recommend to anyone.
Would never work for this company
Would never work for this company poor offer in pay and discrimination with people that have tattoos it’s not like your getting a office job every other courier hires but these guys are the biggest judgmental idiots ever sorry just telling how it is ALLIED they made life a struggle I have bills to pay I brought my van I filled out the forms I pin pointed out the area and locations I’m Australian born citizen I’ve lived here my whole life and he spoke to me about pay and work then goes we can’t hire you because of your tattoos
good
it's a good place to work, Management of the company is too good, too co-operative and helpful. I learned about picking and packing. I learned about RF scanning.
Freight handling
Duty of care is not very good between workers and management,
Salary with no overtime and expectation to stay after hours to complete work left over, Poor management and little to no support from managment with issues regarding the workplace safety.
Pros
Workers are friendly, Mainly backpackers and agency workers.
Cons
Company is unprofessional
Not recoomended to work with this company
They are shifty from boss till operators .. never been fair send you a job end of the world and you come back empty it's not worth it . I
No comment
They really didn’t care about there contact drivers. They only care about revenue . They had to many turn over of driver. Plus management had a different view on what’s right and wrong. Never back the drivers word if there was a problem with there clients. As I said they only care about the revenue and keeping contracts
No good.
One of the most unorganised places I've ever been associated it. Prehistoric. The management were filthy pigs. When I left they froze my pay as they do with most. The best times were walking out each night. A few decent blokes working there but if when I way up the good and the bad the bad far outweighed the good. Management let you know when you'd made an error it positive feedback back was no existent.
The worst company
Customers note: please don’t use this Arrogant, disorganised, mis treated parcels, absolutely despicable of customers parcels... the worst courier company. I SEE THROUGH MY OWN EYES OF HOW THEY TREAT YOUR PARCELS, THATS WHY I LEFT!
Pros
Despicable
Cons
Disgusting!
The worst company
Never work with this company.
You are working like a contractor , however the operator pushing you to work overtime over 12 hrs and if you are refuse to do it. Guarantee the next day , you gonna get the worst job or less job.

Even they make it hard for you to go on holiday.
last resort
if u need work and have a vehicle...u can work...it is what it is....need a six pallet or 2 tonne van like ex ambulance to make money and cover costs...one tonne vans struggle to make ends meet...
Pretty poor management
Management is quite poor, made a lot of friends but most staff don’t seem very professional or helpful. Not a lot of work so making money is a bit hard.
Cons
Not the best paying job for the hours/petrol
Don’t ever work here
They have no respect for their staff, management will throw you under the bus any chance they can get to save themselves from getting in trouble. And god forbid if you have a sick day the manager will call or message you to say you need to come in.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
Working there
Don’t work here !
If your considering here don’t do it, when I cane into the job every one was so nice to begin than after a couple weeks they become two faced and you are always going be stressed cause they don’t know how to run a company it’s shocking how they are still a courier company! Can’t check tracking updates, can’t check gps can’t give ppl time frames... no real point unless ur happy to deal with constant complaining everyday cause that’s all the calls u will get n managers don’t wanna deal with it so u have to
Pros
Absolutely jack all
previous driver
Long working hours, less pay $4 to delivery 75" TV from LG to Manly, $5 to delivery Foxtel box, Low paid Add hoc jobs, Do one get one free( if you do one job with normal pay then you do another jobs with no pay or less), Every week extra jut from your pay, when allocate jobs pay different than your pay, very bed Management, Operators will push you to lose your demerit points,Their customer and Allied push drivers to work as slave , no any drivers rights, etc.................All is bed
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, hard working less pay
Worst transport company in Australia
Where do you start with Allied ? Appalling rates to subbies $4 for pallets $5 home delivery which you’re doing at 7.30 at night liquor deliveries at night the list goes on.This company wants everything and will quote ridiculous prices to get customers.Permanent runs which you get paid $12.50 an hour !! Then when something goes wrong management tell subbies that you’re going to lose $200 a week from you to cover managements stuff ups.The Department of fair trading MUST be involved in the courier industries workings.You’ll notice Allied advertise every day looking for drivers,guess why ? The turnover is so high you might get 1 in 10 that stay on the rest leave dissolusioned by the experience.There is nothing good about Allied and it all starts from the top,the McDowells you have destroyed this business for your own greed,job well done.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for less than the minimum wage
I work long hours and they NEVER appreciated and they still want you to keep going..
Dissatisfied with the company, 6 weeks pay they still owed me 👎👎😭😭 I'm struggling with my family until now, and seeking for help, to put food on my table for my kids to eat, this is a true story....
Pros
No break
Cons
Long hours everyday 12 to 14 hrs, where's the safety in the workmk place? Because the moment you saying something, they won't give you a job or pulled you out or sack you, by Terminate your contract..
Air conditioning
At Air conditioning work more in residential and light commercial building apartment, shop, school or doctor medical office all Sydney area and city including
Pros
free lounge
Cons
free constant