Ally Fashion

Sales Assistant39 reviews
Australia39 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Enjoyable job, difficult co-workers

Job itself is nice if you are a fan of ally clothes to begin with. Enjoy working register, sorting clothes and assisting customers. Store management and staff were the only frustrating and challenging aspect of this job. The store is very rarely busy , average 2 customers in store at a time and plenty empty store time.But manager acts like it’s a pressure cooker and gotta get the clothes back on racks in a huge hurry and then wasting hours and hours steam ironing clothes and prioritising this over actually helping customers.

Pros

Job duties e.g. cash register, daytime job

Cons

Management, staff, job security

Avoid this place

Ally fashion is atrocious. The company is run absolutely shockingly. Most girls have very little/poor training. Store Managers project stress onto employees. Salary is a joke. Constantly understaffed and staff turnover is high because of the working environment. I dreaded going to work at this place and other staff members/former employees have the same opinion. Customers are constantly angry with staff about things head office controls; mainly the lengthy return/exchange policies. They do not care about staff and you are not valued as an employee. AVOID and do not waste your time with this place.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Fun and ever changing environment

Great company to work for , other staff members and management friendly and supportive. Lots of fun building relationships with customers new and returning , and seeing fashion products arrive in-store . Requires enthusiasm and energy to get everything done and meet goals , definitely recommend if you want a customer service oriented role .

Honesty

Some nasty girls and rude management.Besides the toxicity that goes on, it can be a fun working environment, especially if you love fashion and want to gain experience in the field.

Pros

40% discount. Fashion retail experience. No experience required (training is provided)

Cons

Salary. Toxicity. Management.

Fun and great teamwork

I enjoyed it, you were never alone during Christmas time (christmas casual), the team worked very well together, you are assigned a task and get rotated. Very fast oaced during busy hours so time flies. The only thing i didn't like is how high some of the clothes are hung

Pros

Great teamwork, lovely staff

Cons

High to reach clothes for the shorties

Second job

Ally fashion. Is a fast, friendly, fun and fresh atmosphere to work in. Amazing team members who are determined to get the job done! Friendly and easy to talk to. My manger is great. Always there to help but also push you to do the best that you can in the job. Very encouraging to! Definitely recommend working here

Productive and Fun place to work

Positive experiences, friendly staff, excellent staff discount, In store training online training, Christmas Casuals needed, flexible Rosters, fair pay, fun place to work. 😄

Excellent Company to work for

Friendly Staff members , generous discounts , fun work environment, very supportive training . always there to help . Christmas Casuals are much needed , flexibility within shifts .

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Worst company I’ve ever worked for.

I worked at Ally for over a year, in that time we turned over more then 15-20 staff members due to poor pay, terrible management and overall terrible life/work balance. Expect to be called in most days and asked to work on your days off, management have high standards but do nothing to ensure the team is well trained and looked after. Unless you’re able to work open to close 5 days a week then they won’t give you any hours. Pays we’re put in late nearly every time with no explanation as to why, people are put into positions they didn’t get asked about and then paid a lower rate. Most team members were underpaid over $5 an hour. Overall don’t work here, If I read the job reviews before starting here, I never would’ve taken the job.

Unsupportive & Unprofessional Ethics

Be prepared to work for free, and if they ask you to bank hours as time in lieu when you're PPT or FT be prepared to never see your TOIL.Don't get sick, too inconvenient and once again if you are PPT or FT be prepared to fight to get your sick pay.VM standards are ridiculous, you are constantly micro-managed in absolutely everything within the store. Nothing gets replaced once broken and you will be given unrealistic deadlines and budgets.Impossible to keep staff as hours get cut due to unrealistic wage %I would recommend steering yourself clear from this company. The workload and pressure is ridiculous and there is absolutely zero support.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ally Fashion?

Overall was an alright company. A good manager will make the job better.

My manager and immediate team were lovely and I looked forward to working. However, most members of the head office are very disrespectful, arrogant and will treat staff like they are inferior to them at all times. There is a lack of encouragement and support from head office. I would say if you like your manager and immediate team this job will be alright.

Pros

60-minute lunch breaks (up-paid), Managers are generally nice

Cons

Complications with customers put pressure on staff, Training isn't thorough Absolute minimum wage/dollar per hour Head office make some days miserable

It was ok

At first working for the company, everything was good. Everyone was nice and friendly and helpful. But, as time went on, there was a big turn overs of regional managers. Things started become unfair. In-balanced work life. With higher management however, alot of the head office people act like they are still in high. Alot of gossiping, trash talking, no supportive. If you are a casual though, they will only train you on specific things but also, they get unhappy if you dont know things that they never trained you for.Overall at the end, the company became a very toxic place to work for

Pros

Working with the girls

Cons

Head office

Headquarters management is awful

The management on headquarters part is terrible, the discount is slim, and you can only receive it from certain team members. The rosters are released the Sunday of the week, and girls are nasty.

Okay

Pros Good clothes Discount Co-workers ................. Cons Not a long term career Weekend work Pay Management Work/life balance Need to reach budget daily weekly monthly

Loved my job, until management made me hate it

Loved my job, until management made me hate it. No matter how long you are at this company, you are always treated like you are disposable. Do not care about your general well-being. Does not care enough to train their employees. Only upside is most store managers are amazing, higher management is awful.

Horrible place to work if you need money

Unless you are part time or full time you are never guaranteed any hours and barely get any hours. I’ve been a casual there for over a year and we keep hiring even when we are at capacity. I have asked several time if I can be part time and showed that I am worthy of it but they won’t allow me to and just keep hiring more casuals as it supposedly cheaper for them as they don’t have to pay sick leave etc. shifts are never split fairly. For example got my last eat roster and I have five measly hours while other people who I may add are younger so cheaper have 20. I could be given one if there shifts so we both have two shifts with a total of 12.75 hours but nope hasn’t happened.

Pros

Discount is good

Cons

Shifts not distributed fairly. I have bills and need money and I can’t afford them.

Horrible place to work

I worked with this company for 5 years as a part timer, on multiple occasions asked to be put up into full time and every time have been told "we will train you up" never has it ever happened. They made me feel like im not good enough for the company to progress, if they dont like you or you dont fit their circle you wont go anywhere. Head office/upper management dont offer any support, but expect way to much from their stores.

Pros

amazing team to work with, have made life long friends

Cons

Upper management is horrible, doesnt matter how long or how hard you work for them if they dont like you you wont get far

good place to work but quite unorganised

i enjoyed working there, great people as well, but the management was not very good. i was constantly not rostered even though i was available, every weekend. I am a school student and it was quite annoying to not get any hours

WORSE PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED Judgmental regional management

I've had over 5 years of Retail experience but Ally Fashion has been the worst place I've ever worked at! Honestly if you can't deal with fake/judgmental people don't work at Ally Fashion The manager that hired me was very sweet but I was hardly trained from the beginning and a lot of the other staff felt the same way. But, once the management changed it was even worse. The regional manager met me on my third shift I've ever had at ally so, naturally I was still trying to find my feet in the store. Sadly, without even knowing my circumstances or my knowledge I was told by my new manager that the regional manager "doesn't like me" and ever since then my hours had been cut down to three hours a fortnight. as well as being watched like a hawk and nitpicked with everything. it made me feel like once the regional manager had a judgement on me there was no way I could improve that or change her mind. I've never felt so judge and bullied in a workplace ever. It feels like a the Ally Fashion is all about cliques...

Pros

discounts

Cons

judgmental management

terrible experience

ally was the worst place to work. the girls were very rude and judgmental. they criticized my every move and watched me like a hawk. i did not feel wanted and was picked on for my fashion style which was a simple t-shirt and jeans look. the management was bad and she was so young with little experience. breaks were bad. pay was bad. all in all the worst place that i have worked there was no culture, variety or equality about i,t you either packed your face with make up and wore crop tops or you weren't welcomed to work their. disgusting! ally really needs to focus on diversity and equality. especially with staff and also customers. everyone should feel welcomed.

Pros

Cons

bad pay, bad hours, no culture terrible staff

stressful, unprofessional environment

Girls are really rude, regional managers are overbearing, given unrealistic hours, not paid for staying over time as well as not being allowed to leave unless tasks are completed with no pay.

Pros

break times are a good amount of time for hours worked

Cons

break times are different for each individual store, unrealistic budget figures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with