Ally Fashion Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work if you need money
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW10 October 2019
Unless you are part time or full time you are never guaranteed any hours and barely get any hours. I’ve been a casual there for over a year and we keep hiring even when we are at capacity. I have asked several time if I can be part time and showed that I am worthy of it but they won’t allow me to and just keep hiring more casuals as it supposedly cheaper for them as they don’t have to pay sick leave etc. shifts are never split fairly. For example got my last eat roster and I have five measly hours while other people who I may add are younger so cheaper have 20. I could be given one if there shifts so we both have two shifts with a total of 12.75 hours but nope hasn’t happened.
Pros
Discount is good
Cons
Shifts not distributed fairly. I have bills and need money and I can’t afford them.
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 September 2019
I worked with this company for 5 years as a part timer, on multiple occasions asked to be put up into full time and every time have been told "we will train you up" never has it ever happened. They made me feel like im not good enough for the company to progress, if they dont like you or you dont fit their circle you wont go anywhere.
Head office/upper management dont offer any support, but expect way to much from their stores.
Pros
amazing team to work with, have made life long friends
Cons
Upper management is horrible, doesnt matter how long or how hard you work for them if they dont like you you wont get far
Very Productive
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren South VIC24 July 2019
Was a good place to show your own fashion without getting judged. It has a nice work enviroment and the managers done their best to work towards your schedule.
WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED Judgmental regional management
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA22 June 2019
I've had over 5 years of Retail experience but Ally Fashion has been the worst place I've ever worked at! Honestly if you can't deal with fake/judgmental people don't work at Ally Fashion

The manager that hired me was very sweet but I was hardly trained from the beginning and a lot of the other staff felt the same way. But, once the management changed it was even worse.

The regional manager met me on my third shift I've ever had at ally so, naturally I was still trying to find my feet in the store. Sadly, without even knowing my circumstances or my knowledge I was told by my new manager that the regional manager "doesn't like me" and ever since then my hours had been cut down to three hours a fortnight. as well as being watched like a hawk and nitpicked with everything.

it made me feel like once the regional manager had a judgement on me there was no way I could improve that or change her mind.

I've never felt so judge and bullied in a workplace ever. It feels like a the Ally Fashion is all about cliques...
Pros
discounts
Cons
judgmental management
Horrible
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 June 2019
Great staff but the manager and regional like to bully the younger girls and people with opinions different to theirs. Everything blamed on the last hired person and lied to the company on why she fired me
Amazing
Casual Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD31 May 2019
I loved working their. I only left so I could further my education but the company were very supportive and said their was always a room for me to come back.
Pros
Amazing staff
Management problems
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Camperdown NSW10 April 2019
I worked in the Warehouse in Sydney and all I can say this that management does not care about their employees. They will treat you unfairly (especially if you're "colored"). Trying to report anything will lead to your termination. Doesn't matter how hard you worked, they will drop you at the first sign of trouble.
Pros
Cheap drinks at the vending machine?
Cons
A little bit of racist remarks flying around among other things
Productive and fun workplace with Fashion
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 April 2019
At Ally fashion it is very welcoming to all people and brings incitement to everyone including myself, The hardest part is the technology of the computer is quite slow and sadly there is no air conditioning,
Pros
Friendly
Great company
Casual / Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW13 March 2019
loved working for ally

great team and friendly environment
fast paced work load with great loyal customers.
built a lot of customer relationship with weekly customers
Pros
great rewards
Cons
being a casual hours vary
Productive and fun workplace
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Watertown, Perth, Western Australia13 March 2019
Interacting with customers daily, making sure to keep the store up to standard and striving to achieve targets.
I learned how to operate the till system as well as how to open and close the store.
productive and fun place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 February 2019
A productive workplace where everyone helps each other to reach business goals and organizing and management is top priority to achieve whats needed . customer service is the most important factor in being a successful business.
Unprofessional
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW15 January 2019
From experience THE WORST!! that’s all I can say the store I worked at the people were amazing howeverrr.....The way things have been handled were very unprofessional and disappointing ! While I was working there my training had not been provided in full expecting me to know everything, me being a casual worker asking a “manager” that I’m missing my pay? However regional manager of Ally fashion has been very rude and unprofessional. She has no respect for the Ally team and has caused many issues, countless times! ’This is unethical and frustrating! Definitely do not recommend this company
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Very Unprofessional management
Casual retail assistant
RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 December 2018
Girls were great to work with. Clothes were nice. High turn over with managers and regional managers.
Head office/management offer no support. Basically on your own.
No work/life balance, if you’re not able to make a shift due to a child being sick then your hours get cut.
Pros
Girls were great to work with
Cons
Not true retailers at heart
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2018
Within Head Office, there is lack of method, structure and sense that leads the business to succeed.
Although everyone there has the best interests at heart, they cannot make significant commercial decisions on how to run a retail business which significantly impacts the ability to support instore teams.
Lack of communication, poor culture and lack of progression means that this business will struggle to produce the level of retailers that can be successful in another business.
I wish they had of listened to feedback instead of telling everyone to simply ‘get over’ things that were not improving the performance or the culture of the company.
Pros
Some team
Cons
A mix of no management and then micromanagement with no real respect
laid back work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW11 November 2018
Ally Fashion has a fairly laid back work environment. Generally there will only be two employees at a time which allows you to form close work bonds with other employees.

Ally Fashion is a fun place of work, especially if you have considerable interest in the female fashion industry.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
If you going to work at ally dont
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW6 November 2018
Its 2018 and I have been hired by ally in Sydney, I've been for 4 months , I've actually been hired as manger nope not even !! It was false information false advertisement bad communication, no training, barbie doll employees who literally are judgemental , discrimination 150% bad , I would very much like to speak to the owner of ally fashion on how unprofessional their staff are , customer service was not good the ladys there didn't pay attention to our buyers it was just all wrong, and everyone just looked like barbie dolls !!! Do something about it !!! People who for a company and there behavior is disgusting the store will not make money ! And reputation will be exposed on current affairs!!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutely most unprofessional place to work
terrible experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 October 2018
ally was the worst place to work. the girls were very rude and judgmental. they criticized my every move and watched me like a hawk. i did not feel wanted and was picked on for my fashion style which was a simple t-shirt and jeans look. the management was bad and she was so young with little experience. breaks were bad. pay was bad. all in all the worst place that i have worked there was no culture, variety or equality about i,t you either packed your face with make up and wore crop tops or you weren't welcomed to work their. disgusting! ally really needs to focus on diversity and equality. especially with staff and also customers. everyone should feel welcomed.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad hours, no culture terrible staff
Average Retail Job
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 September 2018
I personally was able to grow in this company and progressed quite quickly from a casual to a 2IC. Overall it was a pleasant experience but towards the end of my time there the management seemed to head downhill causing a loss of interest and happiness towards the job. I felt pressure from those above me to comply with whatever they deemed correct and somewhat lost a sense of who I was as a person and wasn't able to really do things the way I felt were true to who I was. It became harder and harder to trust the information given to me and would only recommend it as a casual or part-time level. I felt like it took over my whole life and I wasn't able to keep it separate from the other parts of my life i.e. focusing on my future career as I was always worrying about the store. The balance just wasn't there and for a retail job (not even a high-end one) I felt that it caused myself and my other team members more stress than it should have. Definitely walking away a different person than I was 6 months ago when I would have done anything for the company.
Pros
Discounted clothing, options to somewhat progress until they stop you and make you feel like you're not enough
Cons
Sick leave doesn't get put through even with a cert, management force you into positions you don't want, withheld information, didn't take into account my wellbeing ever.
stressful, unprofessional environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myer Centre, ADL12 September 2018
Girls are really rude, regional managers are overbearing, given unrealistic hours, not paid for staying over time as well as not being allowed to leave unless tasks are completed with no pay.
Pros
break times are a good amount of time for hours worked
Cons
break times are different for each individual store, unrealistic budget figures
Very toxic and unhappy workplace
Admin/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney11 September 2018
Ally was quite a depressing and a sad environment to be in. Many toxic employees who did not have anyones best interests at heart. There was quite a bit of bullying going on within the head office, even from management.
I pride myself on my work ethic and always got my job/daily duties done however I felt my every move was being watched and I was being extremely micro-managed. I would even get questioned every time I needed to go to the bathroom.
I developed a lot of stress and anxiety working at Ally as during this time I had no healthy work/life balance and not one person within the company made an effort to be friendly or supportive which made life going to work quite difficult.
Pros
Cons
bad people, unfair treatment, long hours, under paid