Amana Living
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amana Living Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews
Enjoyable place of employment wishing I was still there.
Easy approachable management.

Always learning new things.

Weekly routines to cover all workload.
I enjoyed my role at Amana Living, being out of the office in my role mean't that I had the autonomy to mix with different staff at different sites.
Staff were all friendly and supportive.
Easy Going and fun workplace.
Colleagues were very helpful and caring.

I learned a lot from peers.

Very family orientated.

KPI's were always met.

Management was always fair.
Good staff, friendly staff ,good place for your internship. you can learn a lot of knowledge and get more experience. new technology and best practices are there.
It is pleasure to work with Amana living and all staff in the last 4 years. Amana living is well known and training organisation. I had learned so much when I worked.
Pros
10 minutes break in every 4 hours work
Cons
Rostering hours did not meet expectation
Company with a great cause. Finance team is vibrant, friendly and inclusive.
Flexible working arrangements (within reason) and great work-life balance.
When I was working at Amana Living, the place the people were so amazing. Great place to work, and different people from different worlds(country) its just awesome. Respect and Support Amana Living.I wish I could go back in time and work there again thank you Angie for letting me work at Amana Living she was sooo nice and supportive to me.
Pros
Good support.
Cons
Longer Hours, make a person happy.
a good company. Pays well, but not enough shifts for casuals. the workload is okay but the company doesn't have flexible hours. maximum of 76hrs.the company should bring back the workforce which used to manage casuals. Facilities are not managing well. hence am looking for a new job
Days are busy but rewarding. Seeing smiles on the face of residents after you have assisted them brings so much satisfaction. Alway important to give your best touch in everything so that at the end of the day, you are happy that you did it well
The stress level of getting needs met is unbelievable, not only for the staff that actually show up for work but also for the residents. We do not have enough time to interact with the residents. Quality time is missing. Every day there is a request for workers to fill in for sick staff. We are constantly working on skeleton crew and being hounded by the nursing staff and also by the kitchen staff to get all the dishes in to be washed so they can finish their shift on time.
You need to have a strong constitution to handle this career. Meaning that if you are sensitive or depressed, honestly please don't go there.

The government needs to provide more funding to allow more workers to be in action.
Pros
Non
Cons
time stress, kitchen staff can't scrape plates, lack of staff, no quality time with residents
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amana Living?
Awesome to have been part of a Cleaner at a Rest home in Kalgoorlie Western Australia, like to work back there one day. Great team work, always helpful at all times. Just find your own way around Amana there are signs if you are lost, but all up i love it there.
Assisting clients with their personal care needs –including toileting, bathing, oral hygiene and other personal hygiene needs
• Assisting clients with food preparation and planning and feeding (if required)

• Ensuring that the client maintains adequate hydration and nutrition

• Monitoring any changes in the client’s needs and reporting them
Setting up furniture and preparing the dinning table.
I learnt that service to humanity is a fulfilling venture.

The management adherence to its core functions was superb.

The work place culture was different from what i was used to but the orientation was informative and helpful.I appreciated the setup easily.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to get consistent shifts to enhance perfection the task.

The most enjoyable task of the job is contributing positively to humanity.
Pros
free lunch on Fridays
Cons
inconsistent shift allocation
Gain a lot of knowledge from this facility and it has really prepare for the future ahead.
Working with good people always ready to help and guide you
Friendly supportive professional staff, Learn a lot. I feel my self lucky for such a huge and fantastic organisation I had for my practical placement training. I would definitely like to work with Amana living for serious development of my career.
I have worked for Amana Living in Human Resources for 2 years in which time I have been internally promoted into the recruitment team.

I have seen many internal promotions happen in the company and think this is a fantastic way to help our employees grow and aspire to be great.

We have a great 3R culture here where we embed 'the right people,' 'the right way,' and 'the right thing.'

I am going to miss working for Amana Living and recommend it to anyone wanting to join a quality health provider.
Pros
Morning Teas, Caring teammates, good culture, salaray packaging, award winning organisation
Cons
limited salary, however salary packaging benefits may make up for this
I've learn a lot in Amana Living, it was a great experience for me. I've learned how to take care of the residents, how to entertain them, how to know them. The management is very good, In Amana Living I've learned to work with people from different country, I've learn about their culture and their way of living. The hardest part of the job is to see someone leaving us for a better world, and the more enjoyable part of it is the smile of the residents every time you entering their room or when to talking and playing with them.
great environment, lovely team mate. care about the customers. I learnt a lot, like team work, how to use some of the heavy duty machine for cleaning and also how to handle chemicals for cleaning.
Work experience in year 11 and 12
Have fun and enjoy it

People are nice

And staffs are very friendly

Good hygiene and maintaining a safe living environment by controlling risks
I work morning shifts which are always busy, a typical day at work involves a number of tasks which include attending to residents with different levels of ADLs requirements. I have learnt to work as a team player and independently as well as working with people from diverse backgrounds. Both parties work collaboratively. The hardest part of my job is dealing with residents with challenging behaviours, but the most enjoyable part of my job is that I understand the residents and know how to deal with each individual resident and the team spirit among the employees. The management is fair and helpful.
Pros
Working with people from diverse backgrounds
Cons
No vacancies for the community development field
Most of the shifts that I worked was afternoon and night shift..
aMy afternoon shifts start at 15:30..

In the afternoon I get handover from the morning shift and read the progress notes,most of my shifts I worked in the hostel.I start giving out medications and prepare the dinning room for tea..Sometimes a few residents help me to set up the table,i get the opportunity to have a chat with tmem and ask them how there day has been.There are so many amazing stories and they teach me a lot.Its like a history lesson as well.

My job is very challenging as I look after very varied client base.A lot of my clients are frustrated and in [ainand can sometimes take it out on the carer.I never take it personal because I know its not towards me its towards the situation and condition.I always listen to them when they want to get something out of there chest
Pros
They have many facilities in WA so when i move to another surburb, they will place me in a facility closer to where i live and i dont lose my hours.
Cons
Didnt have enough staff, Sometimes we had to work harder if we cant an agency or casual stuff to cover up shifts