Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW9 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Casual retail assistant

Girls were great to work with. Clothes were nice. High turn over with managers and regional managers. Head office/management offer no support. Basically on your own. No work/life balance, if you’re not able to make a shift due to a child being sick then your hours get cut.

Pros

Girls were great to work with

BAD CULTURE!! Extremely ungrateful

The worst company I’ve ever worked for. Hands down! Culture is negative, toxic, ungrateful and micromanaged. VM arrangement is strange and you’re in a creative role but you can’t be creative. Upper management is out of touch and don’t take on feedback from stores with ways to better stores and customer satisfaction. You work harder not smarter. Stay away and don’t apply!! Trust me

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to work!

Incredible place to work - great growth, endless opportunities and great collaborative environment! Supportive and always heard. If you want to work with a great team - this is the place for you!

Would not recommend people to work there

* lots of politics within the workplace* horrible management * favouritism* only positives are the cheap products but qualities of the products are no good either

Pros

cheap products, nice office

Cons

horrible workplace culture

Very toxic and unhappy workplace

Ally was quite a depressing and a sad environment to be in. Many toxic employees who did not have anyones best interests at heart. There was quite a bit of bullying going on within the head office, even from management. I pride myself on my work ethic and always got my job/daily duties done however I felt my every move was being watched and I was being extremely micro-managed. I would even get questioned every time I needed to go to the bathroom. I developed a lot of stress and anxiety working at Ally as during this time I had no healthy work/life balance and not one person within the company made an effort to be friendly or supportive which made life going to work quite difficult.

Pros

Cons

bad people, unfair treatment, long hours, under paid

Fashion retail store

Fashion retail store for ladies everyday wear, in central city Sydney (QVB) busy and fast paced environment. Early starts and closes at around 6pm Mon-Fri, later on Thursday nights.

Fun workplace

Working at Ally Fashion was a truly interesting story of mine. They were keen on a graphic designer for promoting their new collection. So, I have just appeared right in time. I needed to produce a brochure of 12 pages within a few days. That was quite a challenge, but finally, I've managed to achieve it. However, my reward was only a pat on the back, but nothing financial. I am not a needy person, especially when I have the chance to do what I love. And the crew was also awesome, their mindset was truly open, they were real players overall. But the lack of financial reward finally forced me to look for another living.

Ally fashion review

Company is poorly run, unachievable expectations, rudeness and bullying from staff members higher up than assistants, nil support, overworked, unsupportive, hard to get appropriate shifts, no understanding of university or other commitments

Cons

no enough work

Enjoyable atmosphere

Overall I was blessed to work in 3 different stores and have amazing teams. I enjoyed going to work and being surrounded with positive outgoing employees. I had great relationships with all my team members and this made going to work enjoyable for me. As the Manager I did have a lot of responsibilities. Always keeping the store presentable was high on my list. Merchandising was a on going duty that had to be done everyday. With 70+ new styles each week I had to keep my store looking fresh and new. Though my team was amazing I felt I didn't have the support I needed from head office. Working in Manly where the store is positioned outside unfortunately my team and I had no access to air condition. This made the store hot and unbearable to work in. With no access to a breeze through the store I felt head office gave us no help in trying to fix our working condition. The store still remains in this condition. Overall I have learnt that without support there is only so much you can do. I believe I supported my team in every situation both work and personal hence why our store was always running so smoothly. The hardest part of my job would be leaving. If management was as supportive as I was to my team I believe I would of stayed. But with moving my personal life around to manager 3 different stores, making all of them a success and no help in between it had pushed me to the point of wanting more and felt unfortunately this company was not for me.

Pros

clothing discount

Cons

no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with

Learn about Ally Fashion in Sydney NSW

• Ally Fashion
  • Sydney NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?