ALSTOM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

It is a good place to work. Career opportunities available. I was given the opportunity to learn new things and to develop my skills. I had a great opportunity to progress in my career by doing new courses paid by the company. The upgrade of machines and sites made it easy to do my work well.
Alstrom was a good company to work for but i was only there a couple of weeks on a shut down in the Kwinana Power Station, i would like to work for them again
Daily quality process follow up with the collaboration of multiple departments and higher management. The opportunity in Alstom helped me explore more my problem solving skills, management and collaboration with the team.
Would be a good job if the supervisors had more experience and a better understanding of the work involved. There is no job security and you wait days before your contract ends to see if you are offered another one.
Alstom is a good employer however the work is project based and supervisor level upwards All work is to be done at a very high standard as they are project based and only with high standards and customer approvals can new projects be won. Safety has been the foremost criteria in all jobs.
Enjoyable company to work for. Not enough staff at times but always able to overcome any problems that came my way. Enjoyed working with the staff I had under me. Upper management were mostly always available to talk to.
In this organisation i work for NON CBTC and CBTC both type of system.The working process and flow of information is too good. Here the method is documentation is very nice during the testing of project. Management give there full support to help any time in any condition during the commissioning of project. Several time we work for migration of working line( Revenue) with non working lines(Non Revenue lines)
company was good to work for well managed and good employer employee communication The company provided the tradesman with clean safe environment to work and job satisfaction
I loved the variety of my job and I was able to work autonomously and was able to prioritise my list of things to do each day. Loved working with the people from Alstom helpful and lots of fun
Pros
free lunches occassionaly team lunches
Cons
very busy office
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALSTOM?
Work colleagues are very nice and easy to work with. Mainly young people and very pleasant to talk to. 50 - 60% Doc control, the rest Project Assistant role. Lots of flight bookings including international. Search for good hotels (tripadvisor), also booked trains and cars. Loved the booking of flights, especially international. Doing research and work out itinerary. Loved working with documents, writing letters and e-mails to client (TfNSW). Loved being busy with doc control making sure everything was correctly registered and send out. Nothing positive to say about the new management. Loved organising events, eg birthday cakes, farewells etc. Also made sure all the stationery supplies were ordered.
Pros
Work colleagues, variety of job
Cons
Non-communication of Senior Management.
Poor management, arrogant attitude towards clients, senior management push a culture of blame downwards to find a scapegoat. No employee development and a culture of over-time as part of the norm. You're likely to find residents in the cubicles as late as 10pm on any given weekday.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Long hours, low job security and non-existent avenues for advancement, toxic culture
Money was good. Management was adequate. No security due to nature of work . Didn't mind the job but didn't like living away from home
Alstom was a great way for me to learn a lot with power generation and especially on steam turbines.. I also did a lot of other fitting on rotating plant and specialized welding.
Pros
Travel
Cons
some big days
To keep building's material working good & safe. Work with a lot of different tradesman. Manage to control all kinds of tradesman to make good all defects. Too many different department bosses. All staff is happy to my proformance & issue an award to me.
Pros
Nil
Cons
good working hours
Friendly environment and co-workers are reliable and I enjoy working with them. Management are concern about our welfare,
My typical day would include: Meeting with my project team on critical issues discussing risk & opportunities Discussing with my clients regarding progress status on the various projects Discussing with my management on status of major projects, issues needing their attention Planning Meeting Workload planning Budget reviews
Pros
Challenging but enjoyable work
Cons
Extremely competitive market conditions
Cooperative work team Great multi-culture environment Challenging job tasks Great career opportunities Excellent leadership Good company communication Good salary levels
Pros
Team work Great career opportunities
Cons
red tape
only worked there for 4 weeks. good work crew learnt new sorts of tasks.
Mostly would work a ten hour day,six days a week.Worked with the Boilermakers on boiler outages first and then was picked up for the turbine outages assisting fitters.Always kept myself busy,made the time go quicker,learned alot about turbine work and doing it safely.Management were knowledgable and understanding,co-workers worked as a team,all doing their bit to get the job done quicker and safely. The heat,especially on Turbine work could be hard on the body,but you managed yourself to/and also got used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job (besides the pay) was the satisfaction of learning and achievement of tasks.Also making new friends, co-workers and bosses.
My day involved the production of large transformer coils and a big part of it was problem solving as no two transformers were the same. A lot of meetings involving design and manufacture problems. In my 16 years with the company I learned how to lead a team and use my knowledge in training new starters. Management over the time I worked there changed significantly for the better as production workers were encouraged and assisted to train and apply for most supervisory and management positions. Due to the nature of the product,experienced people rarely left so good relationships were formed among and across the 8 specialised teams in the factory floor. I finished my last year as acting supervisor and I had 7 other supervisors and 4 managers to deal with everyday, so sometimes things got a bit frustrating. I just really liked the people and the satisfaction of being part of building something that took sometimes 6 months to build and see it work.
Pros
A monthly barbeque
Cons
Sometime long extended shifts
1) Challenging work2) Installation of Digital Radio project (Lead role) (DTRS)3) Very poor management and Lack of Management support4) Co-workers were excellent)5) Had to re-designed Schematic Diagram (DTRS) in order to correctly install it to Alstom Trains.6)Teamwork amongst co-worker.