Ally Fashion

Ally Fashion Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager9 reviews
Australia9 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Great team (most of the time) poor pay and upper management

Constantly shifting expectations from head office made it hard to stay ahead of the curve. If you were in a performing store you were treated like the golden child, but if your KPIs slipped (even during Covid-19 impacts on stock levels resulting in no products to actually sell!) you were instantly performance managed. Head office constantly cutting hours (some stores you will work by yourself all day and be lucky to get a half hour cover from a near by store, or shut the shop for 30 minutes!) Store employees are great and hardworking - your team in store is what makes it worth it.

Relaxed and enjoyable

Overall a great company to work for, have had little to no issue with upper management. Majority of the role is just customer service, setting up any sale/new season signage and just making sure the store is clean and tidy at the end of the day - not hard work at all.

Ally Fashion insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Fun for a young person

There was a lot of work place toxicity. They will cancel your holidays on you as they see fit. The other staff are great, the manager in my area was rude and demeaning. It can be a fun place to work for a young person, as an older manager, this place lacked a place for me.

Pros

Fun environment

Retail Job

Basic retail job.Every second weekend off on a rotating roster.Average payCulture is good if you build yourself the right team & work hard.Can tell buisness is trying hard to grow

The absolute worst.

Every single thing about this company is nasty and unorganised. The work culture here is disgusting. Head office are the absolute worst to work with and deal with.

Very poor work life balance

Be prepared to work for free !! You’re expected to be at your shift 15 mins prior to start and you’ll be expected to stay back unpaid if the store is not to standard. OHS is non existent in this company, they give you a few signs to post on your store back door but absolutely no training is given to make sure you are working safely. Ridiculous deadlines for entire store VM’s and the VM is so pedantic that you will have to re do walls so many times until it’s deemed as perfect. You will be expected to move big heavy modules all alone just to take photos of your walls for VM. Ally cuts hours so you will have to work alone and close the store to have a break sometimes. Manager and assistant managers are only given 2 days off in a row once a fortnight so work life balance is extremely poor. If you are sick you will be expected to find your own cover so being sick is a real inconvenience.

I had the chance to met some great poeple

whilst being a manager here, i was unable to try new things as micro managing was a big thing within this company. When trying to resolve situations within your store with certain regional mangers you were given no aid

Pros

i met some great people

Cons

no work life balance

would only suggest working here if you have thick skin

Experienced bullying from the leadership team. Found it hard to progress despite working extremely hard. The company runs on a pure friend based scheme and will only let you advance if you fit into a certain circle of friends within the management team and agree to everything they say and do. Despite this the store is great and at times it was a fun work environment. Had to deal with copious amounts of threats from shop lifters and abuse including being hit and the company did nothing to make sure this never happen again.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Bullying among management

Enjoyable atmosphere

Overall I was blessed to work in 3 different stores and have amazing teams. I enjoyed going to work and being surrounded with positive outgoing employees. I had great relationships with all my team members and this made going to work enjoyable for me. As the Manager I did have a lot of responsibilities. Always keeping the store presentable was high on my list. Merchandising was a on going duty that had to be done everyday. With 70+ new styles each week I had to keep my store looking fresh and new. Though my team was amazing I felt I didn't have the support I needed from head office. Working in Manly where the store is positioned outside unfortunately my team and I had no access to air condition. This made the store hot and unbearable to work in. With no access to a breeze through the store I felt head office gave us no help in trying to fix our working condition. The store still remains in this condition. Overall I have learnt that without support there is only so much you can do. I believe I supported my team in every situation both work and personal hence why our store was always running so smoothly. The hardest part of my job would be leaving. If management was as supportive as I was to my team I believe I would of stayed. But with moving my personal life around to manager 3 different stores, making all of them a success and no help in between it had pushed me to the point of wanting more and felt unfortunately this company was not for me.

Pros

clothing discount

Cons

no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ally Fashion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ally Fashion with