Amart Furniture logo
Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Productive and Fun with the right management

It is a fun work environment when you have the right management team. They ensure you are physically and mentally good and always try and help you whenever they can. They work the roster around your availability and do not force or push you to work when you are not available.

Pros

Amazing managers

Cons

Too many changes within the company

Nice bunch of people to work with

Decent company to work for, management was fairly easy going and adaptable. Training was good, always someone to help when needed. I was doing the admin side, complicated system that became repetitive.

Pros

Always received plenty of hours

Cons

Casual work, weekends involved

Great People to work with but not so great Management

With changing management and ultimately changing the process that was previously working. They have shot themself in the foot! I had an opportunity to work at brand new DC but the new management was shocking when once successful now-bankrupt become DC manager that explains a lot.

Pros

New everything and great people to work with

Cons

Heavy and repetitive lifting and constant changes by management

No proper training provided

I worked for Amart for approximately 6 months. During that time I was given about 2 or 3 four hour shifts a week to start with. Then I had 1 four hour shift per week. I do not consider that sufficient training considering the very complicated systems they used. Most people were friendly and helpful but the General Manager spoke down to everyone as if they were stupid.

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Serious lack of training

Very productive and a fun place to work

To be completely honest everyone's opinion will be different, but i had alot of fun working for Amart, i got to meet and greet different people in different areas, my time at Amart furniture was good.

Pros

Traning is free so is traveling

Cons

Narrow stairways and rude clinets

Extremely stressful. Great for people who care more about making money than human beings.

Great for people who have the gift of of the gab, can be very persuasive and manipulative to get their own way to make the big bucks and have a photographic memory. Not good for people who don't remember things easily, takes awhile to learn things and generally care about their customers.

Pros

Some nice helpful employees. Lovely customers.

Cons

Very demanding, stressful & unrealistic expectations.

Friendly staff but has management buddy system

Do not look after long term employees. It is all about what dollars can be made. There was definitely a management buddy system where I worked and no office ,sales or despatch staff had any chance of getting management jobs

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

buddy system

Your treated as a number not a part of a team

I worked there for 11 years in management. In that time I watched how the staff were treated. If regional management didn't like you, you were gone. In store, managers were good and encouraging to most staff. Not the friendliness place to work though. They expect crazy targets and expectations are ludicrous. I quit after having a mental breakdown, due to the treatment of a regional manger

Good

It is a good job with a good pay and benefits. It is a good company to work for and they take good care of their employees. Management is good. Work environment is good.

Good timesn

We were a really nice team. Made some great life long friends here. It was challenging but we all did it united and conquered the day and weeks ahead. It is a shame that they don’t offer full time basis. Would help the staff.

Jobs at Amart Furniture

See more jobs

Awesome bunch of people

Working at amart is a good experience, really busy unloading trucks and serving customers and working with a great bunch of people which is always a plus

Pros

Greats leaders

Cons

Hot days in the warehouse

Productive place to work

Excellent company to work for. Always room for career advncement. Excellent sales incentives and bonuses. Pay rates are above award due to 7 day trading.

Pros

sales incentives

Cons

downturn

Company worried more about budget than safety

Amart Furniture used to be a good company to work for, now it's changed for the worse. Work safe would have a field day at how unsafe it is as they only have 1 person working in despatch to save costs

Pros

Some uniform supplied

Cons

Upper management

Wouldn't reccomend

They don't care.. Horrible environment.. Store level and higher do not care. only good thing is some of people at same level and discounts on products.

Fun people to work with

I enjoyed my time at amart, I left due to having my second child and once I got further along in my pregnancy my boss at the time was not to compassionate about my leave or me anymore so I didn't return.

Pros

Commission

Depends on every individual store's management

A job with relatively good pay, and has been a great experience working at Amart. However, the fun and excitement may vary depending on who is your current manager, but most of the time it is enjoyable. However, at times you will feel pressured in hitting target sales, even at low peak hours.

Super amart

Work environment was relaxed all staff was friendly and easy to get on with. Management are willing to help with progressing in the company and encourage you to do so.

Scratch the surface - a truly awful environment

I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.

Bullies that sell cheap, nasty Chinese and Vietnamese made Furniture.

In my 11 months delivering Amarts Furniture I never once had a Meal brake. Ever only received attention from the Manager when a customer complaints and never once about what measures and kind consideration towards customers rising from Promises told by the Furniture Sales staff. No Training. I was just another piece of Meat to be used for the Benefits of the Retailer.

good place to work

My day would include toolbox meetings , order picking for customer orders stock picking for store orders.Along with putting away stock and replenishing racking. High staff and management turnover.

Dont bother

Not a good place to work treat their staff like cattle.don't care how you have to live they don't want to sack you they like to hold you in limbo give you very little hours so you have to quit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture