Amart Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Amart Furniture Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD5 reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits

A professional and fun workplace

Always busy and in constant communication with internal and external stakeholders. Enjoy learning as you go and improving job efficiency. While management are mosty approachable they lack time to truly support or listen. The work envirnonment/office is flexible, professional and modern. Managing workload and stress is the hardest part of the job. Workplace culture is friendly and we had some fun staff events.

Pros

Working with alot of good people.

Cons

Valuing employees is only a pretense.

Scratch the surface - a truly awful environment

I worked in a management role at H/O in Brisbane. I had been quietly warned about coming across by a couple of employees already there but I thought it couldn’t be that bad. Took about 5 mins to figure out a tiny group of long-term males with retail and workplace philosophies stuck in the 90s ran the show. Bullying but also excruciating misogyny permeated every interaction. In terms of bonuses I joined on the expectation the bonuses would compensate for the salary drop. After commencing my hiring manager laughed and said “we haven’t had bonuses in a decade!” There are 3 types of people at H/O: those who drink the Kool-Aid, those who don’t but smile while living in abject fear of job loss and those who serve the Kool Aid. Amart treats it suppliers with contempt while demanding continual handouts to prop up what is a slow retailer’s death. In any circumstance do NOT confide in HR or even your own manager. Just look elsewhere. Plenty of ex-Amart Staff that would attest to what has to be among the worst corporate cultures in Australian business masked by a sickening virtue signalling charity minded facade. My role is obscured to limit my identity but I hope the parent company soon wake up to the incompetency at the top of the tree.

Waste of time

I don’t care how desperate anyone could be for a job, Amart Furniture does not give two hoots about its employees. We are just another number to them. There is absolutely no job advancement, casual hours are constantly being cut with some causals on a max of 15 hrs (still being cut on a weekly basis), management are super unsupportive and you will find yourself doing everything whilst they sit on their phones doing absolutely nothing. Although some of the people you meet at work are fantastic, there is blantant favouritism. Management let their favourites get away with doing the bar minimum whilst leaving others to pick up the slack. No matter how hard you work you will recieve no praise and this eventually becomes very disheartening. Amart does not care about its employees, they are more concerned with making money and making the company seem more profitable to sell it off. This has become more prevelent in recent years with constant redundancies being offered without warning. Don’t bother applying unless you are just looking for a casual position with limited hours.

Pros

Some of the fellow friendly staff

Cons

Broken promises, no career progression, terrible management etc

Fast paced

Enjoyed my ten years with the company.fast paced job always busy good friendly staff and management and made some good friends as well.overall a big thumbs up.

Management sucks

I was satisfied with the sales role in Super Amart and achieved top sales in the country, I applied for a better position internally and management decided to move me to the store where i have to start from scratch and will be behind in sales. Management is full of people promoted from despatch, with no relevant experience.

Cons

Promotion is base on whom you know instead of what you know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amart Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Amart Furniture
  • Brisbane QLD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?