Amart Furniture

Amart Furniture Employee Reviews

Australia124 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Friendly but super competitive staff

I used to enjoy working here when the KPI’s weren’t the priority. Managers are all about making money - I personally value the quality of service I give over upselling and earning the company more money.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Poor management, KPI’s, shifts change without notice and is dependant on your performance

Productive and lovely company

The first company I've worked for that listens when you ask for help, management are lovely and the perfect balance of constructive criticism and encouragement, amazing benefits and whilst there are sales targets they are manageable

Best workplace

Amart is one of the best workplaces I’ve worked at, team is friendly, worked load is good, not overbearing. The give a flexibility rooster, with with shifts at other stores if needed.

Some amazing people, but the gossip and general incompetence amongst management is something else.

Met some amazing people over the years in all roles who have become lifelong friends and will help each other out as best we can, but the gossip, favouritism, one-upping, blatant disrespect and general incompetence amongst managers, both at store level and head office is unreal. Working through Covid in the warehouse was a nightmare. No staff turning up for shifts as they were getting paid Jobkeeper, and business boomed. Not a nice time when you are the only one turning up for your shift, and expected to run the entire show and serve every single customer to come in that day (sometimes hundreds during Covid). The kicker? Management wouldn't address the issue. I have met some managers over the years who would not last a month in any other company with the disrespect and incompetence on display.The company many years ago was amazing. The new culture is terrible. At the end of my time there, all I had to show was a lot of stress and no reward.

Pros

Met some lifelong friends, moving on, salaries aren't bad.

Cons

Finger pointing, uncaring, lying and generally selfish management types (not all), too many managers and not enough regular staff, no discipline enforced amongst any staff members, those who suck up get promoted, whilst hardworking staff get used and abused, casuals have no guarantee of hours, gossip.

Not reliable for constant hours

While the people were great to work with. The constant need to put your own time into learning the product wasn't beneficial. Management were good for the most part but some lacked skills to do their job. The hours were up and down which was not what I was told at the interview. The constant battling for sales was also an issue.

Pros

Discount.

Cons

fluctuating hours.

Not a nice place to work at

I had to watch my back a lot even though i was good at my job, higher management made it a unpleasant work environment, very hard to have meaningful work when most staff at stores are employed only as casuals

Pros

Great commissions

Cons

Unpleasant environment

Great people

Great people to work with, processes and management were the difficult parts, high expectations were set with no progression or reward. Hard to have a lunch

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours big expectations

Poor culture

If you like being treated like your in a prison yard then this place is for you,nothing but negativity from management & constant scrutiny,staff input is ignored

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Long periods on your feet

Productive and Fun with the right management

It is a fun work environment when you have the right management team. They ensure you are physically and mentally good and always try and help you whenever they can. They work the roster around your availability and do not force or push you to work when you are not available.

Pros

Amazing managers

Cons

Too many changes within the company

Nice bunch of people to work with

Decent company to work for, management was fairly easy going and adaptable. Training was good, always someone to help when needed. I was doing the admin side, complicated system that became repetitive.

Pros

Always received plenty of hours

Cons

Casual work, weekends involved

Great People to work with but not so great Management

With changing management and ultimately changing the process that was previously working. They have shot themself in the foot! I had an opportunity to work at brand new DC but the new management was shocking when once successful now-bankrupt become DC manager that explains a lot.

Pros

New everything and great people to work with

Cons

Heavy and repetitive lifting and constant changes by management

No proper training provided

I worked for Amart for approximately 6 months. During that time I was given about 2 or 3 four hour shifts a week to start with. Then I had 1 four hour shift per week. I do not consider that sufficient training considering the very complicated systems they used. Most people were friendly and helpful but the General Manager spoke down to everyone as if they were stupid.

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Serious lack of training

Very productive and a fun place to work

To be completely honest everyone's opinion will be different, but i had alot of fun working for Amart, i got to meet and greet different people in different areas, my time at Amart furniture was good.

Pros

Traning is free so is traveling

Cons

Narrow stairways and rude clinets

Extremely stressful. Great for people who care more about making money than human beings.

Great for people who have the gift of of the gab, can be very persuasive and manipulative to get their own way to make the big bucks and have a photographic memory. Not good for people who don't remember things easily, takes awhile to learn things and generally care about their customers.

Pros

Some nice helpful employees. Lovely customers.

Cons

Very demanding, stressful & unrealistic expectations.

Friendly staff but has management buddy system

Do not look after long term employees. It is all about what dollars can be made. There was definitely a management buddy system where I worked and no office ,sales or despatch staff had any chance of getting management jobs

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

buddy system

Your treated as a number not a part of a team

I worked there for 11 years in management. In that time I watched how the staff were treated. If regional management didn't like you, you were gone. In store, managers were good and encouraging to most staff. Not the friendliness place to work though. They expect crazy targets and expectations are ludicrous. I quit after having a mental breakdown, due to the treatment of a regional manger

Good

It is a good job with a good pay and benefits. It is a good company to work for and they take good care of their employees. Management is good. Work environment is good.

Good timesn

We were a really nice team. Made some great life long friends here. It was challenging but we all did it united and conquered the day and weeks ahead. It is a shame that they don’t offer full time basis. Would help the staff.

Awesome bunch of people

Working at amart is a good experience, really busy unloading trucks and serving customers and working with a great bunch of people which is always a plus

Pros

Greats leaders

Cons

Hot days in the warehouse

Productive place to work

Excellent company to work for. Always room for career advncement. Excellent sales incentives and bonuses. Pay rates are above award due to 7 day trading.

Pros

sales incentives

Cons

downturn

Company worried more about budget than safety

Amart Furniture used to be a good company to work for, now it's changed for the worse. Work safe would have a field day at how unsafe it is as they only have 1 person working in despatch to save costs

Pros

Some uniform supplied

Cons

Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture