Amart Furniture Employee Reviews

Good but challenging
Causal Sales (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 March 2019
Good casual job, must be good at sales. As sales = weekly hours

watch out for some people as some do steal your sales,

customers will try get anything cheaper than the already sales priced
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
Co-workers taking your sales from under your feet
You Are Just a Number No job progression
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  QLD15 February 2019
You will be treated like cattle. No matter how hard you work you will NEVER be promoted. It is IMPOSSIBLE to advance in this company. Expect 12 to 15 hours a week max. They cut hours so much you will not be able to pay your bills. Your roster will change so often you will not know when you are working. This is the worst company I have ever worked for they do not care if you are good at your job or not! Regional managers state "there will always be someone else to fill your position" DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Hours being constantly changed! Management are horrible
Supporting work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nunawading VIC10 February 2019
I felt supported while working through problem solving as well as day to day tasks.
It has taught me to be more confident in my approach to working hard.
Pros
Regular social events
Don’t look after employees
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 February 2019
Amart do not care about employees it’s all about the money and going on about customers if it wasn’t for loyal staff your customers wouldn’t come back.. There are no full time positions only causal no single parent can not S urvive on causal pay and does Amart care no.. I would not recommend working here they talk the talk but can’t walk the walk
Cons
No full time position
It is not a good time to work for this company .
Casual retail sales (Former Employee) –  Warana7 February 2019
Poor management at all levels , especially the area manager who loves the sound of his own voice . He is well known for completely changing operating rules at a moments notice and believes that he can sell anything in fact he will even tell you that when you start working for Amart, I certainly would not buy anything from him and almost everyone who works for Amart including other store managers think that he is a joke.

This company has a culture of micro management of the professional sales staff . They love to blame poor sales performance on their employees even when their sales are well above the average in comparison stores .

It is not a good time to work for this company .
Pros
Close to the Beach .
Cons
This company has a culture of micro management
Waste of time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 January 2019
I don’t care how desperate anyone could be for a job, Amart Furniture does not give two hoots about its employees. We are just another number to them.
There is absolutely no job advancement, casual hours are constantly being cut with some causals on a max of 15 hrs (still being cut on a weekly basis), management are super unsupportive and you will find yourself doing everything whilst they sit on their phones doing absolutely nothing.
Although some of the people you meet at work are fantastic, there is blantant favouritism. Management let their favourites get away with doing the bar minimum whilst leaving others to pick up the slack.
No matter how hard you work you will recieve no praise and this eventually becomes very disheartening.
Amart does not care about its employees, they are more concerned with making money and making the company seem more profitable to sell it off. This has become more prevelent in recent years with constant redundancies being offered without warning.
Don’t bother applying unless you are just looking for a casual position with limited hours.
Pros
Some of the fellow friendly staff
Cons
Broken promises, no career progression, terrible management etc
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Qld24 January 2019
you have to be fit and healthy and willing to lift heavy items to work in this industry. you also have to have an attention to detail to set up the show room.
A professional and fun workplace
Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2019
Always busy and in constant communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Enjoy learning as you go and improving job efficiency.
While management are mosty approachable they lack time to truly support or listen.
The work envirnonment/office is flexible, professional and modern.
Managing workload and stress is the hardest part of the job.
Workplace culture is friendly and we had some fun staff events.
Pros
Working with alot of good people.
Cons
Valuing employees is only a pretense.
Great team learnt alot great people to work with
Office administrator (Current Employee) –  Prospect NSW7 January 2019
Every time I walk into work to start my shift I feel happy and everyone is always in a good mood and are happy to see you. We have a great team in the office we are like a little Family.
fun work place with funloving amazing staff
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW6 January 2019
the fun loving and good staff specially the manager mr donald he is just amazing man .. thanks sir and secondly mis danialla the women with great minds who always there to help
Pros
free snacks
Cons

Want to know more about Amart Furniture?

Ask a question
Great Company to be a part of
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 January 2019
Awesome company to be a part of. The atmosphere is great, team members are good value and the work is great. Customers are friendly most of the time and are a pleasure to serve.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia QLD10 December 2018
Working as a casual means you have high sales targets which are often unreachable however management is fairly relaxed about it.

I have learned to utilise different methods to help progress a sale.

Hardest part is staying positive when sales aren't going your way.

Making people happy with their purchases.
Pros
Decent pay on weekends
Cons
poor hours for casuals.
Use to be a good place to work but now it has changed. All managers expect too much and think Amart is life when infact Amart is not life.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Morang VIC19 November 2018
Needs to be more friendly and meetings need to be had within all staff. We are not treated 100% and if you are sick it's like no one believes you. They make you work alone in the office when it's impossible to do so all because of "budgets"
Pros
RDO every month that's about it
Cons
Expect way to much from all team memebers even when sick
Worst Employer
Despatch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munno Para SA18 November 2018
They expect thing done before they have asked.
Management has no idea.
You will be fired for the smallest infractions.
Everyone is casual, don't expect to advance unless you suck up.
Pros
Cons
Management has no clue
be prepared for boredom
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 November 2018
Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.
Pros
reasonable salary, office hours, discounts
Cons
not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.
each day is different
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW14 November 2018
working in the office team is fun and the whole team likes to have a laugh each day. there's so many different personalities in the team that make it fun. i was studying at uni while working here, and it was a great job for a full time student
Pros
great team environment
Cons
inconsistent hours sometimes
unique but fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  qld13 November 2018
while i was there for a number of years under different managers and different roles, i enjoyed my time, we were always busy and learning something new.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 November 2018
Working at Amart means that every single day is fast paced, challenging and fun! I love being surrounded by people who constantly want to try new ideas and are open to feedback. I'm challenged to think outside of the box and to always be thinking about my team and our customers.
Things happen quickly at Amart - so you have to love change and be open to new things. Everyone I've met in the business is so passionate about their role and the company, and it makes me so proud to wake up and come to work each day.
Pros
Discount on products
Management was terrible
Sales, customer service, office duties (Former Employee) –  Oxley QLD11 October 2018
Not a pleasant place to work most days. Management was un-supportive and did not set good examples ie walked around the store on mobiles on personal calls.
don't be fooled
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Gepps Cross SA30 September 2018
Don't take care of their staff, they have a high turn over rate. I was there for awhile and new management came in and got rid of all loyal staff to put in staff they worked with in other jobs ( their friends ). They don't employ Full time or part time anymore only casual... and if a friend of management needs a job I know for a fact that you will not be fired you just will never get hours again and they will put their friend in your position. NO STABILITY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.