Altus Traffic
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Altus Traffic Employee Reviews

The CEO will do anything to undercut the employees and the Victorian/Tasmanian manager has no idea how to back or support staff members, basically both are total fools as managers and are obviously well over paid for the management rolls they hold for the job that they do.
What a disgrace that ballina depot is run by someone who is up and down like a yoyo always gives the work to the same people worst place I ever worked at needs a new job allocter for sure
Pros
Cons
U get sent to places to find out theres no ones there e
Unethical, backstabbing and toxic culture. They under pay especially good experienced staff. Claim to plenty of on going work which is just not the case There are some ethical traffic companies out there but not many. I worked there as a team leader and it was a nightmare. Many false allegations and lies. I am now 58 and have a history of 15 years in law enforcement, engineering and teaching. This was by far the worst employer ever including other traffic companies.
Pros
Cons
as stated. very negative unethical
do not bother if you want to keep your sanity, uncoordinated, lacking in decent and confident leadership, a purple circle if you don't fit you will not be treated well, the management are aloof and ignorant, some of the workers are great people some not so, some are worse than a nightmare,
Altus wants to know who breaches their rules & brings the company into disrepute. But when you tell them about the breaches being done you get the sack.
A typical day as a traffic controller with you arrive at the office or on site depending where you are sent for work. There will be a toolbox then when that is completed the supervisor or man in charge of the job that will hand out ROLs and TCPs or the job at hand, then we go out and plan where the set up should be then we set it up. while the job is in progression we are meant to watch the traffic for any potential hazards that may to occur that will injur the contrustion workers and try to stop any accidents from occuring. Then when the contruction job is finished you pack up the site and leave.
Stressed not knowing what hours you are going to work, when at work always worried about what incident reports people are going to put in about you, mostly not true, and management only listens to one side of the story. Probably the worst traffic company in Australia, bad culture all round.
I find the company is a well organised company who offer a friendly workplace. The other traffic controllers with whom I work are friendly and offer assistance and advice if I ask.
Pros
They provide all new workers with a new set of work clothes, hard hat and wand.
Cons
Non that I can think of
Very good when they have work,treat you like real people not robots,it can be frustrating when the right ute is not available.very hard to get a take home ute
Pros
Great when they have lots of work
Cons
Could send you anywhere with no forthought about where you live
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Altus Traffic?
poor management, run as second fiddle from Sydney. Office staff use platitudes on tcs to get them to go away, so the status quo of inactivity can continue.
Pros
have to bid for hrs as shifts come up.
Cons
old and worn working utes
Some days are busy, others not. Always on your toes and constantly looking for traffic. Can get quite dangerous at times. Always looking over your shoulder for dangers/hazards. Can get quite stressful if your team partner is not on the ball or is a bit slack.
Pros
outside work
Cons
Long Days
This job was great as I enjoyed the work culture and the diversity of our work. we would work in different areas with different people all the time so it was fun meeting and working with a variety of people.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Could sometimes be a bit boring, depending on job.
*Very full on *Leading hand taught me alot *Management great *Great job *Very alert on the road at all times keep hydrated *Wking on the bruce highway
Pros
My leading hand was a awesome teacher and taught me alot
Cons
Long hours but that doesnt bother me
Altus Traffic is a large corporation Australia wide, the company prides itself on quality of service delivered to it's clients, safety to the company's employees, clients and members of the public is very important to the company. Company management hold daily toolbox meetings regarding daily jobs, company updates and safety. Monthly meeting as held at the Brisbane depot updating company progression and events, management promote and encourage progression within the company for it's employees. The company prides itself on it's well maintained fleet of sign utes, TMA'S and digital sign board trailers. A very professional company with an impressive reputable clientele base.
Pros
Uniforms, payed on time, well maintained vehicles, pleasant work culture
Cons
Top workplace to work at, meaning i've learned a lot from this Compan. The management should improve the office side not the road. The workplace culture is good everyone helps one another. The hardest part of the job is dealing with clients that don't understand road rules and think they make they're own rules.
Pros
everyone's friendly
Cons
only worked the g20 so wasn't there long enough to formulate any real opinion on there operational procedures. As far as im aware energex is one of there best clients.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no company ute
They hired me sent me for my tickets gave me 1 days work an never heard from them again call after call an no answer dont see why they hired me in the first place
Cons
Not enogh work
They're a Casual Based Industry, meaning you are not guaranteed work, and if you reject work even if it's been given advance notice, you won't work again.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything.
Fast pasted traffic management company that like to strive on safety. Has depots in most states and in america. People are all friendly and helpful. Good
a very hands on roll with different suitations every day as well great team environment with plenty of work also a variety of shifts with different companies .
Pros
variety of locations
Cons
long hours on your feet
Don't have the right connections so need to find additional work to pay my bills. Am unable to get weekend work so am looking for that.