Alphapharm
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Alphapharm Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
not suggest working for this company unless you are single or workholics
A typical day is 6am to 5pm;

what I learned is that you can never trust the management!

Because the management is awful, especially some team leaders and lab supervisors!

The workplace culture is that, if you are the favourite person of the supervisor, you can get all the benefits; if you are not in their clique, you will be suffering.

The hardest part of the job is the long long working hours - you will be in a hurry always!

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you may get to know some new friends, who may treat you not as bad as the supervisor.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
no work-life balance, no job security, just work as a slave
Excellent work environment
Excellent place of work, would recommend this company to anyone with a willingness to work and to start a great prospering career. The teams and departments are superb.
Pros
lots of overtime
High output, high intensity QA pharmaceutical laboratory with huge expectations from each and every staff member.
My day's at Alphapharm started from anywhere between 6.00am and 9.00am and lasted a minimum of 8 & 1/2 hours. My essential duties were to perform my allocated analytical "benchwork" (analysis/wetwork/technical work/report writing etc) in conjunction with attending meetings and/or training courses as part of being firstly an analyst, secondly as 2IC Team Leader and equally as Laboratory Technical/Analytical Skills Trainer all whilst training every new analyst entering the laboratory. I was also frequently required to sample materials from the manufacturing plant in all states, from raw material to finished product. I learned the vital importance of PPE.

I learned the ultimately essential skills of appropriate delegation and multitasking.

Management and I had a unique relationship whereby they knew how very much I was capable of and also how very much I could and did challenge their foundational approach to the treatment and training of staff in order to retain them. Turnover was high, mostly due to the very high workload pressure often expected with minimal training - something I worked very hard at improving, eventually, successfully.

This was the hardest part of the job.

By a long shot, the very most enjoyable part of the job were the staff, the people. To maintain intellectual integrity and a heightened sense of adventure and humour when under immense pressure to perform intrinsically finicky and exacting work - my many friends and associates at Alphapharm managed this and more. It was an honour to work with and know so many incredible people.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers, flexible working hours, infinite overtime available, promotion granted on performance.
Cons
Some antiquated ideologies where staff retention was concerned, often unrealistic expectations put on inexperienced staff.
Productive and fun work place
Management is hard to work with there is favoritism employing family members without consideration of experience of fellow works
Good environment to work in
Good environment to work in. I was working in a pharmaceutical industry, packaging department, bottling floor. I gained a lot of experience within 7 years working with a different range of machinaries, dealing with different products and different people that was very chalenging. Looking forward to see what other options i have and ready for any opportunities.
Pros
Free lunch
Great work mates
Alphapharm is a busy factory, I enjoyed the work. Learnt a lot of new work skills with pharamacuticals. My co-workers were friendly, and helpful, the management of the company were always trying to improve ways to package pharamacuticals and meet targets The shifts were rotational, the hardest part of the job, was reworking the product, to get the product out their in the market-place. The most enjoyable part of the job. was my co-workers made the place a friendly place to work in. The assessment process of the learning programme was extreme, too much reassessing of workers, after changing over to SAP. No time to study while on shift and pack product at the same time. Contract position was 3 months, then your job was week to week. I worked there for 18 months, thoroughly enjoyed the job, would consider more work with pharmacuticals.
Pros
Cons
Hire people all the time, but after learning all the processes, every few months they do head count- so hire 10 people, let go 8, this is a regular process this company does.
Some good, some bad
"Doing more with less" will keep you slogging away. Everyone super busy. Pay rise is decent if you perform well. 830 - 530 minimum day. Expect 8am - 6pm standard.
Administration and Project Engineering/ Documentation
Varied duties in this company kept me busy and on my toes!! Large company with great staff and high standards
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alphapharm?