Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Employee Reviews

It is a good job with a good pay and benefits. It is a good company to work for and they take good care of their employees. Management is good. Work environment is good.
Great for people who have the gift of of the gab, can be very persuasive and manipulative to get their own way to make the big bucks and have a photographic memory. Not good for people who don't remember things easily, takes awhile to learn things and generally care about their customers.
Pros
Some nice helpful employees. Lovely customers.
Cons
Very demanding, stressful & unrealistic expectations.
Do not look after long term employees. It is all about what dollars can be made. There was definitely a management buddy system where I worked and no office ,sales or despatch staff had any chance of getting management jobs
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
buddy system
I worked there for 11 years in management. In that time I watched how the staff were treated. If regional management didn't like you, you were gone. In store, managers were good and encouraging to most staff. Not the friendliness place to work though. They expect crazy targets and expectations are ludicrous. I quit after having a mental breakdown, due to the treatment of a regional manger
We were a really nice team. Made some great life long friends here. It was challenging but we all did it united and conquered the day and weeks ahead. It is a shame that they don’t offer full time basis. Would help the staff.
Working at amart is a good experience, really busy unloading trucks and serving customers and working with a great bunch of people which is always a plus
Pros
Greats leaders
Cons
Hot days in the warehouse
Excellent company to work for. Always room for career advncement. Excellent sales incentives and bonuses. Pay rates are above award due to 7 day trading.
Pros
sales incentives
Cons
downturn
Amart Furniture used to be a good company to work for, now it's changed for the worse. Work safe would have a field day at how unsafe it is as they only have 1 person working in despatch to save costs
Pros
Some uniform supplied
Cons
Upper management
They don't care.. Horrible environment.. Store level and higher do not care. only good thing is some of people at same level and discounts on products.
I enjoyed my time at amart, I left due to having my second child and once I got further along in my pregnancy my boss at the time was not to compassionate about my leave or me anymore so I didn't return.
Pros
Commission
A job with relatively good pay, and has been a great experience working at Amart. However, the fun and excitement may vary depending on who is your current manager, but most of the time it is enjoyable. However, at times you will feel pressured in hitting target sales, even at low peak hours.
Work environment was relaxed all staff was friendly and easy to get on with. Management are willing to help with progressing in the company and encourage you to do so.
I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.
In my 11 months delivering Amarts Furniture I never once had a Meal brake. Ever only received attention from the Manager when a customer complaints and never once about what measures and kind consideration towards customers rising from Promises told by the Furniture Sales staff. No Training. I was just another piece of Meat to be used for the Benefits of the Retailer.
My day would include toolbox meetings , order picking for customer orders stock picking for store orders.Along with putting away stock and replenishing racking. High staff and management turnover.
Not a good place to work treat their staff like cattle.don't care how you have to live they don't want to sack you they like to hold you in limbo give you very little hours so you have to quit
The staff in the store become like family. The store and office managers are amazing with years of experience and a lot of patients and will guide you to become the best you can be in your role.
People are really good to work with and are very helpful. Always willing to teach you ways to better enhance your skills and also weekly reviews to show where you are at and how to improve.
No quarms with the job and work load unhappy customers hard to deal with staff calling in sick drawing more hours on mananagement.staff uncapeable of finding stock themselvs .
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
The work load with less staff
Was okay when working at other stores but the Amart in Penrith was not a good place to work at as the management there was completey terrible. They wouldn't look out for their team and would blame everyone else for their mistakes. Amart Furniture as a whole is and okay business but the Penrith store is a no go.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Job Security
I worked here for a short time and during my time I felt as though you were never really valued. The team members were all so competitive and would take sales to get a higher commission
Pros
Long break
Cons
Overly competitive