Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA9 reviews

2.9Pay & Benefits

Great team (most of the time) poor pay and upper management

Constantly shifting expectations from head office made it hard to stay ahead of the curve. If you were in a performing store you were treated like the golden child, but if your KPIs slipped (even during Covid-19 impacts on stock levels resulting in no products to actually sell!) you were instantly performance managed. Head office constantly cutting hours (some stores you will work by yourself all day and be lucky to get a half hour cover from a near by store, or shut the shop for 30 minutes!) Store employees are great and hardworking - your team in store is what makes it worth it.

Avoid this place

Ally fashion is atrocious. The company is run absolutely shockingly. Most girls have very little/poor training. Store Managers project stress onto employees. Salary is a joke. Constantly understaffed and staff turnover is high because of the working environment. I dreaded going to work at this place and other staff members/former employees have the same opinion. Customers are constantly angry with staff about things head office controls; mainly the lengthy return/exchange policies. They do not care about staff and you are not valued as an employee. AVOID and do not waste your time with this place.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible place to work

I worked with this company for 5 years as a part timer, on multiple occasions asked to be put up into full time and every time have been told "we will train you up" never has it ever happened. They made me feel like im not good enough for the company to progress, if they dont like you or you dont fit their circle you wont go anywhere. Head office/upper management dont offer any support, but expect way to much from their stores.

Pros

amazing team to work with, have made life long friends

Cons

Upper management is horrible, doesnt matter how long or how hard you work for them if they dont like you you wont get far

Productive and fun workplace

Interacting with customers daily, making sure to keep the store up to standard and striving to achieve targets. I learned how to operate the till system as well as how to open and close the store.

terrible experience

ally was the worst place to work. the girls were very rude and judgmental. they criticized my every move and watched me like a hawk. i did not feel wanted and was picked on for my fashion style which was a simple t-shirt and jeans look. the management was bad and she was so young with little experience. breaks were bad. pay was bad. all in all the worst place that i have worked there was no culture, variety or equality about i,t you either packed your face with make up and wore crop tops or you weren't welcomed to work their. disgusting! ally really needs to focus on diversity and equality. especially with staff and also customers. everyone should feel welcomed.

Pros

Cons

bad pay, bad hours, no culture terrible staff

Horrible upper management with bullying tactics

Quit job recently due to unfair work conditions. No support or compassion from upper management. Worked with the most AMAZING team of women in store who all dealt and are dealing with only what I can describe as an absolute bully of upper management. This company is a lawsuit waiting to happen. They don’t comply with work safe regulations either. Have fair works on speed dial because your gonna need it!!!!

Pros

Meeting amazing customers, amazing sales staff

Cons

Upper management on their power trip

Where do I even begin

Can absolutely agree with majority of the management team being bully’s and not supportive whatsoever seems as if my AM didnt know the meaning of encouragement, but they are very good at finding something you did wrong, making sure you knew it and taking action. I worked very hard for this company for a couple of years only to have it thrown back in my face. I could sit here a list 100’s of awful things that happened to me and other hard working people during mine time at Ally, but just take my word that this company is hostile, undermining and unappreciative. Upper management are the root of the entire problem and their negativity trickles down onto management and into the stores.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Upper management

fast paced work place

Ally was a very face paced and on your toes kind of job, the store was always busy, which is always fun, working in a fast paced environment was easy for me and showed me that i work well under stress. I learnt how to handle cash, use the eftpos, stock-take and much more.

Pros

I learnt aot

Cons

was only a Christmas casual

would only suggest working here if you have thick skin

Experienced bullying from the leadership team. Found it hard to progress despite working extremely hard. The company runs on a pure friend based scheme and will only let you advance if you fit into a certain circle of friends within the management team and agree to everything they say and do. Despite this the store is great and at times it was a fun work environment. Had to deal with copious amounts of threats from shop lifters and abuse including being hit and the company did nothing to make sure this never happen again.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Bullying among management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with