ALPA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALPA Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
All happy clapping backslapping good on you to each other in Head Office. Nothing is ever mentioned about managers. Called White Goods, when you break them, just get a New one. Notice they are continually advertising. Why? Because the Turnover is huge. Why? Staff don’t turn up, then you have to do ALL the work. Loved unpacking 8/10/17/20 pallets. Just you and the missus/partner🤔😂.

timers

stayers.
Pros
Some locations are to Die for
Cons
Working for ALPA.
Be prepared for bullies,overwork,no support and poor accommodation.
When we arrived we had to share a tiny 2 bdrm house with our managers who we worked with daily.Also we did not know this until we arrived in the community.Working & sharing with people you dont know if only temp( they said 2-3 weeks) is not good enough.Talk about keeping staff morale up,none whatever in this case.Never been so miserable in a community & couldnt wait to leave,which was very quick thank goodness.Only saving grace were the lovely locals.
Overall not a good company to work for. Massive turnover of staff and there is a good reason for this. Read a book on toxic worplaces after i left and it could have been written about Alpa. Poor management who pat each other on back and and employ their own cronies who lead by attempting to make others feel insignificant. They treat people really really bad and have zero respect or empathy for anyone.
Decent to work for if you have a good set of managers.
Be prepared to be treated like a child and managers to be listened to above you if you have any complaints or are bullied by them, which is quite common.

Not a single person I worked with in two years still work for ALPA, People don’t stay because ALPA make you feel like you don’t matter. Also be prepared to work at a flat rate with no penalties for weekends or public holidays even thought you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere.
The company was very negligent in proceeding on opportunities that were presented to ensure growth within the industry. This lead to many lost opportunities thus relating to competitors winning on the said submission
An indigenous owned business that is managed by Caucasians.
There is no support from head office and there is one set of rules for indigenous and another set of rules for non indigenous.

Most staff do not show up for work, theft is out of control, cigarette breaks are 4 plus an hour, work ethic is non existent but the ownership is placed squarely on the shoulders of the non indigenous staff.

There is no accountability and no consequences for bad behaviour......unless you are non indigenous.

A benevolent business that is a joke.
My personal experience and that of the whole team I went through induction with was a shambles. Within the month of employment we had all faced instant dismissal or had resigned with dignity. ALPAs breech of contract include not providing remote housing (shipping containers and canvas being offered for ‘accommodation’) Pay discrepancies! Compulsory volunteering! A scam NPF!
to many occurrences of lack of support of staff out in remote communities. hard to keep managers due to lack of ongoing support. would no recommend this positions for those seeking secure long term employment