Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC7 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Not bad

The girls I worked with were absolutely lovely and made the experience better. It’s a very fast paced store which I personally enjoyed, there was rarely any relaxing time (as a Christmas casual) and you were constantly working. Although I found out I wasn’t staying on after Christmas by the rosters, and I was never spoken to about it by the store manager (which was expected) - quite a let down.

Honesty

Some nasty girls and rude management.Besides the toxicity that goes on, it can be a fun working environment, especially if you love fashion and want to gain experience in the field.

Pros

40% discount. Fashion retail experience. No experience required (training is provided)

Cons

Salary. Toxicity. Management.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun workplace with Fashion

At Ally fashion it is very welcoming to all people and brings incitement to everyone including myself, The hardest part is the technology of the computer is quite slow and sadly there is no air conditioning,

Pros

Friendly

productive and fun place

A productive workplace where everyone helps each other to reach business goals and organizing and management is top priority to achieve whats needed . customer service is the most important factor in being a successful business.

Not true retailers at heart

Within Head Office, there is lack of method, structure and sense that leads the business to succeed. Although everyone there has the best interests at heart, they cannot make significant commercial decisions on how to run a retail business which significantly impacts the ability to support instore teams. Lack of communication, poor culture and lack of progression means that this business will struggle to produce the level of retailers that can be successful in another business. I wish they had of listened to feedback instead of telling everyone to simply ‘get over’ things that were not improving the performance or the culture of the company.

Pros

Some team

Cons

A mix of no management and then micromanagement with no real respect

Average Retail Job

I personally was able to grow in this company and progressed quite quickly from a casual to a 2IC. Overall it was a pleasant experience but towards the end of my time there the management seemed to head downhill causing a loss of interest and happiness towards the job. I felt pressure from those above me to comply with whatever they deemed correct and somewhat lost a sense of who I was as a person and wasn't able to really do things the way I felt were true to who I was. It became harder and harder to trust the information given to me and would only recommend it as a casual or part-time level. I felt like it took over my whole life and I wasn't able to keep it separate from the other parts of my life i.e. focusing on my future career as I was always worrying about the store. The balance just wasn't there and for a retail job (not even a high-end one) I felt that it caused myself and my other team members more stress than it should have. Definitely walking away a different person than I was 6 months ago when I would have done anything for the company.

Pros

Discounted clothing, options to somewhat progress until they stop you and make you feel like you're not enough

Cons

Sick leave doesn't get put through even with a cert, management force you into positions you don't want, withheld information, didn't take into account my wellbeing ever.

Disgusting Experience

Hired as a full timer. Quit after short period of time. Training provided was appalling. Terrible. The team of girls I worked with were nasty and didn't follow directives well, but then complained that I couldn't lead. Management provided no support or direction. Salary isn't great, and benefits don't make up for it. Strict expectations yet no support given to meet said expectations. LONG HOURS. Expected to work overtime with no pay. Poor experience and the worst job I've ever had. Period.

Pros

35% off clothes

Cons

Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with