Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD7 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

It is their way or the highway!

A typical day at work involves short shifts but not enough shifts if youre a casual staff member. The management are not so great and the culture stinks. The hardest part of the job is exceeding high KPI targerts if you work in a low traffic-volume store. The most enjoyable part is working closely with lovely staff members and making life long friendships! What I learned is that if you don't give your all in this position and have other commitments e.g. Uni, they wont be to pleased if you need to swap shifts. Not many people work here for long amounts of time. Few months to a year at most.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Too many casuals. not enough shifts to share!

Terrible management and head office.

No support for SM or 2IC. Time wasting jobs, unrealistic time frames and give you too many things to do in a short time. No work life balance and way to stressful for a retail job.

Pros

Discount

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Stress inducing job

From the moment I started working here I went through a lot of stress. Workplace bullying was a big problem. I quit due to being thrown in the deep end and when I asked for help no one wanted to be there, I tried my hardest to keep my workplace going for a month with no management in my store. Yet all I had was negative words and accusations said about me and my work ethic. The day I quit my regional didn't terminate my employment, so a month later I had to double check what was going on and I still was employed? Big miscommunications happen in this company.

Would never work there again.

I worked in the company for 7 years and would never recommend working there to any of my friends. I have so much energy and love a fast past store. Over the last 6 months it turned more into a task focus environment instead of a customer focus environment. They would always go on about how customers come first but cut all stores base hours and gave us a MASSIVE work load. To the point employees would have breakdowns or panic attacks. They make up so many excuses with paying you the correct pay also.

Casual employee? More like a prisoner!

I was a casual employee in 2016 in Brisbane QLD areas. The staff discount is 35% off clothing which isn't much compared to other brand staff discounts e.g. cotton on group or just group. Being a casual employee for Ally Fashion means 'no job security' in hind sight. Don't ever think about calling in sick because quite a lot of managers question you and then cut your shifts for two weeks. (Being an employee there I have heard this happening many times aswell as it happening to myself which then resulted in termination of employment when I was going to report it to fair work union etc). Unfortunately I had just missed the cut off for the casual employee laws in QLD/Australia. I had 4 months instead of 6 months of employment. I needed an extra 2 months in order to have a case of unfair dismissal. Most of the employees are nice but I wouldn't ever look the managers or merchandisers in the eye. I was the best casual at my store and I only got 6-9 hours a week (highest out of the three of us casuals at the store).. 1 day a week and one day a weekend. I could barely live. Not to mention you cannot be employed with another fashion retailer e.g cotton on because this would clash with ally fashions policies etc of employment. The pay rates for casuals are quite good but unfortunately that is all that is good about this company. The store managers are mostly unprofessional and lazy. Casual girls in most stores did all of the harder work. I have also seen regional managers make full time employees cry and then dismissed for showing emotion. I am not even lying this actually has -

Pros

Working in different stores, meeting new people

Cons

emotional workplace, staff discount is poor, bad environment

Great Team

Ally was an easy and rewarding job. The team was always great to work with and always had a positive vibe. Customer's were always lovely.

Fast pace work environment

I serve customers and process sales. I clean the store daily. Management are nice. I have learnt that there is no progression for me as an employee of ally. My co workers are nice. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.

Pros

People I work with

Cons

Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with