Allyn International Services, Inc. Employee Reviews for Logistics Specialist

Great Culture
Logistics Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PA12 March 2019
Culture in this job was amazing and the atmosphere in the workplace is the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Management, however, was a mess, and compensation had clearly been chosen to fit their headquarters in Florida, where income tax is substantially lower as well as cost of living in the area. After a few months I realized this job did not did pay me a competitive salary and found a job elsewhere paying close to 15% more for less work.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Mangament, Compensation
Poor Management
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PA28 November 2018
Management wouldn't step in when resources were needed most. Workload could double or even triple given a days notice. You were responsible to 'fill in' for those on leave or while positions were being back-filled. Absolute chaos for those who are interested in the logistics industry.
Terrifying
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX29 August 2018
This company is the worse I ever saw. First of all, if you want to go to bathroom or even get a coffee from coffee room, you have to sign off at team leaders door.you re not allowed to talk to co workers, use Skype where everyone can see. Overworking employees, micromanagement to the roof. Manager is a cousin of owner. No training , no support. Atmosphere makes you feel like you re doing time. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Scary place to work. All employees are drained except ofcourse the relatives and management. They hired a guy as a logistics manager, but laughed in his face when he got there. They gave him position of logistics specialist. It was heartbreaking to see that. No wonder they have job postings all the time. People run
Cons
If you are not Eastern European, Caucasian, or work in Fort Myers then you stand no chance at advancement.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  United States21 June 2018
Good values just not Trained properly and they let experience walk out the door. They run skeleton crews and provide little guidance until a mistake is made.
Pros
Team Support
Cons
No Headquarter support. HR & Finance make mountains out of mole hills!
Run Far Away if you have Health Issues
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC17 May 2018
Run Far Away if you have Health Issues
HR is not sympathetic to your health issues
Contracted by another major company to handle their logistics
Contract can end at anytime
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PA10 July 2015
Management would listen to our input and often brush it aside. We would suggest new ways to improve processes and since they are a 3rd party logistics provider, little would ever get changed within their contracted company, ModSpace. Additionally, there is ZERO room for career advancement, understaffed, and often undervalues their employees. I was mislead during the interview what the job entails... you are simply a dispatcher. I can not think of a previous job that had such higher turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Management, Work Environment
fun place to work
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL30 November 2014
Allyn INTL is a great company to work for
they really do care about their employees
pay is not that great
Pros
fun
Cons
pay