Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Amart Furniture reviews

Amart Furniture

Amart Furniture Employee Review

Great people

Great people to work with, processes and management were the difficult parts, high expectations were set with no progression or reward. Hard to have a lunch

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours big expectations

Same roleSame location

Your treated as a number not a part of a team

I worked there for 11 years in management. In that time I watched how the staff were treated. If regional management didn't like you, you were gone. In store, managers were good and encouraging to most staff. Not the friendliness place to work though. They expect crazy targets and expectations are ludicrous. I quit after having a mental breakdown, due to the treatment of a regional manger

Friendly but super competitive staff

I used to enjoy working here when the KPI’s weren’t the priority. Managers are all about making money - I personally value the quality of service I give over upselling and earning the company more money.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Poor management, KPI’s, shifts change without notice and is dependant on your performance
Same location

Some amazing people, but the gossip and general incompetence amongst management is something else.

Met some amazing people over the years in all roles who have become lifelong friends and will help each other out as best we can, but the gossip, favouritism, one-upping, blatant disrespect and general incompetence amongst managers, both at store level and head office is unreal. Working through Covid in the warehouse was a nightmare. No staff turning up for shifts as they were getting paid Jobkeeper, and business boomed. Not a nice time when you are the only one turning up for your shift, and expected to run the entire show and serve every single customer to come in that day (sometimes hundreds during Covid). The kicker? Management wouldn't address the issue. I have met some managers over the years who would not last a month in any other company with the disrespect and incompetence on display.The company many years ago was amazing. The new culture is terrible. At the end of my time there, all I had to show was a lot of stress and no reward.

Pros

Met some lifelong friends, moving on, salaries aren't bad.

Cons

Finger pointing, uncaring, lying and generally selfish management types (not all), too many managers and not enough regular staff, no discipline enforced amongst any staff members, those who suck up get promoted, whilst hardworking staff get used and abused, casuals have no guarantee of hours, gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture