Ally Fashion
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews

Australia69 reviews
Someone needs to come in and shake up the head office and regional management across the board. Being micromanaged and having no flexibility to create a store that works for the area demographic isn’t helping the company, along with unrealistic work load. Co-workers and in store managers are amazing though.
The management on headquarters part is terrible, the discount is slim, and you can only receive it from certain team members. The rosters are released the Sunday of the week, and girls are nasty.
Pros
Good clothes

Discount

Co-workers

.................

Cons

Not a long term career

Weekend work

Pay

Work/life balance

Need to reach budget daily weekly monthly
Enjoyed working there. Over all staff were friendly and management were quite considerate. Pay rate was good. Casual staff were treated with respect and trained pretty well.
Ally is a pretty fun place to work, but it can be stressful. You must be aware of all customers at all times while keeping on top of your duties. Plus the clothes are really cute :9
I worked in the company for 7 years and would never recommend working there to any of my friends. I have so much energy and love a fast past store. Over the last 6 months it turned more into a task focus environment instead of a customer focus environment. They would always go on about how customers come first but cut all stores base hours and gave us a MASSIVE work load. To the point employees would have breakdowns or panic attacks.

They make up so many excuses with paying you the correct pay also.
The girls I worked with were absolutely lovely and made the experience better. It’s a very fast paced store which I personally enjoyed, there was rarely any relaxing time (as a Christmas casual) and you were constantly working. Although I found out I wasn’t staying on after Christmas by the rosters, and I was never spoken to about it by the store manager (which was expected) - quite a let down.
It was alright. Pretty basic, standard retail job. Management were really lovely though and most coworkers were great. Just did the exact same thing every single shift and it gets tedious. Probably one of the more boring jobs I’ve had.
Loved my job, until management made me hate it. No matter how long you are at this company, you are always treated like you are disposable. Do not care about your general well-being. Does not care enough to train their employees. Only upside is most store managers are amazing, higher management is awful.
Really relaxed but a tiny bit boring because store is so small but it benefits us keeping an eye on dodgy customers, good team in every store, good fun.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ally Fashion?
Unless you are part time or full time you are never guaranteed any hours and barely get any hours. I’ve been a casual there for over a year and we keep hiring even when we are at capacity. I have asked several time if I can be part time and showed that I am worthy of it but they won’t allow me to and just keep hiring more casuals as it supposedly cheaper for them as they don’t have to pay sick leave etc. shifts are never split fairly. For example got my last eat roster and I have five measly hours while other people who I may add are younger so cheaper have 20. I could be given one if there shifts so we both have two shifts with a total of 12.75 hours but nope hasn’t happened.
Pros
Discount is good
Cons
Shifts not distributed fairly. I have bills and need money and I can’t afford them.
I worked with this company for 5 years as a part timer, on multiple occasions asked to be put up into full time and every time have been told "we will train you up" never has it ever happened. They made me feel like im not good enough for the company to progress, if they dont like you or you dont fit their circle you wont go anywhere.
Head office/upper management dont offer any support, but expect way to much from their stores.
Pros
amazing team to work with, have made life long friends
Cons
Upper management is horrible, doesnt matter how long or how hard you work for them if they dont like you you wont get far
i enjoyed working there, great people as well, but the management was not very good. i was constantly not rostered even though i was available, every weekend. I am a school student and it was quite annoying to not get any hours
Was a good place to show your own fashion without getting judged. It has a nice work enviroment and the managers done their best to work towards your schedule.
I've had over 5 years of Retail experience but Ally Fashion has been the worst place I've ever worked at! Honestly if you can't deal with fake/judgmental people don't work at Ally Fashion

The manager that hired me was very sweet but I was hardly trained from the beginning and a lot of the other staff felt the same way. But, once the management changed it was even worse.

The regional manager met me on my third shift I've ever had at ally so, naturally I was still trying to find my feet in the store. Sadly, without even knowing my circumstances or my knowledge I was told by my new manager that the regional manager "doesn't like me" and ever since then my hours had been cut down to three hours a fortnight. as well as being watched like a hawk and nitpicked with everything.

it made me feel like once the regional manager had a judgement on me there was no way I could improve that or change her mind.

I've never felt so judge and bullied in a workplace ever. It feels like a the Ally Fashion is all about cliques...
Pros
discounts
Cons
judgmental management
Great staff but the manager and regional like to bully the younger girls and people with opinions different to theirs. Everything blamed on the last hired person and lied to the company on why she fired me
I loved working their. I only left so I could further my education but the company were very supportive and said their was always a room for me to come back.
Pros
Amazing staff
I worked in the Warehouse in Sydney and all I can say this that management does not care about their employees. They will treat you unfairly (especially if you're "colored"). Trying to report anything will lead to your termination. Doesn't matter how hard you worked, they will drop you at the first sign of trouble.
Pros
Cheap drinks at the vending machine?
Cons
A little bit of racist remarks flying around among other things
At Ally fashion it is very welcoming to all people and brings incitement to everyone including myself, The hardest part is the technology of the computer is quite slow and sadly there is no air conditioning,
Pros
Friendly
loved working for ally

great team and friendly environment

fast paced work load with great loyal customers.

built a lot of customer relationship with weekly customers
Pros
great rewards
Cons
being a casual hours vary
Interacting with customers daily, making sure to keep the store up to standard and striving to achieve targets.
I learned how to operate the till system as well as how to open and close the store.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5