Altus Traffic
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Altus Traffic Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Money is good while but becomes cut throat once the work dies down.

The CEO will do anything to undercut the employees and the Victorian/Tasmanian manager has no idea how to back or support staff members, basically both are total fools as managers and are obviously well over paid for the management rolls they hold for the job that they do.

Wouldn't recommend it

Wouldnt recommend it. If you knock back a shift you dont get work as punishment. No work/life balance. No job security. Lazy crew leaders that sit in car all day

Large Workforce with minimal On Job Training for new staff

You are expected to know your role and how to do tasks, Even when your supervisors do the wrong teaching. Some periods are Busy, you work hard and at end you are a Number, soon as work slows down you have no workIs a Culture of giving new staff more shifts to encourage them to staff even when existing staff with years of Service get one day a week and that could be a 4 hour min

Pros

Work in Heat Cold and Pouring Rain and be Abused by Public

Cons

Eat lunch on the run some times

Disgusted

Had great raps for Altus until I worked in Townsville, toxic workplace at Carmichael rail, toxic management, traffic controller s trying to get other companies in to replace Altus, work there at your own peril.

Pros

Was a good company

Cons

Hiring people who still carry values from previous companies making it a toxic workplace, no matter the money don't work there

The worst managed Ballina depot

What a disgrace that ballina depot is run by someone who is up and down like a yoyo always gives the work to the same people worst place I ever worked at needs a new job allocter for sure

Pros

Cons

U get sent to places to find out theres no ones there e

Do NOT work at Altus

Unethical, backstabbing and toxic culture. They under pay especially good experienced staff. Claim to plenty of on going work which is just not the case There are some ethical traffic companies out there but not many. I worked there as a team leader and it was a nightmare. Many false allegations and lies. I am now 58 and have a history of 15 years in law enforcement, engineering and teaching. This was by far the worst employer ever including other traffic companies.

Pros

Cons

as stated. very negative unethical

think about your well being

do not bother if you want to keep your sanity, uncoordinated, lacking in decent and confident leadership, a purple circle if you don't fit you will not be treated well, the management are aloof and ignorant, some of the workers are great people some not so, some are worse than a nightmare,

Not the ones to work for

Altus wants to know who breaches their rules & brings the company into disrepute. But when you tell them about the breaches being done you get the sack.

relaxed and fun environment

A typical day as a traffic controller with you arrive at the office or on site depending where you are sent for work. There will be a toolbox then when that is completed the supervisor or man in charge of the job that will hand out ROLs and TCPs or the job at hand, then we go out and plan where the set up should be then we set it up. while the job is in progression we are meant to watch the traffic for any potential hazards that may to occur that will injur the contrustion workers and try to stop any accidents from occuring. Then when the contruction job is finished you pack up the site and leave.

Stressful

Stressed not knowing what hours you are going to work, when at work always worried about what incident reports people are going to put in about you, mostly not true, and management only listens to one side of the story. Probably the worst traffic company in Australia, bad culture all round.

A very friendly place to work, with great work mates.

I find the company is a well organised company who offer a friendly workplace. The other traffic controllers with whom I work are friendly and offer assistance and advice if I ask.

Pros

They provide all new workers with a new set of work clothes, hard hat and wand.

Cons

Non that I can think of

Great company to work for

Very good when they have work,treat you like real people not robots,it can be frustrating when the right ute is not available.very hard to get a take home ute

Pros

Great when they have lots of work

Cons

Could send you anywhere with no forthought about where you live

working 4/12 hrs a week, living on savings.

poor management, run as second fiddle from Sydney. Office staff use platitudes on tcs to get them to go away, so the status quo of inactivity can continue.

Pros

have to bid for hrs as shifts come up.

Cons

old and worn working utes

can be rewarding, if you are a safety aware type person, calm headed

Some days are busy, others not. Always on your toes and constantly looking for traffic. Can get quite dangerous at times. Always looking over your shoulder for dangers/hazards. Can get quite stressful if your team partner is not on the ball or is a bit slack.

Pros

outside work

Cons

Long Days

Great

This job was great as I enjoyed the work culture and the diversity of our work. we would work in different areas with different people all the time so it was fun meeting and working with a variety of people.

Pros

Outside

Cons

Could sometimes be a bit boring, depending on job.

Fun workplace

*Very full on *Leading hand taught me alot *Management great *Great job *Very alert on the road at all times keep hydrated *Wking on the bruce highway

Pros

My leading hand was a awesome teacher and taught me alot

Cons

Long hours but that doesnt bother me

Large proffecional traffic management company

Altus Traffic is a large corporation Australia wide, the company prides itself on quality of service delivered to it's clients, safety to the company's employees, clients and members of the public is very important to the company. Company management hold daily toolbox meetings regarding daily jobs, company updates and safety. Monthly meeting as held at the Brisbane depot updating company progression and events, management promote and encourage progression within the company for it's employees. The company prides itself on it's well maintained fleet of sign utes, TMA'S and digital sign board trailers. A very professional company with an impressive reputable clientele base.

Pros

Uniforms, payed on time, well maintained vehicles, pleasant work culture

productive workplace

Top workplace to work at, meaning i've learned a lot from this Compan. The management should improve the office side not the road. The workplace culture is good everyone helps one another. The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients that don't understand road rules and think they make they're own rules.

Pros

everyone's friendly

large company

only worked the g20 so wasn't there long enough to formulate any real opinion on there operational procedures. As far as im aware energex is one of there best clients.

Pros

nice people

Cons

no company ute

Not a good company to work for

They hired me sent me for my tickets gave me 1 days work an never heard from them again call after call an no answer dont see why they hired me in the first place

Cons

Not enogh work

Would not recommend.

They're a Casual Based Industry, meaning you are not guaranteed work, and if you reject work even if it's been given advance notice, you won't work again.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altus Traffic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Altus Traffic