ALRA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALRA Employee Reviews

Love the game it’s fast passed and easy to get into. To be a good ref you have to be able to work under pressure and make sure everyone’s safe while playing
High-quality drama school with incredible hospitality for audiences and students. Enjoyable work hours with the opportunity to watch the current prospective shows.
very good company to work with and nice people to work with. my wage was not good and my work hours was no fixed. but everythings was very good with this company.
Cons
Typical lacrosse game, arrive 30 minutes before the game to acquaint yourself with co-referee and review rules, prep talk with both teams before play. 3 10-15 minute periods with 2-10 minute breaks between each. Either finished after one game or referee up to a maximum of three.

All games are accepted online and suggested to all referees allowing them to pick their dates and times making the hours highly flexible.

All referees are super kind and engaging and try their hardest to ensure safety and fair play for the players, as well as looking out for their partner.

The most difficult part of the job would be dealing with provocative coaches or parents in the stands, often receiving abusive comments, most often resulting in ejecting them calmly from the arena.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to watch and enjoy a game of lacrosse as well as the physical activity.
Pros
Pick your hours and locations
Cons
This was unpaid work experience at another college , that was to last 5 days but was cut short to 2/3 days as I had panic attacks while working with the other students and couldn't handle the high standard workload.
Cons
Panic attacks
This is a seasonal job ,Working with different age levels and different teams of lacrosse! The pay is very good , the association is very quick to help we’re help is needed!
Pros
Never in the same spot
Cons
All over
Referee Bantam Lacrosse games. learned the rules of the game, being box lacrosse or field lacrosse also learned how to deal with parents, players and coaches. Making the correct calls such as penalties or other items relating to the sport. Team lead is easy to communicate with. Enjoy the game of Lacrosse and the exercise I am able to get refereeing a game. All referees are a team and readily help each other out.
Pros
Get to be around people and exercise from running.
Cons
Get dehydrated if it is a very hot day.
Working as a ref is a fufilling and active job that nearly anyone can fit into their life. ALRA is a company that ensures it's ref are protected and taken car of and have even started campaigns to try and decrease the abuse of refs.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
No constant hours
Although being a referee for lacrosse is often difficult, it has helped me to make people skills and learn to handle more tedious people. I have learned how to remain calm and confident in tricky situations. My co workers or referees are all amazing people who are just there to take part in a great sport and they are all such friendly people. Hardest part of the job is definitely the coaches and people in the stands. Although it is rare, occasionally the reff's and the coaches etc do not agree on penalties and we run into debates however they are always fixed in a responsible way. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to watch lacrosse and meet great people with whom I have a lot in common.
The course was divided into three sections:

Acting, Vocal and Movement training.

The course gives you the time and space to develop your artform.