Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Great team (most of the time) poor pay and upper management

Constantly shifting expectations from head office made it hard to stay ahead of the curve. If you were in a performing store you were treated like the golden child, but if your KPIs slipped (even during Covid-19 impacts on stock levels resulting in no products to actually sell!) you were instantly performance managed. Head office constantly cutting hours (some stores you will work by yourself all day and be lucky to get a half hour cover from a near by store, or shut the shop for 30 minutes!) Store employees are great and hardworking - your team in store is what makes it worth it.

Avoid this place

Ally fashion is atrocious. The company is run absolutely shockingly. Most girls have very little/poor training. Store Managers project stress onto employees. Salary is a joke. Constantly understaffed and staff turnover is high because of the working environment. I dreaded going to work at this place and other staff members/former employees have the same opinion. Customers are constantly angry with staff about things head office controls; mainly the lengthy return/exchange policies. They do not care about staff and you are not valued as an employee. AVOID and do not waste your time with this place.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Stressful and under pressure

Not supportive with your own personal problems and will replace you if you miss work whilst having your own problems at home. A lot of talk about the workers who aren’t as good as them.

BAD CULTURE!! Extremely ungrateful

The worst company I’ve ever worked for. Hands down! Culture is negative, toxic, ungrateful and micromanaged. VM arrangement is strange and you’re in a creative role but you can’t be creative. Upper management is out of touch and don’t take on feedback from stores with ways to better stores and customer satisfaction. You work harder not smarter. Stay away and don’t apply!! Trust me

Fun and ever changing environment

Great company to work for , other staff members and management friendly and supportive. Lots of fun building relationships with customers new and returning , and seeing fashion products arrive in-store . Requires enthusiasm and energy to get everything done and meet goals , definitely recommend if you want a customer service oriented role .

Relaxed and enjoyable

Overall a great company to work for, have had little to no issue with upper management. Majority of the role is just customer service, setting up any sale/new season signage and just making sure the store is clean and tidy at the end of the day - not hard work at all.

Honesty

Some nasty girls and rude management.Besides the toxicity that goes on, it can be a fun working environment, especially if you love fashion and want to gain experience in the field.

Pros

40% discount. Fashion retail experience. No experience required (training is provided)

Cons

Salary. Toxicity. Management.

Fun and great teamwork

I enjoyed it, you were never alone during Christmas time (christmas casual), the team worked very well together, you are assigned a task and get rotated. Very fast oaced during busy hours so time flies. The only thing i didn't like is how high some of the clothes are hung

Pros

Great teamwork, lovely staff

Cons

High to reach clothes for the shorties

Fun for a young person

There was a lot of work place toxicity. They will cancel your holidays on you as they see fit. The other staff are great, the manager in my area was rude and demeaning. It can be a fun place to work for a young person, as an older manager, this place lacked a place for me.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Very productive and fun place to work

Ally Fashion is a reliable and safe space filled with teamwork and a relaxed vibe when working. Everyone is always so friendly and has a smile on there face.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

Sometimes long days

Second job

Ally fashion. Is a fast, friendly, fun and fresh atmosphere to work in. Amazing team members who are determined to get the job done! Friendly and easy to talk to. My manger is great. Always there to help but also push you to do the best that you can in the job. Very encouraging to! Definitely recommend working here

Productive and Fun place to work

Positive experiences, friendly staff, excellent staff discount, In store training online training, Christmas Casuals needed, flexible Rosters, fair pay, fun place to work. 😄

Excellent Company to work for

Friendly Staff members , generous discounts , fun work environment, very supportive training . always there to help . Christmas Casuals are much needed , flexibility within shifts .

Pros

Discounts

Great Company to work for

Positive experiences, friendly staff, staff discounts, in-store training, online training, Christmas casuals needed, flexible work rosters, fair pay, fun work place

Great place to work!

Incredible place to work - great growth, endless opportunities and great collaborative environment! Supportive and always heard. If you want to work with a great team - this is the place for you!

Poorly managed workplace

There is no contact between staff members and management. You are treated poorly and nothing is ever followed up on. The expectations are very high with absolutely no training

Worst company I’ve ever worked for.

I worked at Ally for over a year, in that time we turned over more then 15-20 staff members due to poor pay, terrible management and overall terrible life/work balance. Expect to be called in most days and asked to work on your days off, management have high standards but do nothing to ensure the team is well trained and looked after. Unless you’re able to work open to close 5 days a week then they won’t give you any hours. Pays we’re put in late nearly every time with no explanation as to why, people are put into positions they didn’t get asked about and then paid a lower rate. Most team members were underpaid over $5 an hour. Overall don’t work here, If I read the job reviews before starting here, I never would’ve taken the job.

Retail Job

Basic retail job.Every second weekend off on a rotating roster.Average payCulture is good if you build yourself the right team & work hard.Can tell buisness is trying hard to grow

The absolute worst.

Every single thing about this company is nasty and unorganised. The work culture here is disgusting. Head office are the absolute worst to work with and deal with.

Good work, fun colleagues, terrible management

I loved working at Ally Fashion until the management continued to deteriorate. The co-workers were lovely, hard-working and fun but management (and I mean upper, not store manager) were unrealistic and incredibly invasive. They would routinely ignore availabilities, guilt staff, lie to new staff about their entitlements and rights (to the point the union got involved) and call you at outrageous times out of hours. They tried to enforce policies like 'find your own cover' even in situations of emergency. Overall, I left because management tried to take advantage of me and even bullied senior members into doing unpaid overtime. If the management were better trained, I could see Ally being a fantastic environment to work in.

Enjoyable job, difficult co-workers

Job itself is nice if you are a fan of ally clothes to begin with. Enjoy working register, sorting clothes and assisting customers. Store management and staff were the only frustrating and challenging aspect of this job. The store is very rarely busy , average 2 customers in store at a time and plenty empty store time.But manager acts like it’s a pressure cooker and gotta get the clothes back on racks in a huge hurry and then wasting hours and hours steam ironing clothes and prioritising this over actually helping customers.

Pros

Job duties e.g. cash register, daytime job

Cons

Management, staff, job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with