Amart Furniture
View all Amart Furniture reviews

Amart Furniture

Amart Furniture Employee Review

high stress lack of communication workplace

worked with them for 12 months got offered a transfer as i was moving interstate and rejected it best decission of my life yet. certain upper staff decide they dont like someone and make their life very hard to enjoy work

Pros

discounted broken furniture

Cons

everything

Same role

Some amazing people, but the gossip and general incompetence amongst management is something else.

Met some amazing people over the years in all roles who have become lifelong friends and will help each other out as best we can, but the gossip, favouritism, one-upping, blatant disrespect and general incompetence amongst managers, both at store level and head office is unreal. Working through Covid in the warehouse was a nightmare. No staff turning up for shifts as they were getting paid Jobkeeper, and business boomed. Not a nice time when you are the only one turning up for your shift, and expected to run the entire show and serve every single customer to come in that day (sometimes hundreds during Covid). The kicker? Management wouldn't address the issue. I have met some managers over the years who would not last a month in any other company with the disrespect and incompetence on display.The company many years ago was amazing. The new culture is terrible. At the end of my time there, all I had to show was a lot of stress and no reward.

Pros

Met some lifelong friends, moving on, salaries aren't bad.

Cons

Finger pointing, uncaring, lying and generally selfish management types (not all), too many managers and not enough regular staff, no discipline enforced amongst any staff members, those who suck up get promoted, whilst hardworking staff get used and abused, casuals have no guarantee of hours, gossip.
Same role

Awesome bunch of people

Working at amart is a good experience, really busy unloading trucks and serving customers and working with a great bunch of people which is always a plus

Pros

Greats leaders

Cons

Hot days in the warehouse
Same location

be prepared for boredom

Management roles require very little skill and become boring quite quickly. Very limited progression opportunities. Sales team are pleasant and easy to manage.

Pros

reasonable salary, office hours, discounts

Cons

not challenging, very poor IT systems, monotonous daily activity, poor company culture despite vision/values statements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture
  • high stress lack of communication workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?