Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate19 reviews
Australia19 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Good work, fun colleagues, terrible management

I loved working at Ally Fashion until the management continued to deteriorate. The co-workers were lovely, hard-working and fun but management (and I mean upper, not store manager) were unrealistic and incredibly invasive. They would routinely ignore availabilities, guilt staff, lie to new staff about their entitlements and rights (to the point the union got involved) and call you at outrageous times out of hours. They tried to enforce policies like 'find your own cover' even in situations of emergency. Overall, I left because management tried to take advantage of me and even bullied senior members into doing unpaid overtime. If the management were better trained, I could see Ally being a fantastic environment to work in.

Stressful and under pressure

Not supportive with your own personal problems and will replace you if you miss work whilst having your own problems at home. A lot of talk about the workers who aren’t as good as them.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

The worst company you can work for.

I worked for ally for 8 months when I was 16-17. They made me completely tasks that were unsafe for a person my age (such as carrying large amounts of cash across the shopping center, a managers job) and leaving me as the only staff member on for extended periods of up to 6 hours. Along with this I was unfairly dismissed with no warning or even being told that I no longer had a job there, because I had a second job that interfered in no way. Both sore management and overall management is extremely poor and staff mistreatment is normalised. If you have the option do NOT work for this company

Terrible management and head office.

No support for SM or 2IC. Time wasting jobs, unrealistic time frames and give you too many things to do in a short time. No work life balance and way to stressful for a retail job.

Pros

Discount

Stress inducing job

From the moment I started working here I went through a lot of stress. Workplace bullying was a big problem. I quit due to being thrown in the deep end and when I asked for help no one wanted to be there, I tried my hardest to keep my workplace going for a month with no management in my store. Yet all I had was negative words and accusations said about me and my work ethic. The day I quit my regional didn't terminate my employment, so a month later I had to double check what was going on and I still was employed? Big miscommunications happen in this company.

Good

Enjoyed working there. Over all staff were friendly and management were quite considerate. Pay rate was good. Casual staff were treated with respect and trained pretty well.

Not bad

The girls I worked with were absolutely lovely and made the experience better. It’s a very fast paced store which I personally enjoyed, there was rarely any relaxing time (as a Christmas casual) and you were constantly working. Although I found out I wasn’t staying on after Christmas by the rosters, and I was never spoken to about it by the store manager (which was expected) - quite a let down.

Amazing

I loved working their. I only left so I could further my education but the company were very supportive and said their was always a room for me to come back.

Pros

Amazing staff

Productive and fun workplace with Fashion

At Ally fashion it is very welcoming to all people and brings incitement to everyone including myself, The hardest part is the technology of the computer is quite slow and sadly there is no air conditioning,

Pros

Friendly

Great company

loved working for ally great team and friendly environment fast paced work load with great loyal customers. built a lot of customer relationship with weekly customers

Pros

great rewards

Cons

being a casual hours vary

Productive and fun workplace

Interacting with customers daily, making sure to keep the store up to standard and striving to achieve targets. I learned how to operate the till system as well as how to open and close the store.

productive and fun place

A productive workplace where everyone helps each other to reach business goals and organizing and management is top priority to achieve whats needed . customer service is the most important factor in being a successful business.

Casual retail assistant

Girls were great to work with. Clothes were nice. High turn over with managers and regional managers. Head office/management offer no support. Basically on your own. No work/life balance, if you’re not able to make a shift due to a child being sick then your hours get cut.

Pros

Girls were great to work with

Average Retail Job

I personally was able to grow in this company and progressed quite quickly from a casual to a 2IC. Overall it was a pleasant experience but towards the end of my time there the management seemed to head downhill causing a loss of interest and happiness towards the job. I felt pressure from those above me to comply with whatever they deemed correct and somewhat lost a sense of who I was as a person and wasn't able to really do things the way I felt were true to who I was. It became harder and harder to trust the information given to me and would only recommend it as a casual or part-time level. I felt like it took over my whole life and I wasn't able to keep it separate from the other parts of my life i.e. focusing on my future career as I was always worrying about the store. The balance just wasn't there and for a retail job (not even a high-end one) I felt that it caused myself and my other team members more stress than it should have. Definitely walking away a different person than I was 6 months ago when I would have done anything for the company.

Pros

Discounted clothing, options to somewhat progress until they stop you and make you feel like you're not enough

Cons

Sick leave doesn't get put through even with a cert, management force you into positions you don't want, withheld information, didn't take into account my wellbeing ever.

It is their way or the highway!

A typical day at work involves short shifts but not enough shifts if youre a casual staff member. The management are not so great and the culture stinks. The hardest part of the job is exceeding high KPI targerts if you work in a low traffic-volume store. The most enjoyable part is working closely with lovely staff members and making life long friendships! What I learned is that if you don't give your all in this position and have other commitments e.g. Uni, they wont be to pleased if you need to swap shifts. Not many people work here for long amounts of time. Few months to a year at most.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Too many casuals. not enough shifts to share!

terrific

amazing people, lovely to work with. management always looks out for you. treated exceptionally well. every one makes sure youre okay and always lending helping hands.

Pros

amazing staff, always have eachothers backs.

Cons

nothing.

Great Team

Ally was an easy and rewarding job. The team was always great to work with and always had a positive vibe. Customer's were always lovely.

great atmosphere

i loved everything about this workplace , everyday was different , the customers were great, management was great, hardest part would be having to lift heavy boxes of clothes , the most enjoyable was everything

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Productive, creative, fast learner, hard worker

- Hard working - Focused - Good with customers - I learn quickly - I am polite to co-workers - I'm bubbly and I enjoy my days at work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with

• Ally Fashion
  • Retail Sales Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?