Amart Furniture Employee Reviews

Great team learnt alot great people to work with
Office administrator (Current Employee) –  Prospect NSW7 January 2019
Every time I walk into work to start my shift I feel happy and everyone is always in a good mood and are happy to see you. We have a great team in the office we are like a little Family.
fun work place with funloving amazing staff
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW6 January 2019
the fun loving and good staff specially the manager mr donald he is just amazing man .. thanks sir and secondly mis danialla the women with great minds who always there to help
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Great Company to be a part of
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 January 2019
Awesome company to be a part of. The atmosphere is great, team members are good value and the work is great. Customers are friendly most of the time and are a pleasure to serve.
Do not bother
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 January 2019
I don’t care how desperate anyone could be for a job, Amart Furniture is the absolute worst.
No job advancement, casual hours being constantly cut with some causal on a max 15 hrs (still being cut on a weekly basis), management are super unsupportive and you will find yourself doing everything with them sitting on their phones doing absolutely nothing.
Although some of the people you meet at work are fantastic, there is blantant favouritism. Management let their favourites get away with doing the bar minimum whilst leaving others to pick up the slack.
No matter how hard you work you will recieve no praise.
Amart does not care about its employees, they are more concerned with making money and making the company seem more profitable to sell it off.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Poor management, no advancement and hours constantly been cut from casuals.
Use to be a good place to work but now it has changed. All managers expect too much and think Amart is life when infact Amart is not life.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Morang VIC19 November 2018
Needs to be more friendly and meetings need to be had within all staff. We are not treated 100% and if you are sick it's like no one believes you. They make you work alone in the office when it's impossible to do so all because of "budgets"
Pros
RDO every month that's about it
Cons
Expect way to much from all team memebers even when sick
Worst Employer
Despatch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munno Para SA18 November 2018
They expect thing done before they have asked.
Management has no idea.
You will be fired for the smallest infractions.
Everyone is casual, don't expect to advance unless you suck up.
Pros
Cons
Management has no clue
be prepared for boredom
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 November 2018
Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.
Pros
reasonable salary, office hours, discounts
Cons
not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.
each day is different
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW14 November 2018
working in the office team is fun and the whole team likes to have a laugh each day. there's so many different personalities in the team that make it fun. i was studying at uni while working here, and it was a great job for a full time student
Pros
great team environment
Cons
inconsistent hours sometimes
unique but fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  qld13 November 2018
while i was there for a number of years under different managers and different roles, i enjoyed my time, we were always busy and learning something new.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 November 2018
Working at Amart means that every single day is fast paced, challenging and fun! I love being surrounded by people who constantly want to try new ideas and are open to feedback. I'm challenged to think outside of the box and to always be thinking about my team and our customers.
Things happen quickly at Amart - so you have to love change and be open to new things. Everyone I've met in the business is so passionate about their role and the company, and it makes me so proud to wake up and come to work each day.
Pros
Discount on products
Management was terrible
Sales, customer service, office duties (Former Employee) –  Oxley QLD11 October 2018
Not a pleasant place to work most days. Management was un-supportive and did not set good examples ie walked around the store on mobiles on personal calls.
don't be fooled
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA30 September 2018
Don't take care of their staff, they have a high turn over rate. I was there for awhile and new management came in and got rid of all loyal staff to put in staff they worked with in other jobs ( their friends ). They don't employ Full time or part time anymore only casual... and if a friend of management needs a job I know for a fact that you will not be fired you just will never get hours again and they will put their friend in your position. NO STABILITY
Don't work there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Qld10 September 2018
They don't care about staff.amart it a company full of bullies doesn't matter what u do even going to HR and nothing will happen to them. All they want are robots to work there
Great salary, leaves a lot to be desired for work life balance
Assistant Manager (2IC) (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 August 2018
Working hours regularly more than time spent at home, expectations that managers start an hour and a half before their rostered times and finishing at least half an hour after rostered finish times. Care given to team in regards to family/work balance is minimal.
Great benefits in salary and commission, upper management are generally hard to deal with.
Company is set in it's ways.
Pros
Salary above regular expected retail wages
Cons
Hours worked for management are borderline/illegal, no compensatio or TIL paid for extra hours worked
Amart Mentone
Sales team member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2018
Amart Mentone was an absoloutly AMAZING store to work for, great staff and management team! always looked out for all of us and had our best interest at heart, loved every minute of working there
Overall it's a good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD17 July 2018
At times you feel like banging your head against a wall with the work load but knowing management are behind you and staff will help when they can, you know you make it through the day.
fun work place
INVENTORY CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Midland WA13 June 2018
great company to work for unfortunately my position was made redundant
i learned right from the start from sales to management to inventory control
most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my team succeed
Clueless management and constant staff cuts
Despatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morayfield QLD21 May 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE.

The senior management of Amart are grossly overpaid and so far out of touch with the day to day work. They set ridiculous targets for performance, offer no support to reach them and then blame the store for failing to achieve said goals.

All this while constantly cutting staff every few months - 2 rounds of redundancy already this year and its only May -
Pros
you can pay your bills
Cons
the entire business
Fast paced
Storeperson/Forklift Operator/despatch (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 May 2018
Enjoyed my ten years with the company.fast paced job always busy good friendly staff and management and made some good friends as well.overall a big thumbs up.
customer service based
Office assistant, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC4 May 2018
answering phone calls, dealing with customers, learnt alot about finance. harders part of the job is being yelled at by angry customers, most enjoyable is the atmosphere
Pros
discounts
Cons
regional manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.