ALSTOM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ALSTOM Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews
Astom is a place to grow your technical knowledge and management skills.
Daily quality process follow up with the collaboration of multiple departments and higher management. The opportunity in Alstom helped me explore more my problem solving skills, management and collaboration with the team.
Poorly organised tasks
Would be a good job if the supervisors had more experience and a better understanding of the work involved. There is no job security and you wait days before your contract ends to see if you are offered another one.
Competitive and fair
Alstom is a good employer however the work is project based and supervisor level upwards All work is to be done at a very high standard as they are project based and only with high standards and customer approvals can new projects be won. Safety has been the foremost criteria in all jobs.
Work Place
Enjoyable company to work for. Not enough staff at times but always able to overcome any problems that came my way.
Enjoyed working with the staff I had under me. Upper management were mostly always available to talk to.
Testing and Commissioning Engineer
In this organisation i work for NON CBTC and CBTC both type of system.The working process and flow of information is too good.

Here the method is documentation is very nice during the testing of project.

Management give there full support to help any time in any condition during the commissioning of project.

Several time we work for migration of working line( Revenue) with non working lines(Non Revenue lines)
Good company
company was good to work for well managed and good employer employee communication

The company provided the tradesman with clean safe environment to work and job satisfaction
Great Culture and great people to work with from all countries
I loved the variety of my job and I was able to work autonomously and was able to prioritise my list of things to do each day. Loved working with the people from Alstom helpful and lots of fun
Pros
free lunches occassionaly team lunches
Cons
very busy office
OK place to work
Work colleagues are very nice and easy to work with. Mainly young people and very pleasant to talk to.
50 - 60% Doc control, the rest Project Assistant role.

Lots of flight bookings including international.

Search for good hotels (tripadvisor), also booked trains and cars.

Loved the booking of flights, especially international. Doing research and work out itinerary.

Loved working with documents, writing letters and e-mails to client (TfNSW). Loved being busy with doc control making sure everything was correctly registered and send out.

Nothing positive to say about the new management.

Loved organising events, eg birthday cakes, farewells etc.

Also made sure all the stationery supplies were ordered.
Pros
Work colleagues, variety of job
Cons
Non-communication of Senior Management.
Stay away from this company
Poor management, arrogant attitude towards clients, senior management push a culture of blame downwards to find a scapegoat. No employee development and a culture of over-time as part of the norm. You're likely to find residents in the cubicles as late as 10pm on any given weekday.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Long hours, low job security and non-existent avenues for advancement, toxic culture
Money was good. Only contract work though
Money was good. Management was adequate. No security due to nature of work . Didn't mind the job but didn't like living away from home
Was a great entry to the power stations
Alstom was a great way for me to learn a lot with power generation and especially on steam turbines.. I also did a lot of other fitting on rotating plant and specialized welding.
Pros
Travel
Cons
some big days
Good company but not very good management
To keep building's material working good & safe.

Work with a lot of different tradesman.

Manage to control all kinds of tradesman to make good all defects.

Too many different department bosses.

All staff is happy to my proformance & issue an award to me.
Pros
Nil
Cons
good working hours
Nice place of work
Friendly environment and co-workers are reliable and I enjoy working with them. Management are concern about our welfare,
Review of risks, opportunities, planning, workload, KPI's
My typical day would include:
Meeting with my project team on critical issues discussing risk & opportunities

Discussing with my clients regarding progress status on the various projects

Discussing with my management on status of major projects, issues needing their attention

Planning Meeting

Workload planning

Budget reviews
Pros
Challenging but enjoyable work
Cons
Extremely competitive market conditions
Great culture
Cooperative work team
Great multi-culture environment

Challenging job tasks

Great career opportunities

Excellent leadership

Good company communication

Good salary levels
Pros
Team work Great career opportunities
Cons
red tape
shut work
only worked there for 4 weeks.
good work crew

learnt new sorts of tasks.
Worked as a casual for 11 years with them until due to illness(prostate cancer).Enjoyed working for them,interesting jobs,good supervisors and safe.
Mostly would work a ten hour day,six days a week.Worked with the Boilermakers on boiler outages first and then was picked up for the turbine outages assisting fitters.Always kept myself busy,made the time go quicker,learned alot about turbine work and doing it safely.Management were knowledgable and understanding,co-workers worked as a team,all doing their bit to get the job done quicker and safely. The heat,especially on Turbine work could be hard on the body,but you managed yourself to/and also got used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job (besides the pay) was the satisfaction of learning and achievement of tasks.Also making new friends, co-workers and bosses.
Good people,good conditions and pay
My day involved the production of large transformer coils and a big part of it was problem solving as no two transformers were the same. A lot of meetings involving design and manufacture problems.
In my 16 years with the company I learned how to lead a team and use my knowledge in training new starters.

Management over the time I worked there changed significantly for the better as production workers were encouraged and assisted to train and apply for most supervisory and management positions.

Due to the nature of the product,experienced people rarely left so good relationships were formed among and across the 8 specialised teams in the factory floor.

I finished my last year as acting supervisor and I had 7 other supervisors and 4 managers to deal with everyday, so sometimes things got a bit frustrating.

I just really liked the people and the satisfaction of being part of building something that took sometimes 6 months to build and see it work.
Pros
A monthly barbeque
Cons
Sometime long extended shifts
Challenging Job But Poor Managment
1) Challenging work
2) Installation of Digital Radio project (Lead role) (DTRS)

3) Very poor management and Lack of Management support

4) Co-workers were excellent)

5) Had to re-designed Schematic Diagram (DTRS) in order to correctly install it to Alstom Trains.

6)Teamwork amongst co-worker.
Workplace
-Good working team
-nice office

-free parking

-tidy and clean
Pros
attractive salary
Cons
unstable
Big, profit driven
Professional, demanding, long hours.
Major Projects complex and interesting
Pros
near home
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALSTOM. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K